Anyone Know The Name Of The Old Theme Music?

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Does anyone know the name of the theme music US used before the Transformation theme? The one with the Andean pipes and flutes... Da Da DA Da Da Da...that one. What is it called and who is it by?

The reason we changed the music was actually one of the only smart moves management ever made. Every time we played the old music we had to pay. Since we didn't own the rights we paid royalties on it. We had the Salt Lake Symphony Orchestra compose/play our new theme in 4-5 different versions. We own it and no one else can use it. It was actually cheaper to do this than keep paying on that old theme.

I'm sure whoever came up with the idea to have the SLC Symphony Orchestra compose and play the new theme is long gone. Those type people get scooped up quickly by innovative type companies.

Actually I'm referring to the Stephen Wolf era tune, not the USAir begins with you.

You can still hear it in the background of the safety vid because they only changed the sound on the beginning. If you go to the Star Alliance website they have footage of the Airbus with the music.

It's much better than the current one, but we were liscensing it, whereas the Transformation funeral dirge belongs to us exclusively.

They mentioned the artist and the title in the US Airways News years ago but I can't find it.

Thank you Light Years.

That music brings back many good memories.I commuted to the west cost for years.When that music came over the PA it was a friendly reminder that I was on my way home to see my daughters after ten to twelve days of double shifts.

There is no doubt in my mind that we provided the best service of any airline during the late 90's and early 2000.I now know how the Pan Am and TWA employees feel when they look back at how things used to be.I only hope I have the feeling of pride I felt for this airline again in my career.

Thanks again.

N617P

I think its called dueling banjo's, its in the movie Deliverance... its about...... well you know, we live it every day.

Heres the performer!! :shock:

Attachments

• banjo.jpg
    banjo.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 56
DR.EVIL said:
I think its called dueling banjo's, its in the movie Deliverance... its about...... well you know, we live it every day.
[post="255060"][/post]​
no,only you who voted it down and then in know the tune.......need any vaseline doc hemorrhoid?? :shock:

delldude said:
no,only you who voted it down and then in know the tune.......need any vaseline doc hemorrhoid?? :shock:
[post="255068"][/post]​

Not I. My votes have only been NO!! ;) But my coworkers and yourself who continued the yes votes are the culprits. You sound like one of the sheeple at usair. :down:

Attachments

• sheeple.jpg
    sheeple.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 69
Light Years said:
Alot of people I know associate that music with good times. For me it brings back memories of a great time in my life.
[post="255080"][/post]​

Me too, LY.