Are Creditors Getting Nervous About Airline Employees?

WingNaPrayer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
Visit site
A friend of mine just told me that his application to re-finance his existing mortgage at a lower rate was turned down by the lender. They cited as their main excuse; job instability (he''s been with AA for 17 years). They said that AA is talking bankruptcy for one, and second, wage concessions that most likely will affect his ability to repay. They suggested he try again in 6-8 months.

Pardon me but that sucks!

----------------
On 3/25/2003 11:27:20 AM WingNaPrayer wrote:

A friend of mine just told me that his application to re-finance his existing mortgage at a lower rate was turned down by the lender.  They cited as their main excuse; job instability (he''s been with AA for 17 years).  They said that AA is talking bankruptcy for one, and second, wage concessions that most likely will affect his ability to repay.  They suggested he try again in 6-8 months.  

Pardon me but that sucks! 

----------------​

Welcome to the real world.

Nice to have you here.

TANSTAAFL

I have been approved for a refinance just recently. It is all about credit score. If your friends credit score is low than he will be denied. A really good score is approaching 700 or above. Now that he has been denied he is entitled to a free credit report.