Azul lands in AA"s backyard, AA lands in Azul's.

it's DOT data.

I'd share it with you but since you just shoot it down if you don't like it, you are on your own to find it.

if you can accept the truth, regardless of whether it is what you like or not, I will share it with you.

you should also study the emerging middle class in the BRIC countries and the efforts the US State Dept has made to court that traffic.

Please share the data.
Obviously, you've had the free time and taken the effort to find it. If you could take the next step of posting it, that would be great.
Some people have a job(s), additional responsibilities and hobbies (a.k.a. a life) that prevents them from (constantly) having to look up data to verify or dispute the conclusion(s) you make.

AA's Brazil-US traffic is 74% Brazil originating compared to 66% for DL and 64% for UA.

from China, DL and UA get about half of their traffic from the US compared AA's 2/3 which comes from China - which explains why AA's yields are so much lower.

AA's int'l network in many parts of the world including continental Europe is built around lower yielding tourist traffic compared to DL and UA.

I have the market knowledge.
it takes little time when you know what you are doing.

WorldTraveler said:
AA's Brazil-US traffic is 74% Brazil originating compared to 66% for DL and 64% for UA.

from China, DL and UA get about half of their traffic from the US compared AA's 2/3 which comes from China - which explains why AA's yields are so much lower.

AA's int'l network in many parts of the world including continental Europe is built around lower yielding tourist traffic compared to DL and UA.

I have the market knowledge.
it takes little time when you know what you are doing.
Thank you for posting the DOT numbers. They enhance your post(s).

With respect to AA's traffic to Europe: is it US that brought the tourist traffic? AA was heavily focused on LHR and a few other key cities, compared to the numerous (and often seasonal) EU destinations that US served from PHL and CLT.

AA and US still post separate DOT stats because they do not have a single carrier cert.

AA"s continental Europe traffic is more Europe originating than US'.

US got some benefit from the Star connection but that is fading which combined with AA's weaker position from US point of sale is why AA has had a harder time building out continental Europe which has long been a strategic difficulty for AA.

US did have a more central Europe network which is where Star's strength is.

AA still has a large operation at CDG for it not being an alliance city for them and AA has long been strong in MXP.