AWA ALPA Press Release

But those same USAirways F/O's would never have been afforded the opportunity to upgrade to captain before the merger. That is the career expectation they brought to the table. So where is the damage to their career? Certainly you can't suggest that the damage is a result of this award, can you? What is your answer to this??? :huh:

They were going to retire as F/O's anyway. The award did not change anything. And as for all the alleged attrition on the east side... No one as of yet has addressed the fact that much of that attrition is from the F/O seat. This means that there are far fewer Captain slots being vacated than is being implied by the east. Response??? :huh:

There goes that old "career expectation" nonsense again. Every USAirways East Pilot's career expectation was to be an A330 International Captain prior to retirement.

How can you be so sure the USAirways F/O's would retire in the right seat. Your crystal ball has a degree of accuracy of? Response???:huh

You will be singing a different tune when the next consolidation brings the ALPA Merger Policy home to your airline where it was conceived. Especially if an HP Pilot that is an 8 year Captain now becomes senior to you and gets your 747/777 Captain bid before you do.

The entire house of cards is built on "what if's." Check this out:

http://www.avrecords.com/aaa

The childish association you made with terrorists is just a bit too "Cute" little greenie...before you run your mouth off about the middle east..kindly recall that a goodly number of "Easties" have that place well marked with "been there" pins, and some don't much consider childish BS pertaining to it as being very "funny".

Keep up the fabulous PR work for the AWA side....you're winning converts out here in droves.

Yeah...you have so far 500 dues check off cancellations. If that number is representative of those who would vote for new representation, then you likely have a long way to go. But I'll do my best to help you attain that which you seek.

As for Hamas - just calling a spade a spade. The only difference here is that one hasn't evolved to the point where the other is. When reason and logic fail, I guess in your book it's ok to resort to something more primative - burning down a third party employer just because an arbitrator and two neutrals didn't accede to all your demands. You're right, that doesn't sound anything close to what's happening on the other side of the world.

Yeah...you have so far 500 dues check off cancellations. If that number is representative of those who would vote for new representation, then you likely have a long way to go. But I'll do my best to help you attain that which you seek.

Thanks Aqua, you are helping right now!! Every East pilot must assure they remain dues current in order to participate in any contract votes. Many would rather continue the payroll deduction rather than pay it themselves.

We need as many pilots like you as we can get to come on these boards and post. Again..thanks for the help.

Greeter.

Thanks Aqua, you are helping right now!! Every East pilot must assure they remain dues current in order to participate in any conract votes. Many would rather continue the payroll deduction rather than pay it themselves.

We need as many pilots like you as we can get to come on these boards and post. Again..thanks for the help.

Greeter.

Glad to be of assistance. And I know the vast majority of ALPA pilots appreciate it too.

Gotta a question, though. If East pulls out before the list is combined, then what is to prevent ALPA from not presenting the list and keeping the AWA MEC? Would the new East CB Agent then sue to force the integration? Would the new East CB agent sue if Parker then took the opportunity to walk all over a vulnerable and isolated East? Believe me, I'm not trying to FUD the East away from going it alone because at this point there is no doubt every union pilot would be better off without AAA. But I am curious to see if any of the hotheads (think of the earlier comparison) have dared to think this through.

Separate assets from the human capital and you have your answer.

The "human capital" of the East, not just the pilots, is what kept the bubble from bursting through 2 BK's.

It's what kept USAirways alive so that Lakefield and Parker could complete "The Immaculate Transaction."

By the way, do you ever fly? It seems like you can be found on this board day and night with your clever posts and rebuttals. Just wondered if you ever work.

What? Not name calling. If his name is on the list then none of his opinions matter here. If not, then my asking shouldn't matter.
Obviously you don't have a logical, rational response to either of my questions. So it's safe to say that my premise is correct, and strikes a nerve with you because it illustrates the inconsistencies of your argument.

You are right about one thing. You asking a stupid question really doesn't matter, because I am quite indifferent to your opinions. I was only interested in facts, of which you seem to have none. For the record, I wear an ALPA pin, I was in good standing at TWA as I am now at UA, have no interest in decertifying ALPA, and am actively involved in my local LEC. (Proudly held a picket sign at LGA 2 weeks ago.)

By the way, your name might very well end up in a scab book from the sound of it. Aren't you one of the many East pilots who claim you would not honor an AWA strike if they enter section 6 and end up exercising their right to do so? Didn't you claim to not support them and would fly their struck work? What do you think about the other east pilots who said the same thing? Perhaps your opinions shouldn't matter either since you all admitted that you would scab given the chance. :down:

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

For the record, I wear an ALPA pin, I was in good standing at TWA as I am now at UA, have no interest in decertifying ALPA, and am actively involved in my local LEC. (

Kind of you to clarify your personal agenda = Alpo wannabe-big-time politician. :shock:

"and am actively involved in my local LEC." certainly explains your immense amount of free time to hang around other airlines' threads whilst others actually work.

There goes that old "career expectation" nonsense again.
Hmmmm... Nonsense? I guess this explains your befuddlement about the award results. You seem to think a written policy that the union you belong to requires, is nonsense.

No wonder you're confused! :rolleyes:

Every USAirways East Pilot's career expectation was to be an A330 International Captain prior to retirement.

Really? So you're trying to say that the the guys who are now on furlough and reaching age 60, and retiring while on furlough, were expecting to retire as A330 captains at the time this merger was announced? :huh: I think even a casual observer can dismiss this as an unreasonable expectation, let alone an experienced arbitrator and 2 neutrals. These ideas of yours are not based on anything even closely resembling reality.

What about the most junior 737 F/O's on reserve who have a year or two before retiring? How many of them are on your list? Will they ever see the left seat of the 330? Will they even see the left seat of the 320? Did something drastically change from the day before the merger was announced that makes their current situation so different to the previous one? :huh: Response???

As for Hamas - just calling a spade a spade. The only difference here is that one hasn't evolved to the point where the other is. When reason and logic fail, I guess in your book it's ok to resort to something more primative - burning down a third party employer just because an arbitrator and two neutrals didn't accede to all your demands. You're right, that doesn't sound anything close to what's happening on the other side of the world.

Actually..."that doesn't sound anything close to what's happening on the other side of the world." Making such a comparison's likely possible within the mind of a ten year old child though. There's actual killing/death/misery/etc going on over there. Believe it or not: You aren't the center of the universe, nor is this local labor unrest any world-ending issue.

"Glad to be of assistance. And I know the vast majority of ALPA pilots appreciate it too." Uh oh...there's the old "I know the vast majority..." BS again. See above reference as per you not actually being the center of all Creation.

"because at this point there is no doubt every union pilot would be better off without AAA." Funny = didn't realize that you spoke for all of Alpo. You do afford a glimpse into the minds of those who've zero respect, nor the slightest concern for Alpa members who've endured for decades...paying their dues all the while. You're one fine representative reason for wishing nothing further to do with this Alpo nightmare.

"there is no doubt" that you mix and imbibe your own unique brand of Koolaide in gross quantities sir.

Huh? Say what? Perhaps you need to go back and read the arbitration hearing transcript. You can start with both sides opening statements, which are not evidence but still contain information, and then go read the testimony of Robert Mann.

Here's some of what you will find. US was within 25 days of being completely out of cash. GE's leasing division was grabbing planes back and, if I recall, the credit card transaction contract was being terminated.

There is a reason East did not have an economic expert at the arbitartion. It probably had to do with not being able to withstand any form of cross-examination.

I have and a grander fiction than I have ever seen. BTW, such reports you reference hardly constitute real history. It is posted as "justification" for a ruling and in no way constitutes reality.

US out of cash? Not by news reports, Edger or financial reports, but you just go ahead in believe in your fantasies.

The credit card transaction contract was never in danger of being terminated. Any public comments were a part of negotiations, get it?

US did not have an economic "expert"? Like AWA did? Thanks for that information, yet another reason to have the "award" invalidated.

Kind of you to clarify your personal agenda = Alpo wannabe-big-time politician. :shock:
I'm starting to see a pattern with you. You seem to make incredibly large leaps to come to your conclusions, forgoing the process of information gathering before making assumptions. Apparently this pattern is not serving you very well.

While I am quite flattered by your interest in my personal agenda, maybe you should take a few steps back before writing me in as Prater's successor. By "actively involved" I meant showing up at meetings, voting when asked, helping out at picketing events, and occasionally voicing an opinion or calling a spade a spade. These are the responsibility of all union members, as it is an organization of volunteers. How many union meetings have you attended in your 'many years' at USAir? Let me guess... You're the type who pi$$es and moans about your poor and self and crumby union, but never actually gets involved or can find the time to attend a meeting. Am I right?

Latest posts

Back