Any stations LOST overnight cabin service yet (RON) ???

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
My grapevine(at my station) has overnite cabins GONZO by 6/15. Extra Large (XL)RIF.
This will be the much needed, and long anticipated MORALE BOOSTER that the (present) DISGRUNTLED troops need !!!!

What are you guys/gals hearing at your garden of Eden(station) ??????

NH/BB''s

June 14th overnight cleans will be contracted out at MCI. Gone will be 11 to 14 Full Time heads, and 2 Crew Chiefs. We can''t hang on to but a handfull of Full Time positions, but across the ramp there is about 2000 Full Time TWAer''s.

----------------
On 5/6/2003 2:07:58 PM bagsmasher wrote:

June 14th overnight cleans will be contracted out at MCI. Gone will be 11 to 14 Full Time heads, and 2 Crew Chiefs. We can''t hang on to but a handfull of Full Time positions, but across the ramp there is about 2000 Full Time TWAer''s.

----------------​
No, Bags, you are wrong!! Acroos the ramp are about 2000 Full Time AAers.

NHBB,

At SJC not only are we losing RON, but with a 13 person shortgage in headcount the TWU has apparently given up our positions at the CTX to compensate(located on the ramp).

Latest word at DFW is approx 180 fulltimers will get cut on Jun 14th. All RON''s will be outsourced on midnites, however AA will keep the lav and rug truck duties. Word has it the same company that cleans the terminals at DFW will now be doing the AA RON''s. They are the same company that had 80 employees deported last year when the INS raided DFW. There is no way in hell they will be able to clean 40-50 RON''s a nite.

I also heard that some cities will not outsource RON''s. Why have somebody else come out to clean one F-100 RON.

----------------
On 5/6/2003 8:11:42 PM DFWFSC wrote:

Word has it the same company that cleans the terminals at DFW will now be doing the AA RON''s. They are the same company that had 80 employees deported last year when the INS raided DFW. There is no way in hell they will be able to clean 40-50 RON''s a nite.

----------------​

They will if they want to keep the contract... There are always other companies ready and willing to step in and take over in the event the winning bidder can''t deliver.

Since they''ll be on the ramp, I don''t think INS issues will be a concern, because they''ll have to go thru fingerprinting and background checks. I don''t think that the cleaners inside the terminal were subjected to the same checks.

----------------
On 5/6/2003 10:32:10 PM eolesen wrote:

----------------
On 5/6/2003 8:11:42 PM DFWFSC wrote:

Word has it the same company that cleans the terminals at DFW will now be doing the AA RON''s. They are the same company that had 80 employees deported last year when the INS raided DFW. There is no way in hell they will be able to clean 40-50 RON''s a nite.

----------------​

They will if they want to keep the contract... There are always other companies ready and willing to step in and take over in the event the winning bidder can''t deliver.

Since they''ll be on the ramp, I don''t think INS issues will be a concern, because they''ll have to go thru fingerprinting and background checks. I don''t think that the cleaners inside the terminal were subjected to the same checks.

----------------​

This same cleaning company already has people on the ramp cleaning offices and gatehouse''s, breakrooms, etc...

When the INS raided DFW last year, they found that 25-30 of these employess had the same social security number listed on their background check paperwork/applications. Im not sure how they slipped it thru the cracks. The AA employee cafateria in the "C" terminal lost all it''s employees in the raid and has yet to open back up.

All the other service vendors operating out on the DFW ramp are having massive turnover rates, Evergreen,Worldwide,Serviceair,Ogden,etc...

The cleaning company at DFW wasn''t the successful bidder. I believe Globe got that contract.

Globe, WFS (formerly AMR Services), ATS, and Prospect got the bulk of the contracts, but there are some others as well.

Most if not all of them already have contracts with other airlines for overnight cabin cleaning, and most of them also had the security screening contracts prior to the TSA taking over the checkpoints, as well as the skycap and wheelchair aide contracts.

----------------
I give it a year before AA takes back the RON''s
----------------​
We pay half as much for outsourcing and, according to Continental, the quality is comparable or better in some cases. There is a lot of power in holding your vendors accountable for the quality of job that they do. I doubt that we have the same kind of power among our own employees.
----------------
What about all the station''s where AA fsc''s handle eagle flight''s? What about stations where AA fsc''s handle other airlines RON''s on the nite shift?
----------------​
In AA-handled AA/AE stations it does not make sense to run dual AA/AE-staffed operations. By running a single operation, our reduced overhead costs more than offset the cost of handling everything at AA''s higher rates. When outsourcing to a vendor, we do not bear as much overhead and the labor is paid far less.

In stations where we handle OA RONs, we''ll be able to provide a more competitive ground handling cost quote. We may even be able to win an extra contract or two because of it.
----------------
None of that stuff was considered during the rush to get the new contract worked out.
----------------​
We did think of all of the things that you have mentioned and more. Our estimates for the number of jobs affected are reliable.

----------------
On 5/7/2003 12:09:22 PM eolesen wrote:

The cleaning company at DFW wasn''t the successful bidder. I believe Globe got that contract.

Globe, WFS (formerly AMR Services), ATS, and Prospect got the bulk of the contracts, but there are some others as well.

Most if not all of them already have contracts with other airlines for overnight cabin cleaning, and most of them also had the security screening contracts prior to the TSA taking over the checkpoints, as well as the skycap and wheelchair aide contracts.

----------------​

I give it a year before AA takes back the RON''s, at the hubs at least.

What about all the station''s where AA fsc''s handle eagle flight''s? Will the eagle flights be outsourced as well?? Isn''t a eagle employee cheaper than a vendor? What about stations where AA fsc''s handle other airlines RON''s on the nite shift?

None of that stuff was considered during the rush to get the new contract worked out. so a lot more layoff''s will occur then first thought.

----------------
On 5/7/2003 2:22:00 PM Connected1 wrote:

----------------
I give it a year before AA takes back the RON''s
----------------​
We pay half as much for outsourcing and, according to Continental, the quality is comparable or better in some cases. There is a lot of power in holding your vendors accountable for the quality of job that they do. I doubt that we have the same kind of power among our own employees.
----------------
What about all the station''s where AA fsc''s handle eagle flight''s? What about stations where AA fsc''s handle other airlines RON''s on the nite shift?
----------------​
In AA-handled AA/AE stations it does not make sense to run dual AA/AE-staffed operations. By running a single operation, our reduced overhead costs more than offset the cost of handling everything at AA''s higher rates. When outsourcing to a vendor, we do not bear as much overhead and the labor is paid far less.

In stations where we handle OA RONs, we''ll be able to provide a more competitive ground handling cost quote. We may even be able to win an extra contract or two because of it.
----------------
None of that stuff was considered during the rush to get the new contract worked out.
----------------​
We did think of all of the things that you have mentioned and more. Our estimates for the number of jobs affected are reliable.

----------------​

We have been told by managment at DFW that if the vendor does not get all the RON''s cleaned in a timely manner, then AA can and will pull fsc''s off the line to finnish doing the cleans....That''s 100% BULLSHIT !! We shouldn''t have to work short in the mornings because the vendor can''t get the job done. How''s AA going to hold the vendor accountable?? Change companies every 6 months?? Charge them half price and let the planes fly dirty?? It doesn''t matter what company has the contract, they will rehire the same non-english speaking folks. How many of these kids will be turned away while trying to get a DFW AOA badge. It''s easy to contract out one or two RON''s at a small station, but it just won''t work at a major hub.