April Predictions

phllax

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
So we all know that Dave is in a race to get out of Ch 11 by the end of the month. We can only speculate as to why. Here''s my pipedream of what will happen in April.
3/31: US completes reorganization.
4/1: UAL CEO calls Siegal and LH CEO to tell them that UAL is preparing to go into Ch 7 by the end of the month.
4/2: US offers to sell the 330''s to BMI, NW or LH for cash. US offers the 767 fleet to UPS for cash. Cash from both sales would be used to purchase UAL assets such as the 777 fleet and newer 767-300''s. UAL offers to sell US it''s LHR slots for some last minute cash. It also sells US it''s dormant MXP route authority.
4/3: US is granted expediated entry into the star alliance.
4/3-4/15: US scurries to find ways to assume most UAL operations at SFO and ORD after shutdown occurs (no Southwest there.) Prepares to take over international services at LAX and MIA and moves to Terminals 6 & 7 at LAX, moves to Star Alliance terminal at MIA.
Explores the idea of assuming UAL''s JFK operations. Explores starting a low-cost carrier from scratch at LAX using the UAL 319 fleet. ACA and SkyWest become US Express carriers.
After UAL Shutdown: US transfers PIT mainline hub flying to ORD, ACA transfers IAD RJ flying to PIT, which becomes a RJ hub. Mesa transfers some East Coast RJ flying to LAX to assist SkyWest. US Immediately picks up some long-range aircraft to maintain Pacific Services.

Wow, I was fooled. Here I thought U was in chapter 11, about to go Ch.7 a few times, according to Msrs. Bronner and Siegel. I though they were in rather cantankerous discussion with the pilot over a retirement fund.

But now, they are once again poised to take over the world. My, my!

Maybe the thought of a shiny 777 will persuade the pilots.

Not saying what has been proposed in impossible, although I have my doubts :), but I would love some of that wacky tobacco.

Uh, now I know why there is drug testing

Aren't all of you US fans embarrassed by this naked speculation??

My god I am sickened by these posters who actually believe US has the balls and smarts to conquer a partner/rival WHEN US CAN'T EVEN GET THEIR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER!!!

Enough already. Or I'll start posting like "NHBB"!!!

xxxooo

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 1:41:08 PM phllax wrote:

...4/1: UAL CEO calls Siegal ...

----------------
[/blockquote]

Oh I get it. It's an April foos joke. LOL

I have a joke too.

There is this bar. A tall guy, a shorter guy, and a lawyer walk into a bar. They sit down and talk about the new opportunities that are afforded to them because of the events of September 11th. They finally agree that they can depart their company with a $35 million bonus and leave the headache to someone else.

How do you like my joke? You ask what the punchline is?

The joke is on you.

[blockquote]
----------------
Zephyr wrote:

[
Oh I get it. It's an April foos joke. LOL

I have a joke too.

There is this bar. A tall guy, a shorter guy, and a lawyer walk into a bar. They sit down and talk about the new opportunities that are afforded to them because of the events of September 11th. They finally agree that they can depart their company with a $35 million bonus and leave the headache to someone else.

How do you like my joke? You ask what the punchline is?

The joke is on you.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Very funny Zephyr!!! (and so true also!)

Hey Zephyr,

On May 12, 1982, Howard Putnam of Braniff placed a call to Col. Frank Borman, CEO of Eastern. Putnam informed Borman that he was shutting down, and Eastern was free to move in. "How long do I have to put planes in the air, Howard? Days?" After a moment of silence, Putnam responded "Sorry, no." Borman gulped as the implications of Putnam's words sank in, then spoke: "Hours?" "Yes, Frank, hours."

I guess you call it professional courtesy.

As I said, this is just my prediction. We can all dream, can't we!

I can't really remember a time when USAir, much less United, operated on such a quick schedule. UAL has been in bankrupcy for 6 months, and they don't even have a solid PLAN yet, and you expect them to just throw in the towel... This scenario might be plausible if stretched somewhere between 4/1/04 and 5/31/05...

Even National Airlines of Las Vegas was in BK court for 3 years before shut down... geesh.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/6/2003 3:08:16 PM funguy2 wrote:

UAL has been in bankrupcy for 6 months, ...
----------------
[/blockquote]
Actually, UAL filed on December 9, 2002, so it's not quite 3 months in Chapter 11 proceedings.