ATA Flew 757's...

Don't get a woodie yet.... All 29 aircraft (including the DC10-30s) are showing on the S.365 filing, so they're not transferring anything to the parent company.

ILFC owns the 738's, and they probably have a waiting list of customers where they can place them. The other wildcard is WN. They're not showing up as an unsecured creditor, but I'd be surprised if their codeshare liability didn't put them on the list. Assuming an aircraft lease as settlement isn't out of the question, especially if ILFC already does business with WN.

The 757-200's are all at least 10 to 15 years old. Might be a good idea, or it might be a bunch of hangar queens once AA M&E has a chance to look over them... Looks like Boeing holds the paper on these.

The four 757-300's are oddballs that only a few airlines might be interested in. I don't see AA going with an unsupported small subfleet. They'll probably go to an existing operator (Condor, LTU, NW, CO).

But it would sure be nice for AA to grab a dozen 738's with winglets right now.
I think CO will go after the 753's myself, they actually a while actually were going to do a 1:1 trade with ATA, ATA would have gotten 4 of CO's 737's. With the 738's I doubt ILFC is losing sleep, they can just find a new place for them. I doubt we will see AA get them, but it wouldn't be bad, then they could speed up S80 Retirements. Personally I am a MD-80 fan, but those have to be a accountant's worse nightmare with the fuel. But doesn't AA own most of them, so the lease payments are pretty much nonexistant if I am thinking correctly. Please correct if I am wrong.

Don't get a woodie yet.... All 29 aircraft (including the DC10-30s) are showing on the S.365 filing, so they're not transferring anything to the parent company.

ILFC owns the 738's, and they probably have a waiting list of customers where they can place them. The other wildcard is WN. They're not showing up as an unsecured creditor, but I'd be surprised if their codeshare liability didn't put them on the list. Assuming an aircraft lease as settlement isn't out of the question, especially if ILFC already does business with WN.

The 757-200's are all at least 10 to 15 years old. Might be a good idea, or it might be a bunch of hangar queens once AA M&E has a chance to look over them... Looks like Boeing holds the paper on these.

The four 757-300's are oddballs that only a few airlines might be interested in. I don't see AA going with an unsupported small subfleet. They'll probably go to an existing operator (Condor, LTU, NW, CO).

If I'm not mistaken Continental acquired some of ATA's 757-300 after their first trip through BK. My guess is they would try and get the rest.

Best of luck to all the ATA folks. Sad, second time in a week I have wished luck to the employees at another airline.

I think CO will go after the 753's myself, they actually a while actually were going to do a 1:1 trade with ATA, ATA would have gotten 4 of CO's 737's. With the 738's I doubt ILFC is losing sleep, they can just find a new place for them. I doubt we will see AA get them, but it wouldn't be bad, then they could speed up S80 Retirements. Personally I am a MD-80 fan, but those have to be a accountant's worse nightmare with the fuel. But doesn't AA own most of them, so the lease payments are pretty much nonexistant if I am thinking correctly. Please correct if I am wrong.

AA owns 126 MD-80s and leases the other 174.

I don't think it would be anywhere as easy to get some more 737-800's as the 757-200's. That is a fact.

ATA's 757's are between about 10-15 year which would put them smack dab in the median age of AA's existing 757 fleet (which is ~13 years old). I don't know what shape these planes are in, they could be hanger queens (talk to USAir about some of their old Eastern 757's... ship 232US seems to be a perpetual problem if memory service); but I think American would be phenomenally stupid not to at least take a look at these planes.

AA, CAL, and US are the only US carriers that operate their 757's with RR engines. Continental seems to be more interested in the 753's than the 752's and I doubt Tempe is awake enough to even know that ATA just went under. AA could go to the bargaining table with a pretty strong hand; planes sitting on the ground doesn't do anyone any good.

ATA's 757's are between about 10-15 year which would put them smack dab in the median age of AA's existing 757 fleet (which is ~13 years old). I don't know what shape these planes are in, they could be hanger queens (talk to USAir about some of their old Eastern 757's... ship 232US seems to be a perpetual problem if memory service); but I think American would be phenomenally stupid not to at least take a look at these planes.

NASA acquired an ex-Eastern 757 for testing some years back. After the the shutdown this particular plane went straight to the desert. When NASA started modifying it for their needs they found the sidewall in one of the lavs lined with cocaine.

AA owns 126 MD-80s and leases the other 174.

I don't think it would be anywhere as easy to get some more 737-800's as the 757-200's. That is a fact.

AA, CAL, and US are the only US carriers that operate their 757's with RR engines. Continental seems to be more interested in the 753's than the 752's and I doubt Tempe is awake enough to even know that ATA just went under. AA could go to the bargaining table with a pretty strong hand; planes sitting on the ground doesn't do anyone any good.

AA should grab the 757s' with RR power due to the arrangement with TAESL for servicing the RR power while maintaining control over the MD-80 Fleet that needs to be retired.

AMR gets a pop for engine work through the aquisition while replacing a fleet that is not as efficient with respect to the replacements.

All in all, it continues to make the arguement that the TWU should demand Tranche "A" EETCs' for the 737-800s' coming on line during the '09 time frame against any future CBA between the TWU and AA.

I stand corrected.

Not really. AA technically does lease those planes but they got them for an absolute steal. Bob Crandall could negotiate a paper bag into gold bullion. Haven't you ever wondered by AA had 300 Super 80's (not counting the 30-40 that are already in the desert)?

103 came from TWA.

MK

Ok... I'm tired and obviously can't remember much of anything at the moment. 103 did come from TWA, and American also bought TWA (or what was left of it, please don't get into that debate on this thread) for a song.

Not really. AA technically does lease those planes but they got them for an absolute steal. Bob Crandall could negotiate a paper bag into gold bullion. Haven't you ever wondered by AA had 300 Super 80's (not counting the 30-40 that are already in the desert)?
Thank You for correction. Didn't Crandall boast about raping MCD or was that Carty? I am just trying to learn the industry.

"You can't rape a willing soul" --- Don Carty, when asked if AA raped McDonnell-Douglas...

Latest posts