Arbitration Decision FLEX VACATION

Article 8
Seems contractual to Me

(1) The Company will post requests for Flex vacation preference for the following year on Company bulletin boards or other appropriate methods. Flex vacation bidding will commence on November 15th with all bidding completed no later than December 15th.

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
It didn't to the arbitrator.
The arbitrator was bought and paid for by AA management.  The reason given was that US Air did not have Flex Vacation.  It didn't matter to this sorry excuse for a human being that US Air has 5 holidays we don't along with lots of other stuff.  It also looks to me like the TWU didn't try very hard to win this.  I never bought flex vacation but know many that did.  Seems to me that if we are comparing benefits with US Air then we should compare all of them not just the one thing AAers had that US Air didn't.  Of course we'll never know what happened inside the room, but it seems to me that this was winnable.  Just shows how badly the TWU has been representing us.  Remember we pay for this representation.  

Help a "brother" out.  A few explanations please.

Flex vacations?

Prefund match?

Equity shares?

Please remember, I'm from the US side.  Short sentences, small words.  Like your speaking to a ten year old.

Real tired said:
Help a "brother" out.  A few explanations please.

Flex vacations?

An extra week vacation outside of our CBA that we paid for ourselves spread out over the course of the year per check. 

We basically paid ourselves to have an extra week vacation that the company would inform us when we could use.

Prefund match?

We were prefunding for retiree medical when we retired from the company. Again spread out over the life of our careers starting at age 30 till we left. The company also contributed an equal amount that is currently locked in a trust awaiting a decision from the bankruptcy court before it can be released to us. 

The trust is currently being used by active retirees and the company would like to dissolve the trust and no longer contribute to any retiree medical.

Equity shares?

We received shares in the new AA for our losses in bankruptcy. A portion of those shares are currently being held by our Union for any mistakes that may have been made in the distribution to members and also because there is currently an ongoing lawsuit by members who took an early out separation package from the company and believe they were entitled to shares that the Union says they are not because they are not living under the bankruptcy terms. 

Please remember, I'm from the US side.  Short sentences, small words.  Like your speaking to a ten year old.

All three issues are exclusive to AA members before the merger.

What is the next article in our contract that the company will take and the twu will willingly give away