Another Item Of Interest

Nightwatch

Veteran
Jun 8, 2004
ATTENTION ALL DISSIDENTS

Congratulations to you and your outspoken leaders for correctly defining what a dissident is according to Webster. He wrote in a recent article dissident is defined in the dictionary as; 1.) To sit apart. Disagree. 2.) Offer with an opinion or group. He also admits that the people in reference are in Fact A.M.F.A. supporters. My Question is do you know what the term unity means. Since this term is used in your campaign against the T.W.U., Let us print the definition for everyone to see; 1.) A being united, oneness. 2.) Harmony; Agreement. Now you tell me Mr. Dissident. Which is it going to be? Smart Union Members know the only way to succeed is to Unite. And your confusion on which method of Unionism is best is doing nothing but wasting time, which could be, spent educating and preparing members for the next contract.

You point out the problem in your own article but still fail to see it. It is true that the Majority of members did not vote in the recent officers elections, “that my friend is a direct result of the negative remarks you constantly make about the union. You see it doesn’t matter whether or not your International Union is called T.W.U or A.M.F.A. or Mickey Mouse fan club the strength comes in unity and numbers. How do you see your actions going towards the betterment of organized Labor? Or is it a fact that you were raised to consider only yourself when decision-making is needed on an issue." Punishment has been given to many children for being as inconsiderate of another person’s feelings and needs as your beliefs are.

Your Leader also refers to the last contract as an opportunity of a lifetime. I will admit that the profits being made were as good as you can get as far as pre-contract conditions, but let the membership take any blame for they are the ones who began splitting the ranks with yellow cards and negative literature. We the membership put the International in a position of not having 100 percent support. The conduct of dissidents is not bad when done in a positive way. But, the seeds of negative literature grows nothing but anti-union. Weak links in the chain of strength.

Next we need to again look at the “Majority Rulesâ€￾ he refers to skilled labor as the minority. And claims that by separation from fleet service skilled labor will be the majority. The truth is another division of strength will occur. Plus the skilled welders, machinists, platers and composite would then be the minority with A.M.F.A. Negotiating for A & P’s. Ask yourselves, will these groups then look for their own little union also. When A.M.F.A. goes on strike who will know if the worker crossing the picket line is a mechanic scab or just a machinists abiding by his little contract?

Let it be considered that if the majority does fall on the side of the dissidents as your leader says. Which one of them will be the leader with enough skills to repair the damage to the chain of strength? I have not seen one yet with the true Union beliefs. A true leader has the ability to disagree and seek change in a positive way that is not damaging to organized labor.

Thanks for Reading.

* Written a few years ago by Dave Stewart welder in Tulsa, OK. (Presently co-organizer of Amfa local 12)

Review what Amfa has accomplished at Northwest and United and you will see Dave is correct in his assessment of the last few years and the forecast for the future, if Amfa were to get in at AA. Will this be the pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow? Or, the devastation of our lives-or jobs-or community and the continued slow death of our profession?

Buck said:
Please date the content of your posting.
The year was 1989.

And I have never denied, but have apologized for my past ignorance.

Just read the letter, notice the part about "Plus the skilled welders, machinists, platers and composite would then be the minority with A.M.F.A. Negotiating for A & P’s. Ask yourselves, will these groups then look for their own little union also. When A.M.F.A. goes on strike who will know if the worker crossing the picket line is a mechanic scab or just a machinists abiding by his little contract?"

This demonstrates and simple and ignorant understanding of the Railway Labor Act, the National Mediation Board Representation Manual, and the definition of Craft or Class.

Once again, I aplogize to all skilled craftsmen for my 1989 ignorance and fear!

I do notice the TWU stooges re-writing and/or presenting very old arguements and propaganda. Thank God, we now know they are out of ammunition and will be soundly trounced soon by the truth.

I do notice the TWU stooges re-writing and/or presenting very old arguements and propaganda. Thank God, we now know they are out of ammunition and will be soundly trounced soon by the truth.

I sir am nobody's stooge. I already stated I got your find verbage from a Google search. Your continuing belittling of people is not an attribute as you may think.

nightwatch

Review what Amfa has accomplished at Northwest and United and you will see Dave is correct in his assessment of the last few years and the forecast for the future, if Amfa were to get in at AA. Will this be the pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow? Or, the devastation of our lives-or jobs-or community and the continued slow death of our profession?

And the toilet workers union has done such a great job of protecting our profession at aa. You are a fool. The one union that has degraded the profession of the amt is by far the worthless twu. The twu has a history of concessionary contracts. The AMFA could not make things any worse than the twu all ready has. Actually I think it is impossible to make things any worse than the twu all ready has. We are the lowest paid in the industry once again thanks to the twu. A company union for the company. Open your eyes look at your last paycheck. You got suckered into believing bankruptcy was not an option.

Nightwatch said:
I sir am nobody's stooge. I already stated I got your find verbage from a Google search. Your continuing belittling of people is not an attribute as you may think.
And the TWU belittling of the mechanic craft and class is also not an attribute.

minor typo:

find - discover

fine - Of superior quality, skill, or appearance

Decision 2004 said:
The year was 1989.

And I have never denied, but have apologized for my past ignorance.

Live and learn. One of Gods greatest gifts to us was the capacity to learn no matter how old we get. Its a shame that so many dont take advantage of it. It keeps life fun!

What is sad is that these TWU supporters have nothing to use so they have to go after you personally. So you supported the TWU. You bought the BS about how its all the members fault, but, in the end you saw through it and learned, obviously they havent. These guys are strictly rear view mirror.

Now here's a reason to vote AMFA if I ever saw one. Want to wager on the "make things any worse" scenario?

With the massive pay cut we took I am surprised you have any money to wager.

Oh :eek: but you are TWA which means you actually got a raise when the twu saved all of your jobs at mci.

I would still put my money on the AMFA since the twu has not won at a contract negotiation in at least 18 years. But if you favor the chronic looser thats good for the odds.

My Question is do you know what the term unity means. Since this term is used in your campaign against the T.W.U., Let us print the definition for everyone to see; 1.) A being united, oneness. 2.) Harmony; Agreement. Now you tell me Mr. Dissident. Which is it going to be? Smart Union Members know the only way to succeed is to Unite. And your confusion on which method of Unionism is best is doing nothing but wasting time, which could be, spent educating and preparing members for the next contract.

You first have to have a real union to unite under. Until that time you will see no real unity because the members do not trust the twu (don't give me any bull saying we did that because it started long before we were here).

You point out the problem in your own article but still fail to see it. It is true that the Majority of members did not vote in the recent officers elections, “that my friend is a direct result of the negative remarks you constantly make about the union. You see it doesn’t matter whether or not your International Union is called T.W.U or A.M.F.A. or Mickey Mouse fan club the strength comes in unity and numbers. How do you see your actions going towards the betterment of organized Labor?

The amount of people voting in the last election is a direct reflection of the quality of candidates. The people who are running now are calling the current leaders idiots and morons, and these are twu supporters.
Our actions will help all technicians not just a select few (Technician includes A&P mechanics, welders, machinists, platers, and ect). It was the actions of the twu that has caused their downfall.

Your Leader also refers to the last contract as an opportunity of a lifetime. I will admit that the profits being made were as good as you can get as far as pre-contract conditions, but let the membership take any blame for they are the ones who began splitting the ranks with yellow cards and negative literature. We the membership put the International in a position of not having 100 percent support. The conduct of dissidents is not bad when done in a positive way. But, the seeds of negative literature grows nothing but anti-union.

You say our actions are anti-union, when in fact they are pro-membership. The union would not listen to complaints verbalized in the union hall, all they could say is your out of order. I was a shop steward for the twu and have seen that happen many times.

Let it be considered that if the majority does fall on the side of the dissidents as your leader says. Which one of them will be the leader with enough skills to repair the damage to the chain of strength? I have not seen one yet with the true Union beliefs. A true leader has the ability to disagree and seek change in a positive way that is not damaging to organized labor.

Damage organized labor? How can you have organized labor when you keep trying to make cowards out of them by promoting fear. You wont have anyone to stand behind you if they are all scared little sheep.

Plus the skilled welders, machinists, platers and composite would then be the minority with A.M.F.A. Negotiating for A & P’s. Ask yourselves, will these groups then look for their own little union also.

They are all TECHNICIANS!!! They will be on the same payscale and have the exact same benefits as everyone else.