DECISION 2007

Advanced
Mar 19, 2004
*copied from AMFAnuts.com
Employer: HORIZON AIRLINES
Date: Sunday, March 21, 2004
Time: 08:30 PM
Comments

AMFA JUST ASKED FOR THE NMB TO STEP IN AND REQUESTED MEDIATION TO NEG OUR CONTRACT HERE AT HORIZON AIR, WITHOUT A VOTE OF THE MEMBERSHIP OR EVEN ANY KIND OF NOTICE ON WHAT THAT MEANS TO THE MEMBERSHIP NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW HOW MUCH THAT WILL COST OUR LOCAL OR IF WE WILL HAVE LEGAL HELP IN THE ROOM WITH THE MEDIATOR WE HAVE NOT HAD A LAWYER IN THE ROOM FOR THE LAST YEAR OF NEG AND WE DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL BE REPRESENTING US NOW EITHER.

This might sound rude, but I'm not surprised at all. How could AMFA, especially Delle or McCormick have time to negotiate a contract for you? You're "just" a commuter Airlines to AMFA. Delle is too busy at American Airlines and United Airlines to worry about a few at Horizon. I hope that the Horizon Mechanics have learned a lesson. I feel sorry for those who didn't want AMFA, but I don't for the stupid ones who did. It's going to be a long time before you ever see AMFA again, just ask the Mechanics at Alaska and Northwest. Once they've got your dues they're long gone. I was LOL thinking that Delle, the Union Farm Out King, even Farmed Out your Negotiations to a Mediator. AMFA Sucks!

Puts a different spin on AMFA's agenda with our industry. Not meant to cause concern with the true AMFA believers, we realize Delle can do no wrong, yeah right.

All bow before the King!.............
Delle-king.jpg

If AMFA is so bad at HORIZON, how come there is no card drive to replace them?
If I remember correctly ,AMFA went into mediation at NORTHWEST and forced a PEB,STRIKE THREAT that gave a huge boost to wages and benefits at that carrier.
I remember our first TWU contract proposal at AA in 2001. It offered us peanuts in wage increases. After AMFA got NORTHWEST their raises ,all of a sudden the TWU comes back with tenative agreement that looks like a bad copy of the AMFA contract at NORTHWEST! Maybe history will repeat itself!

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
If I remember correctly ,AMFA went into mediation at NORTHWEST and forced a PEB,STRIKE THREAT that gave a huge boost to wages and benefits at that carrier.
I remember our first TWU contract proposal at AA in 2001. It offered us peanuts in wage increases. After AMFA got NORTHWEST their raises ,all of a sudden the TWU comes back with tenative agreement that looks like a bad copy of the AMFA contract at NORTHWEST! Maybe history will repeat itself!
I remember that well.

The company claimed that "10 to 15" mechanics at JFK caused them to cancell hundreds of flights and stop all trips in and out of JFK for 24 hours.

The hearing was hysterical!

The company claimed that we had a "secret password" to start a job action. And that word was "insult".

That when the section chairman told the company that the proposal was an "insult" that he was not talking about the contract but rather was signaling the membership to start a job action!

The company did fire one mechanic, who got his job back but only with half pay because Luby screwed up the case by not detailing the mechanics actions to the arbitrator.

You AMFA followers really amaze me..! You really believe that AMFA was the one who established the wage rates of the 2001 negotiations. It was a no-brainer that wages for the airline mechanics were due a substantial increase. AMFA had been in negotiations with Northwest for quite a long time making unreasonable demands to the sum of $60.00 per hour for AMT wages. They were doing nothing more than campaigning for potential members. ( "Serving up Kool-aid")

United began to get close to settling their contract and were down to the final economic issues. Now AMFA began to sweat, knowing they needed to give the impression of the industry leader to maintain their little display. They needed to create a diversion.....! They had to stop the negotiating process between United and the IAM. So since AMFA was engaged in soliciting for membership at United they called for a vote, knowing full well they lacked the support! This stopped the negotiationg process between United and the IAM for card counting at the NMB.

This gave AMFA the time it needed to finish selling out the seniortity rights of the former IAM represented employees at Northwest for the money...!

This Princess allowed AMFA to give the impression of the industry leader and serve up some more ("AMFA Kool-aid") and it appears that you Princess, have drank your fill...!

-----------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
You AMFA followers really amaze me..! You really believe that AMFA was the one who established the wage rates of the 2001 negotiations. It was a no-brainer that wages for the airline mechanics were due a substantial increase. AMFA had been in negotiations with Northwest for quite a long time making unreasonable demands to the sum of $60.00 per hour for AMT wages. They were doing nothing more than campaigning for potential members. ( "Serving up Kool-aid")

United began to get close to settling their contract and were down to the final economic issues. Now AMFA began to sweat, knowing they needed to give the impression of the industry leader to maintain their little display. They needed to create a diversion.....! They had to stop the negotiating process between United and the IAM. So since AMFA was engaged in soliciting for membership at United they called for a vote, knowing full well they lacked the support! This stopped the negotiationg process between United and the IAM for card counting at the NMB.

This gave AMFA the time it needed to finish selling out the seniortity rights of the former IAM represented employees at Northwest for the money...!

This Princess allowed AMFA to give the impression of the industry leader and serve up some more ("AMFA Kool-aid") and it appears that you Princess, have drank your fill...!

-----------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
OK so according to your theory it was the IAM that was poised to establish the new rate. So how does that support us staying with the TWU?

If thats the case we should still get rid of the TWU and go for the IAM.

The IAM, the union that would have set the new rates for mechanics(according to you, but if I remember the IAM at NWA came back with an infereior proposal right before they booted them out in favor of AMFA).

The IAM , the union that kept R&D with maint until bankruptcy, twenty years after the TWU gave it away.

The IAM the union that kept Double time, holiday pay and all sorts of benifits through bankruptcy that the TWU gave away prior to bankruptcy.

The IAM the union that never agreed to OSMs or SRPs, the creation of a permanent B-scale.

BUT, the only way we can get the IAM is to get rid of the TWU, then wait two years , then file for another election. So in the meantime lets get AMFA!

No matter how you want to look at it, the TWU has got to go!

HIGH SPEED STEAL,

It's funny how you mention the UAL AMFA election that was blocked by the IAM by adding non-union management people to their list of mechanic and related.
Is the EVIL TWU going to try an add management to our list of mechanic and related? You should try AMFA flavor kool-aid. It's sweet and delicious, not sour,bitter,and deadly like the TWU flavor that Jim Jones used in his cult.

Calling in for a mediator is the first step to being able to legally use "self help". Anyone who followed the NWA/AMFA negotiations got to see the complete process up to going on strike. You may want to do your homework and get caught up on how the process works. We have lost 50+ years of union negotiated wages/benefits and the company will not want to give it back. Stop drinking the blue water and your head will clear.............

Keep the Faith............VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
Calling in for a mediator is the first step to being able to legally use "self help". Anyone who followed the NWA/AMFA negotiations got to see the complete process up to going on strike. You may want to do your homework and get caught up on how the process works. We have lost 50+ years of union negotiated wages/benefits and the company will not want to give it back. Stop drinking the blue water and your head will clear.............

Keep the Faith............VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Princess, Bus Stop, stay illusioned, drink the kool aid

AMFA_Kool-aid.jpg

Here's Decision 2007 and Mojo 13 after AMFA wins!

Attachments

• scooby2.jpg
    scooby2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 120

Latest posts