Awful Darn Quiet

Mr. Louie sar!! How''s she goin'' ''ol man?
Drove right by Debert on me way to Halifax in March, but Mrs. b was itchin'' to get to watch the curling, so we didn''t even stop for a pee.

Now, about yer question.
I started pumping floats and shining windshields in 1962. The company had three DC-3''s, a couple of Cansos, two Norsemen, four Beavers and an Otter.
All gone, don'' de draino.
The little company on the next dock had a handful of 180''s and a Norseman.
Ditto.
Of the three mining companies here, one had two Daks and a Gulfstream, and the other two had a DC-3 each.
Ditto.
We had an Aero Club with a Fleet Canuck and a couple of Cherokees, later on an Aztec.
Ditto.
You could ride to Montreal on either the blue F-27 or the red Viscount, or if you had lots of time take the DC-3 milk run back and forth across the river. Later, we could ride the blue BAC1-11 or the red DC-9. On the early morning flights they served you a half decent breakfast.On the late morning flight it was a half decent sandwich, and at suppertime a half decent meal.
Ditto.
We used to have a tower here then Nav Can took it over.
Damn, I''m gettin'' sick a writin'' dittos.
Now we can ride to Montreal in a piece of plastic turboprop sh!t that''s no faster than either the Fairchild or the Viscount, and not as comfortable as the DC-3. They feed you a snack of something green - could be either new cheese or old meat - between two pieces of bread hard enough to snap yer knashers.
Now, shouldn''t you rephrase the question? Whattinell doesn''t stink in aviation today?

Hey dude
we got batrooms ere!!! You should of stopped,I was still there then, laid off now,they shut down the recip program,good thing though...strangest place I ever worked !!

I hear you,aviation maybe more "advanced" today but it stinks alot more! I dunno I can''t put my finger on it, but it was fun way back when ..

Hey dude
we got batrooms ere!!! You should of stopped,I was still there then, laid off now,they shut down the recip program,good thing though...strangest place I ever worked !!

I hear you,aviation maybe more "advanced" today but it stinks alot more! I dunno I can''t put my finger on it, but it was fun way back when ..

Hey dude

Hey dude

Hey dude

Hey dude

Hey dude

Hey dude

Hey dude

Latest posts

Back