Atsb Agreement Final Through June 30

a320av8r said:
All of the "legacy" carriers will be in bankruptcy.
We'll leave a light on for you AA ;) .
[post="238887"][/post]​

That may be so but I wouldnt wish that on anyone. Seeing that AA has survived without any govenment loans and hasn't sought protection even once, you may want to turn the light off for now.

The fact of the matter is that other Airlines are starting to get nervous.

If U is able to turn things around, and follow the example of AWA, in which they retool as a viable LCC, it will be a serious threat to the other legacies, who will have a much tougher (ala UAL) time of trying to retool theri own systems to remain competitive.

With the recent ATSB announcement, and the strong probability of the GE and IAM agreements being finalized in a matter of weeks, that should be enough to get us past the thin months until the springtime travel surge.

With a POR before the judge in about a month, we can be well on our way out of BK this summer, leaving behind those carriers still stuck in bankruptcy, and those other carriers struggling to avoid it.

The carriers that would normally move to crush us in our weakened state, are too weak themselves to do so. That leaves SWA and JB, which unlike the legacy form of competition, tends to increase our traffic too. If we have our costs in line, and make a real transoformation, our situation will be much like AWA in PHX (a huge SWA market, yet still profitable for America West).

Food for thought.

I don't know if HP is a good example to follow since analyxts felt that HP had the most to lose when DL changed their fare structure. HP's stock took a big hit that day losing 4-5% on DL's news.

MOD NOTE:pLEASE DON'T QUOTE AN ENTIRE POST IF IT IS LENGTHY. THANKS.

And AA is sooo profitable?
When'd that happen? Last I heard AA is struggling to stay out of bankruptcy.
:blink:

a320av8r said:
And AA is sooo profitable?
When'd that happen? Last I heard AA is struggling to stay out of bankruptcy.
:blink:
[post="238904"][/post]​

Nobody said AA was profitable.

But AA has over $2 billion of unrestricted cash to burn thru before it defaults on its obligations. That's quite a cushion.

The struggle to stay out of bankruptcy was Feb-May 2003. Is that the last you heard? Where ya' been?

See how fast it goes? You and MiAAmi just said $3B, now your down to $2B.
It doesn't take long...
Go back to AA and convince them. :down:

a320av8r said:
It doesn't take long...
[post="238909"][/post]​

That's because default doesn't occur until unrestricted cash reaches $1 billion. :p

AA has over $3 billion of unrestricted cash - but can only burn $2 billion of it.

How's that compare to US? Already in default. For the second time in 3 years. Uh-huh.

Funguy2 & Totobird:

USA320Pilot said: “Bob Owens is an AA mechanic based in New York who will be going through this too, which is probably why he wants to see US Airways "crash and burn", for the good of all airline employees. Pitiful.â€

Funguy2 said: “Well ain't this the "pot calling the kettle black"? This comes from the guy who has championed out-of-seniority furlough and out-sourcing of maintenance fuctions at US Airways to ensure his own job.â€

USA320Pilot comments: When did I champion out of seniority furloughs and outsourcing? It appears you have amnesia, again. In regard to the furlough, my comments were directed at ALPA’s RC4 when they refused to let the membership vote on US Airways’ final proposal before bankruptcy, which was considerably better than the new labor accord. In regard to outsourcing, I continued to post that the IAM needed to negotiate an agreement because more maintenance could have been kept in-house. AT the time it was the A320 issue. There is no employee who wants to see every employee get the best deal possible, but the RC4 and the IAM leadership have hurt the membership by the “just say no†attitude.

Totobird:

Totobird said: “I'm not sure what all this talk is about sub standard living wages. After the Fleet Service concession package passes tomorrow I will be making $17.00 an hour with 4 weeks vacation, medical and dental coverage with an average contribution, 5 paid Holidays and flying benefits. Not to mention the pension contribution. Okay it's not as good as it used to be but heck it's much better than what is available in the marketplace now. And to all you naysayers that say life is better without USAirways........go ahead and leave if it's better for you someplace else. I for one want to be here long enough to retire. GO USAirways.......we can do it !!!!!!!!!!!"

USA320Pilot comments: You’re right, which is why the company’s proposal will pass.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

a320av8r said:
It doesn't take long...
[post="238909"][/post]​

I never said anything about AA's cash. You may want to research before you quote.

FWAAA said:
That's because default doesn't occur until unrestricted cash reaches $1 billion.    :p

AA has over $3 billion of unrestricted cash - but can only burn $2 billion of it. 

How's that compare to US?  Already in default.  For the second time in 3 years.    Uh-huh.
[post="238912"][/post]​

You know fella...or missy,

Right now is not a good time to come over here and run your fat trap..period!! It's bad enough dealing with our own bullsh!t without someone from American, of all places, to come over here and lecture the threads. Who really gives a good GD how much money you have restricted or unrestricted? Bottom line? You ain't makin' a dime, so go on back over on the AA board and help your people figure out how to make some money so your sorry AAss doesn't end up in chAApter 11 yourself. ;) <_<

USA320Pilot said:
Funguy2 said: “Well ain't this the "pot calling the kettle black"? This comes from the guy who has championed out-of-seniority furlough and out-sourcing of maintenance fuctions at US Airways to ensure his own job.â€￾

USA320Pilot comments: When did I champion out of seniority furloughs and outsourcing? It appears you have amnesia, again. In regard to the furlough, my comments were directed at ALPA’s RC4 when they refused to let the membership vote on US Airways’ final proposal before bankruptcy, which was considerably better than the new labor accord. In regard to outsourcing, I continued to post that the IAM needed to negotiate an agreement because more maintenance could have been kept in-house. AT the time it was the A320 issue. There is no employee who wants to see every employee get the best deal possible, but the RC4 and the IAM leadership have hurt the membership by the “just say noâ€￾ attitude.

At the time, you said that out-of-seniority furloughs would occur to support the supposed transformation plan of an all airbus fleet. As it turns out, an all airbus plan and out-of serniority furloughs were not the plan. But when you thought they were, you supported them as part of the transformation plan.

As recently as this week, you continue to antagonize IAM members by suggesting how they should vote on various proposals, and not surprisingly your suggestions are in your self-interest. Since the IAM has been put in a corner by the judge and the company (either vote for our contract or it will be imposed on you), the outcome of the vote presumably doesn't impact you, yet you continue to advise IAM members how to vote.

Furthermore, you have had an agenda of saving your own skin on this bulletin board from the beginning, including several ALPA votes where you essentially supported the position of throwing the more junior ALPA members under the bus.

Maybe these actions were necessary for the company to get through until today. But nobody has supported these positions the way you have (as opposed to reluctantly accepting them as the best of a bad situation). This supports the idea that you have an agenda other than just freely distributing information.

Back