Because Of Ted Ii

Busdrvr said:
And FRNT is nothing but a wet dream of a UAL scab. A bunch of crappy cramped 737-200's that finally got AB and a paint job. but lets review. UAL operating profit. FRNT 3% operating LOSS. Keep your options open and your resume current Fish....
The 737-200s were parked over a year ago and the company average fleet age is much younger than United's. Also, Ted has worse seat pitch and no live tv.

As for your comparison, I guess it should be clear to all of us by your comments that a company in Chapter 11 is in much better shape than an airline that has made money 5 of the last 6 quarters. Keep livin' the dream...

BTW, you didn't need that pension, did you?

enilria said:
The 737-200s were parked over a year ago and the company average fleet age is much younger than United's. Also, Ted has worse seat pitch and no live tv.

As for your comparison, I guess it should be clear to all of us by your comments that a company in Chapter 11 is in much better shape than an airline that has made money 5 of the last 6 quarters. Keep livin' the dream...

BTW, you didn't need that pension, did you?
[post="165344"][/post]​

That's cute, not very accurate, but cute.

Lets look at July...

"The airline reported passenger yield of 10.24 cents for the month of July 2004, a decrease of 11.6 percent from the same period last year. Its passenger revenue per available seat mile was 8.14 cents, down 1.13 cents or 12.2 percent from July 2003."

FRNT is in trouble. The sooner you see it, the better off you'll be.

"Thank you for admitting that I am correct. Are you saying that United owns their entire fleet? Is the qtr billion loss attributed to depreciation alone? BTW, F-9 owns a good portion of its new aircraft, so your arguement would have to work both ways."

Why golly, lets look at the numbers....
Depreciation makes up approx 3% of FRNT's cost (well, at least before FRNT sold 2 AB to a leasor, at a loss, for much needed cash). It makes up 5% at UAL. At FRNT is around 25% of it's equipment cost, at UAL over 60%

But while we're at it, lets look at fuel. Fuel accounted for 17% of operating expense at the completely unhedged UAL, yet accounted for 20% at FRNT. Any more increases in fuel affect FRNT more than UAL.

'Why golly, lets look at the numbers....'

Bussy,

The problem with your (mis)understanding of this industry is that you think you have it all figured out because you read the 10Ks and can cite numbers from them.

The numbers you cite are merely tools for management to use when preparing for future business planning or they can be, in effect, a scoreboard for decisions made in the past, corrected for uncontollable events of course. They certainly do not represent a crystal ball in which you can forecast a companiy's demise with any degree of accuaracy. During my days as a COO, I would have given anything for the business tool that would give me the information that you seem to possess.

Someone with a deeper understanding of this industry would not make the brash, inconsiderate, and often times rude comments directed toward other employees and companies on this board, especially with your degree of arrogance.

Bus,

We know the stress your under there at UAL flying the same old United Shuttle (AKA TED). Hey at least your making almost the same money, for NOW! Nice voice mail to the employees of UAL from the Tiltonator! As I've said before, I don't wish the employees of UAL the loss of their livelyhood. It's tuff starting over, but sometimes it's the ONLY thing you can do. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a job that can TRUELY give you job satifaction, without the headaches.

Frontier is not a bad place to work at all. And the future here, no matter how you work the numbers is much brighter today then it is at UAL. As the days pass time runs out faster and faster for the survival of UniTED. You can blame management for that! In the past 20 years, no matter what CEO has been in charge. They have ALL run a great institution into the ground. Even the US Government knew that UAL management could not come up with a VIABLE business plan to survive thier BK.

C54Capt said:
'Why golly, lets look at the numbers....'

Bussy,

The problem with your (mis)understanding of this industry is that you think you have it all figured out because you read the 10Ks and can cite numbers from them.

The numbers you cite are merely tools for management to use when preparing for future business planning or they can be, in effect, a scoreboard for decisions made in the past, corrected for uncontollable events of course. They certainly do not represent a crystal ball in which you can forecast a companiy's demise with any degree of accuaracy. During my days as a COO, I would have given anything for the business tool that would give me the information that you seem to possess.

[post="166862"][/post]​

My misuderstanding of the industry.... Hmmm. I said this would happen in, let's see, FEBUARY. I guess I somehow secretly found the 10K's in an abandoned time machine... But if YOU can't see it, then I now understand why you are no longer a "COO" (right....) but while we're at it....

With its flights averaging 83.8% full, United Airlines' total scheduled revenue passenger miles (RPMs) increased in August 2004 by 9.9% on a capacity increase of 8.3% available seat miles (ASMs) vs. the same period in 2003. For the fifth month in a row, United has broken its load-factor record for the month.

What do you think August will look like at FRNT?

Bussy,

My statement about your magic crystal ball was in reference to your prediction of F9's demise, not public data that you cite. For your information, I retired quite successfully from my COO position several years ago and have continued my passion of flying jets FOR FUN. If you would like my bio, I would be glad to share it with you. FWIW, you project an arrogant attitude and often demean and belittle others on this board. I think that speaks volumes about your character. Even though I have defended you on this board and have grown to like you at times, I would not want you in my organization.