Another Fine Job By St Mae

I am told they are having trouble getting people to work on the planes after they had to send some of the original workers back to their home country of Argentina (while the farm out issue was in the courts). Also they are having trouble since some of the workers do not speak English very well.

A320 Driver said:
...I'm placing myself in the cornfield for good. You folks have at it. I've had enough...
There is no need to put up questions seeking responses from A320 Driver since he no longer will be posting here.

jetmech01890 said:
700 uw get of your ### and buff the plane last time I checked the hanger it was cleaner work to buff the exterior of the a/c but if you want MAE can do it too no charge get to work cleaner
Part of a Q-Check or S-check is to wash the plane, and then polish it, apparantly you don't know how to read as in my original post it said there was dry wash still left on the plane when it came back from MAE.

So try again.

If a plane is not clean it can not be inspected properly for cracks and damage. You must clean the aircraft to properly do the "S" check. End of story.

pitguy said:
If a plane is not clean it can not be inspected properly for cracks and damage. You must clean the aircraft to properly do the "S" check. End of story.
pitguy, the plane was filthy, not washed, not even polished, grease all over the APU door and fluid coming from the tail by the horizontal stabilizer and the cowlings were filthy too.

Makes you wonder about what the structure looks like and what was done, especially the forward lav pan since the bus is known for severe corrosion problems in that section of the plane.

According to the aircraft history all three lavs are removed and a new modified lav floor pans are installed. As far as the other inspections and repairs done, I can't answer. The only things we can read from the work pack done on the aircraft are open items which are currently open in mach history.
This is the same with our aircraft also. We can't read in mach history all the work that was completed.

PITMTC said:
According to the aircraft history all three lavs are removed and a new modified lav floor pans are installed. As far as the other inspections and repairs done, I can't answer. The only things we can read from the work pack done on the aircraft are open items which are currently open in mach history.
This is the same with our aircraft also. We can't read in mach history all the work that was completed.
Yep they did a great job with the flaps on 700, 706 too, right?

Look at their ratio of unlicensed mechanics

Personnel
Certificated Mechanics: 532
Repairmen: 74
Non-Certificated Mechanics: 1173
Total Employees: 1776

http://av-info.faa.gov/repairstation.asp?certno=MZAR013L

You truly need to read what people type and not change it into what you want to read.
Where did my response call for yours?
I only stated what I read from mach history based on the question you asked about the lavs floors.

You are an argumentative and irrate person with a lot of anger inside. In my opinion you are a dead end martyr. There isn't an employee group out there who wouold support the Utility department like you support the mechanics. You would be sold out in a heart beat if the company had you in their sights.

Trust me, I fully understand what you stand for and what your quest is with this company. Most of the tiem I appreciate it, but you fight with people here, you try to put down everything anybody posts that YOU don't agree with and all that does is take your mostly factual comments and turn them into things that I don't want to read.

Post your facts and opinions and leave out the emotion and child like ridicule and you will one day make a good Union Negotiator.

Until then, you are going to continue to sound like a Sh__-House lawyer you have been spunding like all along.

And who died and made you judge and jury, I am not angry, not irrate I am passionate, I did not attack you or make a comment about you.

I just pointed out their track record.

And most of all I am a TRADE UNIONIST!

Employers and employees alike have learned that in union there is strength, that a coordination of individual effort means an elimination of waste, a bettering of living conditions, and is in fact, the father of prosperity.
Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt (D-N.Y., 1929-1932), in address before the New York Women's Trade Union League, 6/8/1929

700UW said:
Yep they did a great job with the flaps on 700, 706 too, right?
Now, to prove you are wrong, you are going to make it sound like I am defending them.
As far as the flaps are concerned, do you knwo ahy we have not had the flap problems any more?
I believe you do, but you won't say. Well it is because the paperwork we provided them was wrong. So they followed our paperwork and that is why the rigging problem was repeated. You new this right?
We would have had the same results with our first one. We woudl have most definately corrected it before the second one, but that is a moot point now.
Once again I consider myself a fair and honest person and will not try to hide the truth so if YOU are going to post thiings then don't be one-way.

PITMTC said:
As far as the flaps are concerned, do you knwo ahy we have not had the flap problems any more?
I believe you do, but you won't say. Well it is because the paperwork we provided them was wrong. So they followed our paperwork and that is why the rigging problem was repeated. You new this right?
Hungry here is some crow:

From my friend AOGNIT

Posted on: Mar 9 2004, 07:34 AM

Replies: 178
Views: 8,037 Let me settle this debate with facts...and put an end to any and all rumors on this subject. Especially for the fools here uttering rediculous words like sabotage and raisng inuendo of under-handed shinanigans by the dedicated employees of U.

707UW remained in MSY yesterday..as opposed to being maintenance ferried to CLT for added work as origionally planned in the aftermath of this "Hard Failure"

ST Mobile Aerospace was contacted regarding this problem with 707UW..and they made the claim that the "Job Cards" in this phase of the S-1 Check regarding "Clocking the drives" of the flap system or Indexing them were vague. Keep in mind my first impressions as to what may have led to this happening again in my initial post. God I hate being right.

As opposed to seeking clarification on what was to be done and how from a higher authority , in this case Airbus Tech and Engineering support..they simply muttled through the work with un-certainty looming on the subject.

I find this approach highly suspect and objectionable in light of what took place with our previous Acft intrusted to them....this was a golden opprotunity for them to shine or make good on a previous mistake as a lesson learned and corrected...yet the same approach was used again...and un-certainty remains a shadow in the minds of many.

ST Mobile Aerospace dispatched mechanics to MSY to correct the problems as opposed to ferrying the Acft to BFM or CLT as origionally planned. The repairs have been made..and 707UW will again "Repo-Ferry" in a Non-Revenued state from MSY to CLT later today. Should all go well with the on site repairs and the results of the ferry flight proove acceptable? , 707UW will again re-join the fleet in a revenued fashion.

Many IAM'ers will ask why a road trip was not inititated to repair a "Line Aircraft" that is supposed to be released back to our future care as opposed to Mobile being called out to MSY? This I know raises the question of grievences being filed for yet another violation of our CBA...whether I or anyone else agrees or not? The call was made by the powers that be..that this was in their opinion a "Warranty Issue" Be it or not be it? The next question will likely be..if 707UW was a warranty job ?...why wasn't 700UW in RIC or IAH handled this way before?

Frankly if I had the answers to all those possibilities and scenarios...I would not be wasting a moment of my time trying to set the record straight here on what has taken place...and touching on as to why it took place to begin with.

Here are the facts from a state of being right , non-speculative and forthright.

707UW did in fact have alike rigging (Clocking) issues that mirrored some of the previous problems that 700UW had prior...the only thing missing element this time was hard hydraulic systems problems on top of the rigging concerns.

Fact...ST Mobile Aerospace admitted to parties in the know , that they had questions regarding the procedures on this phase of the work..yet elected to not persue those questions to the highest source for such answers ( Airbus in this particular case)..or did not act on any advise they may have sought?

Fact...707 will have lost 1.5 to 2.0 days of revenued availability due to mis-understandings of the task at hand...and not seeking resolve from those with the ability to raise the fog for them on the issue at hand. This is nothing new in aviation...If clarity is not Omni-Present...you do not go forward until it is !

Fact..When an FAR , Repair Manual or Task card seems vague of ambiguous? A responsible Technician or FAA Repair Facility seeks hard and fast answers to the problem they are faced with..then submits suggstions to seek changes or clarification in the repair data..Revisions to the data become the order of the day. This would be the act of a reponsible and knowledgable person in this trade...any dispute there?

I hope you folks have fun with the facts of the matter..Cuz frankly , some of you naysayers and corporate sell-outs are not worth the time it takes to even set you straight...and you know whom you are when I say that.

To those seeking the truth..and appreciating hearing the truth of the matter..I bid you a safe , pleasant and productive day. Keep Flying...and doing it by the book as always.

Forum: US Airways · Post Preview: #118469

I will expect your apology for saying I won't give the reason.