Asking for orange juice may violate federal law

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Take this with the appropriate grain of salt - it was posted in The Consumerist, after all:

Something went very wrong on American Airlines flight 614 from Sacramento to Dallas this Sunday, December 6th. An American Airlines stewardess having an extremely bad day flipped the frak out on a first class passenger for asking for a glass of OJ and gave him a written warning from the captain for, "threatening, intimidating, or interfering with a crewmember." Here's an eyewitness account:

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/asking-for-...ederal-law.html

Let me never be on a flight with a "Helen."

Take this with the appropriate grain of salt - it was posted in The Consumerist, after all:

Something went very wrong on American Airlines flight 614 from Sacramento to Dallas this Sunday, December 6th. An American Airlines stewardess having an extremely bad day flipped the frak out on a first class passenger for asking for a glass of OJ and gave him a written warning from the captain for, "threatening, intimidating, or interfering with a crewmember." Here's an eyewitness account:

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/asking-for-...ederal-law.html

Let me never be on a flight with a "Helen."

The first error is using the term "stewardess"...lol
I've had some interesting flights in "my day" but I can't imagine this is true.

This is so typical, yes Helen had a bad day, but at every turn the company attempts to turn passengers off, from baggage fees lost baggage, to boarding, form overbookings, to maintenance delays.

Then when the passenger is really fed up, they are told to sit in a uncomfortable chair, strapped in and they are supposed to act like they've landed in some five-star hotel, complete with their own butler, and servants.

The whole thing is a farce, F/C should be eliminated, slightly wider seating throughout all cabins, that's the ticket.

Get rid of all that garbage, duffet, extra pillows for what they just wind up on the floor, video Bose garbage, too much stuff, not enough room.

People want less clutter, simple service, "leave me alone", is what they really want.

Just a simple sandwich, made locally, not some soggy stuff that was made three days earlier, and a choice of drinks, yes OJ too, throughout, ( sell the soda for $2.00 ) , give them a free sandwich. They'll think they're getting a bargain.

Yep... Just another verification that "TECH2021" and I think airlines should adopt the Pan Am Flight Attendant Policy....

This story is not newsworthy except for those airline nerds who love to know every hiccup, burp or fart that happens on an airplane.

Yep... Just another verification that "TECH2021" and I think airlines should adopt the Pan Am Flight Attendant Policy....

Strange you should say that..I was PanAm (before TWA and AA) Age wasn't an issue. Education and multiple languages was.... Flag carrier (along with TWA). As my husband used to say, "these men and women were smart enough to get the job" "don't be jealous".

And I think all maintenance workers should all be smart and look like Ben Affleck.

And I think all maintenance workers should all be smart and look like Ben Affleck.
:lol: None of this surprises me at all. Sounds like yet another bitter, angry f/a who nneds to resign or retire. I can remember flying with a few " Helen's" and believe me they are MISERABLE to work with... even sit on the jumpseat next too. THE REAL problem is that AA mgmt doesn't/WONT fire her ass!!!

roflol Good one, M!

I think this story is a little too incredible. I sincerely doubt that a FA would get the warning letter out AND signed if it was something so stupid.

The personal account was pretty obnoxious as well where he states that 'maybe Helen should get a job slinging burgers' as if that was all FAs were qualified to do.

My guess is the guy was a turd and so were his travelling companions, especially the one who wrote his "account". I smell a lot of free mileage letters in the air.

I worked with one who wanted a passenger removed for using a swear word in her presence, during boarding. One of the sorriest people to have to work with. I just looked up from the cart I was working on and Amen to that, he chuckled and I smiled and it was the end of that and he had a pleasant flight, except from the nasty looks from a certain cranky flight attendant.

I am sure there is some exaggeration, but I have had to work with too many people who go off over nothing, to believe there is not a fair amount of truth to it.

The #1 F/A actually was named Helen, on 614 SMF/DFW on 12/6. She's fairly junior(13600 or so) and was employed in some other position at AMR before bcoming an F/A, according to the employee number. Maybe she should go back to doing whatever it was she did before :)

I hope this Helen is out of there. She has no business serving any one.

Do any of you know her ?
We all have "Helen days" in any type of work we do... Being a F/A you are always on stage and being viewed by the whole cabin. Most careers you are not..... So if you need to "lose it" nobody sees it..
I'm not saying that I defend her and I think she should have been more professional but people do lose it sometimes.
On the flip side..... Yesterday I received a $50 tip from one on my first class passengers...

I thought it was against policy for f/a's to accept tips. If I were you, I would edit your post that a pax gave you a nice personal gift.

This story is not newsworthy except for those airline nerds who love to know every hiccup, burp or fart that happens on an airplane.

I guess this video from WFAA Channel 8, the local ABC affiliate in Dallas/Ft. Worth was for them, then.

Frequent flier fears for future after midair incident

They interview the passenger who ordered the OJ as well as the man seated behind him from one of AA's terminals at DFW.

LoneStarMike