Return Of Audio!

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
(Please delete if already posted)

:) I'm glad to see that audio entertainment will be returning to the Airbus fleet (and 75/76?) on March 1st. I couldnt understand how it saved money to cut it anyway? It really does make a difference in customer experience.

When the new theme music came out, I heard it as boarding music on a transatlantic flight. It was really nice, it set a mood, and added to the "charactar" of US Airways. They have the different versions, perhaps that could be the boarding music? The classic version, the carribbean one, parisian one, and latin american one... they do have it pretty much covered, but perhaps a "dueling banjos" version is in order for Alabama's airline?

Its funny to watch how music affects people. When there was boarding music before, on the Airbii it was just the audio channels... it was always amusing when a F/A decided they'd like to hear the Europop/dance channel rather than the jazz one... I swear people boarded faster.

I also seem to recall some "world" music that sounded like cats screeching that always got a reaction from the customers. Another time the theme from "Eyes Wide Shut" was on there! Very creepy...

Light Years said:
I couldnt understand how it saved money to cut it anyway?
Actually it is costly because the licensing fees must be paid for all the music. No telling what it costs, but you are correct, customers enjoy it and it improves the product.

First there was warm nuts put on the Atlantic......

Now there is inflight audio..............

There seems to be a focus on the customer.

Looks like good news as long as the expense is not too much.

Latest posts

Back