Assigned Seating Question Arrives Yet Again

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Here we go again with the assigned seating question. I say let it alone as it is currently. If someone is so adamant about certain seats then use the early board or priority board "options" and get the very seat you want. Everyone has choices, it is up to them to use those choices as they wish IMO. Maybe SWA could add another option to the list of, "purchase your assigned seat in advance" charge someone/anyone $100 bucks and allow them to board before anyone else and they can pick their very own seat. Reserve this option for say up to 5-10 folks. Make the first person to use the option priced at $129, and lower that price for each position after the first. $119, $109, $99 etc... Most of the business travelers would eat it up I would think.

Keep the Bags Fly Free Southwest. We are the only airline left not to charge for the first two bags and we should keep it that way. A lot of people come to Southwest for that very reason.

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Here we go again with the assigned seating question. I say let it alone as it is currently. If someone is so adamant about certain seats then use the early board or priority board "options" and get the very seat you want. Everyone has choices, it is up to them to use those choices as they wish IMO. Maybe SWA could add another option to the list of, "purchase your assigned seat in advance" charge someone/anyone $100 bucks and allow them to board before anyone else and they can pick their very own seat. Reserve this option for say up to 5-10 folks. Make the first person to use the option priced at $129, and lower that price for each position after the first. $119, $109, $99 etc... Most of the business travelers would eat it up I would think.

Keep the Bags Fly Free Southwest. We are the only airline left not to charge for the first two bags and we should keep it that way. A lot of people come to Southwest for that very reason.

I also hope we don't ever have assigned seating. I've had many Customers over the years tell me that's
one of the reasons they prefer flying SW, that and Bags Fly Free. Let's keep it open seating and as they say
'if it's not broke, don't fix it'. :)

Reactions: swamt
I also hope we don't ever have assigned seating. I've had many Customers over the years tell me that's
one of the reasons they prefer flying SW, that and Bags Fly Free. Let's keep it open seating and as they say
Couldn't agree more with you Sharon. It is most certain we would lose way too many passengers if we did assign seating AND started charging for bags. Even JUST charging for bags would be to costly IMO. Most folks flying us are leisure travelers, college students, or families looking to meet up with other families and just wanna travel at reasonable prices and save all those extra bucks $$$$ going to the other airlines and sometimes with some folks budgets that 30-50-100 bag fee per bag is just too much for them to do a trip with a family of 2-4, and certainly young college folks are always looking for the cheapest way back and forth in their travels.
If SW wants to look at more ways to bring in some more bucks $$$ I have always been a fan of advertising for large companies associated with airlines within our cabins or maybe on our tray tables and back rest. Just have them sign contracts long enough to keep ads going thru maint to get repaired or replaced as needed. Maybe even within the bag bins or on the doors. Just thinking out loud here.
By doing the ads from other large companies, it would generate income for our co. and not nickel and dime our customers or increase their ticket prices...

Hope you are staying warm Sharon. If you are working please stay safe during these wintery mix days we are having.

To all our front line employees, please use the upmost cautions to be as safe as you possibly can if you are able to work during this weather. Our employees and customers safety is always priority ONE period.

Stay safe and warm folks, and thanks for all you guys do...

Hope you are staying warm Sharon. If you are working please stay safe during these wintery mix days we are having.

To all our front line employees, please use the upmost cautions to be as safe as you possibly can if you are able to work during this weather. Our employees and customers safety is always priority ONE period.

Stay safe and warm folks, and thanks for all you guys do...
Thanks swamt.
It is pretty cold but we are staying warm and I hope you guys are too:). I did work
on Thu. and Fri. Not fun sliding into work:). There was lots of ice.
We were busy...lots of flights cancelled, departures and arrivals.
Kudos to the passengers that called into reservations to check the status on their flight
and then rescheduled (rather than driving to the airport). Weather is supposed to be better
next week... no ice. Stay safe and stay warm. Thanks for all that you guys do also.

Thanks swamt.
It is pretty cold but we are staying warm and I hope you guys are too:). I did work
on Thu. and Fri. Not fun sliding into work:). There was lots of ice.
We were busy...lots of flights cancelled, departures and arrivals.
Kudos to the passengers that called into reservations to check the status on their flight
and then rescheduled (rather than driving to the airport). Weather is supposed to be better
next week... no ice. Stay safe and stay warm. Thanks for all that you guys do also.
Well bless you for making it to work and home again safe on that Thur and Fri. I chose to stay home as I live over an hour NE of the airport where the worst of the weather was. We got 1/2" ice first, then approx 1/4-1/3" sleet/rain (winter mix) then we got about 4-6 hours of pretty good snow fall which kept our icy conditions all day thurs and again Fri morn. Didn't leave the house for approx 3 days. I am now ready to get out and about (boredom built in).
I am seeing more folks out on the roads today already, so cabin fever is getting folks out today it looks like. JFYI: took me over 2 hours to get home wed night after staying late due to some late call ins wed eves. Wasn't any ice yet but folks were being over precautious on the roads driving approx 3-45mph on the highways which was fine with me. These Texans tend to get real nervous during these type of weather days, but, better to be safe than sorry for sure.
Looking forward to the warmer week this week, and hopefully that was our winter storm for the year.