ATTN: Ticketing Agent PROS (Sabre)

PBI2FLL

Senior
Jul 5, 2005
:angry: Are you frustrated will all the reissue errors turning up recently? I can't tell you how many ticketing screw ups I'm fixing on a daily basis...it's out of friggin' control! Is there any accountability anymore for these careless errors? Not all of the errors are from Manila or Mexico either. I'll bet this is costing the company a great deal in uncollected revenue and in some cases we are over charging the customer. This is not good, folks!

Sabre might be going away in 6 months or so, but we still need to be trained properly on how to perform our job funtions correctly in order to provide good and consistent customer service.

but we still need to be trained properly on how to perform our job funtions correctly in order to provide good and consistent customer service.

Last several agents hired were sent to a 1 week or 2 week in station class. Didnt learn much, just the basics and many cant even do that now. We've been training them on the job since Nov. Problem is, a lot of us are too busy taking care of other issues to actually stop and help them get their deals done. Its either, just do it for them if really complicated, or give them the entry and hope they do it right and ask questions later.
Training (to be proficient) doesnt seem to be a big priority anymore. Training to get a body on the floor does. :down:

Training (to be proficient) doesnt seem to be a big priority anymore. Training to get a body on the floor does. :down:

Who needs training or SABRE pros* anymore...that's why the company bought all those kiosks!

Sadly, I think that you are right that training and proficiency are not as important to the company as they once were. (Or it seems that way).

(I like to think that I am one.)

Who needs training or SABRE pros* anymore...that's why the company bought all those kiosks!

As you probably know, the kiosks do not do paper tickers. (No idea how I wound up with a paper ticket.. bought it thru the USAirways web site,) When asked for help at the USAir/East counter in San Diego yesterday, the lady said "If the kiosk can not, why do you think I know?" She eventually got me a boarding pass, later I asked a gate agent to print me the ticket to put with the boarding pass.

Sadly, I think that you are right that training and proficiency are not as important to the company as they once were. (Or it seems that way).
(I like to think that I am one.)
wrong. They are sending agts for 3 wks of sabre training in clt whether they are new or furloughed for over 1 year. Even though they are supposed to go to quick within (supposedly) 6 months

Last several agents hired were sent to a 1 week or 2 week in station class. Didnt learn much, just the basics and many cant even do that now. We've been training them on the job since Nov. Problem is, a lot of us are too busy taking care of other issues to actually stop and help them get their deals done. Its either, just do it for them if really complicated, or give them the entry and hope they do it right and ask questions later.
Welcome to the HP way of doing things.

wrong. They are sending agts for 3 wks of sabre training in clt whether they are new or furloughed for over 1 year. Even though they are supposed to go to quick within (supposedly) 6 months

Some would question whether three weeks of new hire training is sufficient. (It used to be four weeks.) By way of camparison, I understand that Air Wiskey training on Fastair (A Qik type overlay of native Apollo) for new hires at IAD* is five weeks. And learning Fastair is easier than learning "native" Apollo or SABRE.

*ZW ground handles UA Express at IAD.

But there is more to training and its role in corporate culture then the length of a new hire class. I think that is what the OP was saying. From my perspective, it also seems that there is less emphasis on proficiency and job knowledge than there one was in customer services.

At one time trng was 6 weeks in the Berg.
4 weeks tkt counter and 2 weeks gates.

Our new hire(drunk), from what I hear in the am, works counter, while other agents have stacks of auditors, she hs 1 or 2 on her shift.
Drunk,must be issuing paper and send psgers on their happy merri way. :down:

We also need new hires that CARE and take the initiative to learn the functions instead of calling someone else over to do their job for every basic reissue that isn't anything out of the ordinary, which makes me wonder what exactly are they teaching people in these classes, because they clearly are not ready for real world scenarios.