Us Plan To Ask Court For Pay Cuts

700UW said:
NFS,

Call the EAS, you need it.

And according to Sharon Levine, esquire, self-help is an option once a contract is abrogated and the Bankruptcy Judge does not have jurisdiction to prevent self-help.
PS. I am honored that NFS and Cav, worry so much about me and can give medical diagnosis over the internet and you two keep hijacking threads and taking off topic. Guess you two have nothing better to do.
[post="182082"][/post]​

Perhaps you should ask for further clarification from S. Levine, Esq. as what applicable case law she is referring to. The issue of self-help has not been definitively addressed within the federal judicial system. As per the AFA's bankruptcy Q and A:

Q. Would we have the right to strike if the Company implements changes to our labor contract?

A. Outside the bankruptcy context the union would have the right to strike pursuant to the Railway Labor Act if the Company made unilateral changes to the collective bargaining agreement. While some people have expressed a theory that such a right to strike might apply to changes made through the bankruptcy process, that issue has not been settled by the courts.

Best,
BT

700UW said:
NFS,

Call the EAS, you need it.

And according to Sharon Levine, esquire, self-help is an option once a contract is abrogated and the Bankruptcy Judge does not have jurisdiction to prevent self-help.
PS. I am honored that NFS and Cav, worry so much about me and can give medical diagnosis over the internet and you two keep hijacking threads and taking off topic. Guess you two have nothing better to do.
[post="182082"][/post]​
Talk about nothing to do 700UW. You sir spend day and night on here and when you are thrown off you go into a flipping panic trying all kinds of new screen names on for size trying desperately to get back on.

My situation requires I spend tons at time at home taking care of the welfare of a loved one, so what in the hell is your sorry excuse other than what we both stated!

Drop it 700UW before it's too damn late and you said too damn much to live with.

You are part of the boards, yes, but you are not the sole thinker so get real.

You present good information at times just leave out your twisted slanted commentaries and you will not hear for me.

If you keep up your crap with me, you will answer for it.

Now now,

Dont get your rug in a tizzy. You got banned before for making threats, and it seems you did not learn. I am not scared of you.

What are you all arguing about...? The whole "self-help" notion is Kinda funny.

Let me get this strait, you think the Unions, our unions,. are going to strike...? Knowing that such a strike will not ground Airways, it will end Airways.

Uhh, what unions do you guys belong to...? :blink:

The ones on this property are more concerned with maintaining dues revenue, rather than shooting themselves in the foot by closing the doors.

I understand that "Self-Help" is a neat sounding theory, and that it gives some of you a feeling of empowerment. IMO that NONE of the unions would strike, they have too much to lose in doing so. (despite what some of the membership might desire).

I learned a long time ago, that unions are as much of a business as the company is. Do not fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

700UW said:
Now now,

Dont get your rug in a tizzy. You got banned before for making threats, and it seems you did not learn. I am not scared of you.
[post="182089"][/post]​
Fear or no fear don't mess with me, and that is NO threat Mr IAM.

Now as Todd said, back to the topic at hand....

My understanding is, the 1113(e) is temporary relief, and a judge can order no strikes.

At, some point, the company will ask to make the relief permanent, via 1113©.

Once that relief is granted, contracts are abrogated, and self-help is an option.

If no self help is ultimately available, why would any company ever negotiate in good faith?

U is gambling they can game the 1113 section, and become the new Lorenzo. Perhaps they can, and there will be rejoicing in the halls of Harvard Business School, and the Oval Office.

Then again, perhaps they can't. Mainline employees are toast - what kind of world do you want to live in? One where the greedheads act at will?

Sooner or later, it will come to that.

diogenes said:
My understanding is, the 1113(e) is temporary relief, and a judge can order no strikes.

At, some point, the company will ask to make the relief permanent, via 1113©.

Once that relief is granted, contracts are abrogated, and self-help is an option.

If no self help is ultimately available, why would any company ever negotiate in good faith?

U is gambling they can game the 1113 section, and become the new Lorenzo. Perhaps they can, and there will be rejoicing in the halls of Harvard Business School, and the Oval Office.

Then again, perhaps they can't. Mainline employees are toast - what kind of world do you want to live in? One where the greedheads act at will?

Sooner or later, it will come to that.
[post="182139"][/post]​

So this is a game of wills where the weak lose? Or is this a game of keeps where everyone loses?

Self help will not work when current employees and scabs will take up the slack and they surely will because of a thing called self preservation, why, because the laws have done nothing but soften the unions ball peen hammer and strengthen corporate America’s sledge hammer.

In today’s world self help equals self destruction, exactly what corporate America ordered.

Unions do more for their top leaders bank accounts then they can ever do for their membership. Am I wrong? Then explain why a former IAM big shot who living not too far from me will not be affected by the possible pension and medical benefit cuts that his former membership surely will. It’s a mirror image of corporate America just on a smaller scale.

Then explain why a former IAM big shot who living not too far from me will not be affected by the possible pension and medical benefit cuts that his former membership surely will.
some of what you say has to do if the "bigshot" left the local and went with the district or the international.
if he did i believe he picks up the bennies from who he is with.
if he stays in the local level...i believe he must be retired for 5 or more years to not have his retirement touched....and as far as the med's go ...i think the company can mess with that.

ClueByFour:

ClueByFour said: “According to any number of legal experts (including a very detailed analysis of S1113 law that was linked to on this very forum last week) your understanding is incorrect.â€￾

USA320Pilot comments: That’s not what ALPA’s legal advisors have said, but I guess as on an outsider with no legal background you know better.

What I find interesting is that union leadership actions could create deeper cuts imposed on the rank-and-file than were necessary, which is something ALPA’s financial advisors, professional negotiators, legal advisors, and economists from E&FA have also said.

Respectfully,

USA320pilot

Hey cuts suck,

But what I want to know if being in BK lessens the opportunity to negotiate returns as compensation for the cuts now...