Ual Mec Responds

You'll notice that no personal attack was made toward you, csrgal, until after your post#5 on this thread. I have disagreements with MANY people on this thread/forum, yet, as I wrote, the gloves don't come off until some punches are thrown my way. Consider your post#5 the "first punch." I have little respect for ANY employee on the property, pilot, csr, mechanic, or otherwise who is so bitter and angry that they need to post something like that. Get over it.

You don't believe in job actions if it screws over the passenger? That's very altruistic of you. I guess you'll just take whatever the company is about to hand your group next week with a big smile on your face and a "Thank you very much may I have another?" Unions, unfortuately, are a necessary evil in this business and I wouldn't blame any union for having to put their foot down sometimes, whether the customer gets caught in the middle or not. Its unfortunate, as was the Summer of 2000 (or what may start to happen as early as next week), but that's the way it is in the airline biz. It's up to the customer to decide whether they want to fly us again with all our warts and imperfections. So far, they're still coming.

You'll notice that no personal attack was made toward you, csrgal, until after your post#5 on this thread. I have disagreements with MANY people on this thread/forum, yet, as I wrote, the gloves don't come off until some punches are thrown my way. Consider your post#5 the "first punch." I have little respect for ANY employee on the property, pilot, csr, mechanic, or otherwise who is so bitter and angry that they need to post something like that. JetBlue is a great non-union airline with breath-taking non-union wages to show for it. Perhaps a carrier change is in order to a non-union shop so that you may avoid the potential union actions you despise so much?

You don't believe in job actions if it screws over the passenger? That's very altruistic of you. I guess you'll just take whatever the company is about to hand your group next week with a big smile on your face and a "Thank you very much may I have another?" Unions, unfortuately, are a necessary evil in this business and I wouldn't blame any union for having to put their foot down sometimes, whether the customer gets caught in the middle or not. Its unfortunate, as was the Summer of 2000 (or what may start to happen as early as next week), but that's the way it is in the airline biz. It's up to the customer to decide whether they want to fly us again with all our warts and imperfections. So far, they're still coming.

You'll notice that no personal attack was made toward you, csrgal, until after your post#5 on this thread. I have disagreements with MANY people on this thread/forum, yet, as I wrote, the gloves don't come off until some punches are thrown my way. Consider your post#5 the "first punch." I have little respect for ANY employee on the property, pilot, csr, mechanic, or otherwise who is so bitter and angry that they need to post something like that. JetBlue is a great non-union airline with breath-taking non-union wages to show for it. Perhaps a carrier change is in order to a non-union shop so that you may avoid the potential union actions you despise so much?

You'll notice that no personal attack was made toward you, csrgal, until after your post#5 on this thread. I have disagreements with MANY people on this thread/forum, yet, as I wrote, the gloves don't come off until some punches are thrown my way. Consider your post#5 the "first punch." I have little respect for ANY employee on the property, pilot, csr, mechanic, or otherwise who is so bitter and angry that they need to post something like that.

JetBlue is a great non-union airline with breath-taking non-union wages to show for it. Perhaps a carrier change is in order to a non-union shop so that you may avoid the potential union actions you despise so much?

North by Northwest said:
On another note...lets simplify the PBGA vs. Ual/ Pilots.......Ual/pilots takes "King", PBGA=Checkmate. The pension/ bankruptcy issue is new reading for Ual. The PBGA wrote the book.
[post="234558"][/post]​

Who is the PBGA????

WorldTraveler said:
I do have to wonder if your lives and the lives of others at US would be any easier today if US could have been allowed to engage in some of the actions they previously desired such as a merger with United or American.
[post="234630"][/post]​
We all know they would have been out on the street looking for work had they merged with AA, just ask the (former) TWA employees.

Ualdriver,

Don't you think everyone got your point. You needent post the same message over and over for the rest of us to figure it out. We understand that you are fustrated, but there are other opinions and ideas besides those that you put forth here.

Just a thought, now that the Stock Market seems to be rebounding, wouldn't that have a positive effect on/for the Pensions?

JetBlu employees sacrificed much financially and benefitwise to get that company where it is today. The amazing part is that after they did, and the company got financially stable, the company promised to take care of them--you might want to sit down for this one--and did! It blows me away when a company does what it promises anymore.

It's a novel idea, but many companies do it. We just happen to work in a sector that has a lot of back stabbers in it. :down:

I don't know why it repeated my last post so many times. Sorry!

Casual rat-

The stock market going up (and interest rates going up, also important) does have a positive effect on our pensions. The problem is, though, that we owe so much money from the past that it would take billions to fund them all to bring them up to the amounts required by federal law. However, as long as the PBGC hasn't taken over your pension, there is still "hope," however slight, that you might not lose it.

ualdriver said:
You'll notice that no personal attack was made toward you, csrgal, until after your post#5 on this thread. I have disagreements with MANY people on this thread/forum, yet, as I wrote, the gloves don't come off until some punches are thrown my way. Consider your post#5 the "first punch." I have little respect for ANY employee on the property, pilot, csr, mechanic, or otherwise who is so bitter and angry that they need to post something like that.

JetBlue is a great non-union airline with breath-taking non-union wages to show for it. Perhaps a carrier change is in order to a non-union shop so that you may avoid the potential union actions you despise so much?
[post="235114"][/post]​

I think you made your point, all four times.

I agree with your earlier point on the myth of over capacity. With airplanes flying at historically high load factors capacity is not the problem, there is more to this whole game than we are seeing.

Some light can be shed when you piece together statements from corporate execs and government officials.

The CEO of NWA recently made coments about the "resetting of wages", Herman Bonilla(of the Bush Administration) and the FAA charter both speak of the governments objective to emphasize the "availability of of a variety of adequate, economic, efficient and low priced services".

In this industry it sometimes pays to lose money, especially when they can use losses that can be easly recouped to "reset" wages for a long time.

Labor was able to win back some of what they lost through the 90s, but it did not last long. While at least one carrier may fail, probably USAIR, its doubtlful that UAL will be eliminated. Isnt UAL the same carrier where Bush told the mechanics they could not strike because they provided a service that was essential to the economy? How much higher were the load factors then than they are now?Isnt UAL the airline that the government prevented from merging with USAIR because it would eliminate competition? So how could allowing both to dissapear not create an even worse situation than allowing them to merge? Instead of one major carrier dissapearing now two would be dissapearing!

There is only one way to stop this slaughter, that is for all the airline unions to get together and threaten to shut the whole thing down if any contract is abrogated.

As long as we keep moving airplanes everybody else is happy. The passengers that fly cheap, the Hotels the airlines help fill, the airports that collect the landing fees and the rents, the banks that lease the airplanes, the Saudis that sell us the fuel at jacked up prices that ate up whatever funds our previous concessions provided, everybody else is riding high on the record high load factors and the millions of people that we move while we are all in a pathetic self destructive race to the bottom. What we need to do is simply STOP. Shut the whole thing down!!!!!!!

When the planes sit on the ground, when the hotels sit empty, when the airport is as quiet as a golf course, when the fuel just sits in the tankers and when people stay home instead of traveling and spending money then this madness will stop, but its up to us to do this. The question is will we?