Atsb Comments On Us Airways'

USA320Pilot said:
The LCC/hybrid business plan provides a 4% profit margin and the 150 mainline aircraft fleet plan provides an 8% profit margin. Some creditors are pushing for the 150 aircraft plan, but management desires to go with the larger fleet.

IF US Airways obtains required labor cuts of $950 million, either via consensual accords or imposition, I suspect cash flow would permit keeping all or most of the 282 mainline jets.

Then I expect new Airbus, Canadair, and Embraer aircraft orders to build the fleet.
[post="190599"][/post]​

"Flight 282, Now Departing to Fantasy Land...."

Get real. From what I've seen, the current assumptions aren't based on realistic projections of where fuel is today and will be for the forseeable future...

So many lessors have been burned twice within two years by US, that I think the bigger problem facing you will be finding 150 aircraft at affordable rates...

In many cases, the current rates are way too high, and lessors willing to risk being burned a third time aren't exactly jumping up and down to lower their rates.

US is about to return to its roots as a large regional carrier. That's not so bad -- it works for Alaska, Hawaiian, Aloha, and to some degree, Midwest and Frontier.

cavalier said:
Like the other guy who does the same thing...just pissing people off for fun...call me nuts call me anything I no longer care because I am no longer there...how’s that for rhyming...air man.... I agree with 'most" of your posts, you think like a gop man, but some are off the wall..... I like off the wall, it matches U in every aspect.
[post="190534"][/post]​

Cav, your starting to repeat yourself quite often. We know (think) you left, so no need to continue the "I'm not there, so I don't care" speech. Just post your opinion and keep the 513 comments to yourelf.
Please?