Awa Csa's To Join Teamsters

Sometimes Unions are good and sometimes they are bad. It depends on your point of view. I think there will be definite changes with AWA and customer service due to the unions, and not all for the good. Just my thoughts..........

Columbia blue said:
After years of trying, looks like the teamsters are finally in.
http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040817/airlines_americawest_3.html
[post="169967"][/post]​

While not everything about unions is great, I hope that HPs agents will be able to gain better pay. There is, of course, one problem. To what carrier's payscale will Mssrs Lakefield and Bronner shoot for now over at UAIR!

Congratulations to the CSA'a at AWA for becoming UNIFIED! This is great for your work rules, pay, retirement and most of all seniority protection!

AA191...No, they didn't take a paycut to pay union dues. They have not even started negotiations for a contract. I'm willing to bet the pay will be increased from their current levels. They still will be ahead and now with a VOICE and a CONTRACT!

AA191 said:
So you took a pay cut to pay union dues????
[post="170132"][/post]​

I love it when people say this. I dont know how many times I've heard that at US. Why am I paying dues, I'm losing money. Well think about it. With the companys current offer of $13.10/hr if you werent paying your measely union dues, does anyone think the pay scale wouldnt have already been changed? I'd say the measely union dues are worth that security for not dropping $7/hr for now alone. :up:
I'm sure that the teamsters arent going to come and negotiate $13.10/hr for HP agents either. I'm sure that the new scale will more than cover the cost of their union dues.

Well lets wait and see about the dues. But if Teamsters are going to charge $50.00 a month in union dues and you make $10 bucks an hour. You will spend 5 hours a month working for the Teamsters before you get to start earning your own revenue - sounds like a bad trade off to me. But the democrats probably like it.

AA191 said:
Well lets wait and see about the dues. But if Teamsters are going to charge $50.00 a month in union dues
[post="172428"][/post]​

The Teamsters are not going to charge them $50.00 a month for dues. I'm shocked that a union member like yourself is bagging on them for becoming UNIFIED!