Battle Line Is Drawn

737nCH11 said:
Magsau,

Don't forget the time card fiasco at ORD in the late 90s. I'm sure glad the IAM is the standard bearer for high ethics and morals at UAL. :up:
[post="167957"][/post]​

Heads Up!!!" said:
LINK: Heads Up 2000

Statement of Support
by Capt. Rick Dubinsky,
Chairman, United MEC

If you want to know what the efforts of a solid union can achieve, you need look no further than the United pilots’ contract ratified in October. The commitment of all of United’s pilots — backed by ALPA’s peerless resources — won the best pilot agreement ever achieved in the history of the airline business.

The MEC and our negotiating committee have gotten many kudos over that landmark agreement from other pilot groups, who recognize that what we’ve won at United can’t help but raise the bar for their contract efforts as well.

Do you think our contract hasn’t made other managements nervous? You bet it has. Do you think they wouldn’t love to undercut the gains we’ve made? You bet they would. The easiest way for them to do that is to keep us in separate camps, dissipating our strength by sniping at one another. At this stage in the industry’s evolution, we need to have every pilot in the U.S. and Canada strong and unified under the ALPA banner.

We’ve gotten only a glimpse of how globalization stands to change the industry in this new century and, from what we’ve seen so far, it’s not going to be pretty. Duane Woerth has referred to "global whipsawing," and we’ve seen evidence of it already. We need other pilot groups’ ideas, talent, and commitment to help us all face what’s coming, and to do it from a position of strength.

ALPA offers what no other pilot union does — affiliation with the AFL-CIO, which gives us support of other trade unions throughout the U.S., and with the International Federation of Air Line Pilots Associations, which gives us an invaluable link to pilots around the globe. Add to that our "war chest" — ALPA’s Major Contingency Fund — and a union that encompasses, besides our own strong membership, the pilots of Continental, Continental Express, and the other independent unions would be an even more powerful force to take on the challenges that will, without a doubt, confront us in the future. n

Guess he was wrong again........... :p

B) UT

Hey guys...I dont work for UA...but I do work for another airline who lost their pension back during the early 90's and employees with 20 and 30 years lost all their pension and had to start over. I have seen some of them work till they died beacuse they couldnt afford to retire. I agree with all UA employees..you folks have given plenty and I definatly wouldnt give up my pension...a pension is earned with years of service and they shouldnt be able to take away something you earned. I would do the same ALL OR NOTHING. I wish the best for all at UA

kcabpilot said:
Ronin

Just for clarity, if anyone is under the delusion that they can keep feeding this dinosaur by trimming a little more skin off the hides of those of us in the trenches (you know, the ones that do all the work) they better think again because we've got our meathooks in this top heavy monster and it won't take much to bring it down.

we can all hit the streets together, I'll be your wing man any day
[post="168667"][/post]​

Ditto...
Take Care,
:up: UAL_TECH