ATSB guarantee...never a doubt.

There you go PITbull, That's the attitude. I am glad you have started thinking about a plan.

I think the industry would be different if Southwest, Airtran, and Jetblue were flying people around in DC-3's. Although, when a customer gets a new 737-700, A320, and 717 with them and often more features, what's the point of high cost airlines if the low cost offers the same thing or better?

If you can bring the high cost carriers down near the low cost, the benefits of offering a better route structure, international destinations, FF program, and alliance partners makes flying your airline more attractive and keeps you working. But are those benefits worth the customer paying twice or triple over the low cost airline? The customers have already spoken, and now unfortunately for employees so now is management.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/12/2003 7:19:03 PM PITbull wrote:

And if passengers have the slightest inclination that concessions won't touch them because of competition, then they know nothing about "supply and demand" with the downsizing to profitability concept by shrinking capacity. There is a means to this madness.
----------------
[/blockquote]

*snicker*

Tell it to the existing LCCs. I'll gladly pay LUV $299 or less one way anytime they want. Tell me again how any of the majors think they will have pricing power, again?

The gravy train has _left the station_. It only took 20+ years post-deregulation, but the market and post 9/11 conditions are going to force the cartel carriers to start acting like real corporations wanting to make real money, not a quasi-cartel who exists primarily for the enrichment of their own management and union labor.

Unless you are LUV. Who has managed to survive with reasonably low costs _and_ enrich both management and labor.... Hmm.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/12/2003 10:40:01 PM ClueByFour wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/12/2003 7:19:03 PM PITbull wrote:

And if passengers have the slightest inclination that concessions won't touch them because of competition, then they know nothing about "supply and demand" with the downsizing to profitability concept by shrinking capacity. There is a means to this madness.
----------------
[/blockquote]

*snicker*

Tell it to the existing LCCs. I'll gladly pay LUV $299 or less one way anytime they want. Tell me again how any of the majors think they will have pricing power, again?

The gravy train has _left the station_. It only took 20+ years post-deregulation, but the market and post 9/11 conditions are going to force the cartel carriers to start acting like real corporations wanting to make real money, not a quasi-cartel who exists primarily for the enrichment of their own management and union labor.

Unless you are LUV. Who has managed to survive with reasonably low costs _and_ enrich both management and labor.... Hmm.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Clue for you,

The "plan" that was implemented for U, will "snowball" and permeate into other airlines as well as other industries that have unions. Union busting is mega billion dollar industry. It's a new "hitch" for corporate America; captilism at its finest being presented in true form; TAKE FROM THE LESS ADVANTAGED TO GIVE TO THE RICH TO MAKE THEM EVEN RICHER!

The present environment is ripe for "raiding contracts".Investors diving out of the stock market,depressed economy, Republican Congress, threat of war, threat of liquidation, and the "in thing" in America.... BANKRUPTCY! These Corporations will profit by screwing creditors, vendors, invstors (stock holders), labor, customers; I don't care what business or industry you're in. YOU WILL NOT BE AMUNED, my friend as this will not be isolated to only the airline industry.

Ps. FYI. LUV is NOT a "low cost carrier". They are a "low fare carrier". They have a sustaining business model,i.e. one type fleet, no frills, over utilization of planes and gates, management that respects their employees and have reasonable, generous profit sharing incentive etc. As far as labor cost, their f/as for instance are higher paid than our top-out f/a by approx $8 more hourly presently. They were higher in pay even before the U concessions.