Awesome "Live Webinar" Notification

Can the video be linked to here? If so, could some one post it for Anomaly and his supporters. He always wants posted links to refer to. Now he can view the video and get most all his questions aswered.
That was indeed a very full one hour video. I completely forgot about the teamsters agreeing to the 2 big lines of maint at Horizon, as well to signing an agreement to not talk about it. Great video guys, great job...

We are working on taking the unintended advertisements out of it that came from Ustream and then we will have the link to the clean cut.

Care to cut and paste this stronger language? Or the language that allows the company to violate the contract because it was agreed to once? Also I see nothing that explicitly implies 4 lines to only 1 foreign vendor? I offer proof through outside links and direct contract quotes so readers can research the information themselves. Your credibility here is falling to as low as swamt.
Ok I found that I can't copy and paste from our contract because it is a secured PDF and I really don't want to waste my time figuring out how.

But I will give you the page numbers.

First, on the paragraphs you posted:

From your TEAMSTER 2001 to 2005 agreement;
Article 2 - IBT
5. The Company shall not, directly or through an affiliate, own or acquire a controlling interest in any new repair station, or in any other entity, except for an air carrier, which repairs or maintains aircraft within the United States, unless Employees covered by this Agreement perform the entity’s repair or maintenance work.

6. Work that is customarily performed by Mechanics on the Southwest Airlines Co. System Seniority List within the United States, its territories or possessions shall not be moved to an international location without the Union’s consent.

Number 5 does not apply to El Salvador because we didn't buy Aeroman and that language is still there in our contract, same section para 7 now.

We replaced para 6 with LOA #1 to protect us, limit them and add language with headcount minimums.
Para 6 did not and would not stop SWA from moving the already contracted out work, anywhere they wanted. Including as much as they want to any number of foreign repair stations. The company did not try to outsource our work, only work already contracted out. With this IBT language they said they were going to do it all they wanted.

We negotiated LOA#1 which limits them to only 4 lines to only 1 vendor.
All on pages 86-88 in our current contract.
All of that LOA are limits to SWA and protections to AMFA mechanics that the one paragraph the teamsters gave us could not do at all.

Finally on page 86 para 1. b. states only 4 lines only and para. 1.c. clearly states they can move them but can have only one international vendor at a time.

I will keep my credibility and you still have ZERO credibility until you show what we gave away in the 2004 extension that resulted in "ZERO improvements" to us.

Waiting......
Still waiting.....

Ok I found that I can't copy and paste from our contract because it is a secured PDF and I really don't want to waste my time figuring out how.

But I will give you the page numbers.

First, on the paragraphs you posted:

From your TEAMSTER 2001 to 2005 agreement;
Article 2 - IBT
5. The Company shall not, directly or through an affiliate, own or acquire a controlling interest in any new repair station, or in any other entity, except for an air carrier, which repairs or maintains aircraft within the United States, unless Employees covered by this Agreement perform the entity's repair or maintenance work.

6. Work that is customarily performed by Mechanics on the Southwest Airlines Co. System Seniority List within the United States, its territories or possessions shall not be moved to an international location without the Union's consent.

Number 5 does not apply to El Salvador because we didn't buy Aeroman and that language is still there in our contract, same section para 7 now.

We replaced para 6 with LOA #1 to protect us, limit them and add language with headcount minimums.
Para 6 did not and would not stop SWA from moving the already contracted out work, anywhere they wanted. Including as much as they want to any number of foreign repair stations. The company did not try to outsource our work, only work already contracted out. With this IBT language they said they were going to do it all they wanted.

We negotiated LOA#1 which limits them to only 4 lines to only 1 vendor.
All on pages 86-88 in our current contract.
All of that LOA are limits to SWA and protections to AMFA mechanics that the one paragraph the teamsters gave us could not do at all.

Finally on page 86 para 1. b. states only 4 lines only and para. 1.c. clearly states they can move them but can have only one international vendor at a time.

I will keep my credibility and you still have ZERO credibility until you show what we gave away in the 2004 extension that resulted in "ZERO improvements" to us.

Waiting......
Still waiting.....

Here, let me help you out.....again.

IBT Language to SWA agreement;
6. Work that is customarily performed by Mechanics on the Southwest Airlines Co. System Seniority List within the United States, its territories or possessions shall not be moved to an international location without the Union’s consent.

Was given up for

AMFA modified Language to SWA agreement;
6. All Y checks, all MSG-3 work, and all work currently designated as intermediate maintenance, including, but not limited to, C Checks, CVs, and HRON, is recognized as coming within the jurisdiction of the Union and shall be performed by Employees subject to this Agreement unless otherwise provided in this Article, regardless of whatever designation, name, or interval is applied to such work in the future.

a. The Company may schedule, on an event by event basis, any lower level maintenance requirement as part of a Y check visit or any other line of maintenance under the following limited circumstances:

1) A maintenance task, structural inspection, inspection, modification or Airworthiness Directive including a half C may be scheduled into a “Y” check or other line of maintenance if; a) it is due during the maintenance visit; or

B) it requires more than ten hours of elapsed aircraft down time to accomplish or complete corrective action.

Deferred Maintenance Items may be cleared if the area is accessed or inspected.

2) Any C check item, up to but not including a ½ C Check, or MEL/CDL that is due during or within 15 days of an aircrafts’
planned return to service may be scheduled into the “Y” check or other line of maintenance.

Tell me where this language is better? In my experience the more wordy the agreement, the more holes there are for the company to go through.

We are working on taking the unintended advertisements out of it that came from Ustream and then we will have the link to the clean cut.

While your at it, a long time ago you promised to provide some specifics of the Hoffa crossing the NWA picket lines. Do you have those yet?

Here is a video of the campaign at UAL where Hoffa is specifically questioned about the ibt flying on NWA(4 min mark). If its not clear enough in his reaction that he is lying, just check the ibt LM-2 reports for the strike period. As the reporter states in his question, its to the tune of "hundreds of thousands".

Also worthy of note in the video is a CAL mechanics take on the ibts dog and pony show at UAL(7 min mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij_Ao-_9jV4

Here, let me help you out.....again.

Was given up for

AMFA modified Language to SWA agreement;
6. All Y checks, all MSG-3 work, and all work currently designated as intermediate maintenance, including, but not limited to, C Checks, CVs, and HRON, is recognized as coming within the jurisdiction of the Union and shall be performed by Employees subject to this Agreement unless otherwise provided in this Article, regardless of whatever designation, name, or interval is applied to such work in the future.

a. The Company may schedule, on an event by event basis, any lower level maintenance requirement as part of a Y check visit or any other line of maintenance under the following limited circumstances:

1) A maintenance task, structural inspection, inspection, modification or Airworthiness Directive including a half C may be scheduled into a “Y” check or other line of maintenance if; a) it is due during the maintenance visit; or

B) it requires more than ten hours of elapsed aircraft down time to accomplish or complete corrective action.

Deferred Maintenance Items may be cleared if the area is accessed or inspected.

2) Any C check item, up to but not including a ½ C Check, or MEL/CDL that is due during or within 15 days of an aircrafts’
planned return to service may be scheduled into the “Y” check or other line of maintenance.

Tell me where this language is better? In my experience the more wordy the agreement, the more holes there are for the company to go through.
Let me enlighten you a little then.

This highlighted line allowed SWA to send work to Canada without our consent and the IBT could not stop them even if they had tried.

Any new mods or new work could go international.
I told you they reworked our whole maintenance program.
They renamed and reclassified all of our checks. Therefore they could say these new type checks have never been customarily performed by Mechanics on the Southwest Airlines Co. System Seniority List.
That IBT language was the hole that SWA drove a truck through.

Now the reason that we added the language that you have listed is simple.
It lists all the new classification of work and states that it is our work, also that if they try to rename these checks again then it is still our work.

The IBT's simple language opened loopholes.
Our language closed them.

You might like vague language that can be used against you.
We do not.
We have spent a lot of time plugging holes that the IBT left in that contract.
Many, many grievances have been fought at system board hearings over the years since we sent the IBT packing. These hearing have provided us with letters of understanding to try and clear up the all the vague language left by the IBT.

In our experience the more vague the agreement, the more holes there are for the company to go through. And they will try.

That is why this language is better.

Now that I have answered that, I am sure you are ready to explain what we gave up in our 2004 extension that you claim gave us "ZERO improvements".

Still waiting...........

All their packages above the "Free Starter" claim to be "Ad Free". Pretty sad you couldn't get $499 for an Organizer budget for the Standard, AD FREE, 4000 viewer hours on the monthly plan and then you could have canceled before the next billing cycle by : Under your next billing date, click the "Cancel Subscription" button.

Just my opinion but it may have appeared a bit more professionally orchestrated instead of ragtagish, $0 budget, infomercial type scenario.

All their packages above the "Free Starter" claim to be "Ad Free". Pretty sad you couldn't get $499 for an Organizer budget for the Standard, AD FREE, 4000 viewer hours on the monthly plan and then you could have canceled before the next billing cycle by : Under your next billing date, click the "Cancel Subscription" button.

Just my opinion but it may have appeared a bit more professionally orchestrated instead of ragtagish, $0 budget, infomercial type scenario.

There was a misunderstanding regarding the advertisements and how they would appear and sound.
Face the facts, it could have cost a million dollars, been perfectly presented, and you being the CHRONIC COMPLAINER, you would have done your thing anyways.

Here is the video without advertisements

There was a misunderstanding regarding the advertisements and how they would appear and sound.
Face the facts, it could have cost a million dollars, been perfectly presented, and you being the CHRONIC COMPLAINER, you would have done your thing anyways.

Nah I never take the time to read how to improve on the Professional well put together stuff. Nothing personal, I kind of feel sorry for you in a way with lack of support you get with something you seem so passionate about until your defensive lack of personality surfaces.

I was just making a comment about how you could have avoided any misunderstandings or whatever the case may be about Ads. If I were trying make a mockery of what you did I would have atleast been sarcastic. Glad you got it all fixed, to bad you had to put all that effort into it or had someone do it for you.

Nah I never take the time to read how to improve on the Professional well put together stuff. Nothing personal, I kind of feel sorry for you in a way with lack of support you get with something you seem so passionate about until your defensive lack of personality surfaces.

I was just making a comment about how you could have avoided any misunderstandings or whatever the case may be about Ads. If I were trying make a mockery of what you did I would have atleast been sarcastic. Glad you got it all fixed, to bad you had to put all that effort into it or had someone do it for you.

One more time for you.
You do not like my methods, you do not like AMFA, you do not like me as a leader. I accept that and I respect your right to disagree with me or anything.

But....

What exactly are you doing to improve the craft, and what is your solution? Type out and publish of complaints is ALL any of us have seen or heard from you. What is your solution or plan? I would think that after months of reading and complaining, you would at least by now have an idea or two instead of constant whimpering. Anything at all?

We are still waiting to hear your plan A/C, we committed ours to tape and it is posted out there for all to see. All we know is you want the Status Quo {TWU} or change the name but more of the same {IBT} this would be the same as the election vote and get nothing new. The AMFA constitution whichs places the members squarely in control and ties the pay and benefits of the leaders to the members is what matters not size or money or political expenditures!

Watch the tape of the webinar and sign the AMFA card together we can and will take back our union and profession!

Latest posts

Back