Beijing

s80dude

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
USA
So it looks like AA has officially thrown their hat into the "Pick Me" circle for 2009 China frequencies. Company proposes ORD-PEK.

Guess Gerard didn't want another repeat of the Pull Together Win Together mess w/ DFW, so we are trying for a route that the current APA contract has defined parameters for regarding On Duty limits.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070628/lath102.html?.v=73

So it looks like AA has officially thrown their hat into the "Pick Me" circle for 2009 China frequencies. Company proposes ORD-PEK.

Guess Gerard didn't want another repeat of the Pull Together Win Together mess w/ DFW, so we are trying for a route that the current APA contract has defined parameters for regarding On Duty limits.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070628/lath102.html?.v=73
I think its funny AA would even try Chicago PEK since United has that route already .. Instead giving and doing DFW.. They keep effing around and usairways or delta even CO is going to end up with the next route.

Why do you think it is funny? AA asked for and started ORD-PVG after UA already started theirs. Were you laughing before that one too?

I think its funny AA would even try Chicago PEK since United has that route already .. Instead giving and doing DFW.. They keep effing around and usairways or delta even CO is going to end up with the next route.

IORFA is completely correct.

DOT made a big deal about the benefits of competition at ORD when it awarded AA its ORD-PVG two years ago; why wouldn't that competition with UA carry the day again with PEK?

Chicago is the third largest metro area in the USA, behind only NYC and Los Angeles. Population that's 50% larger than the fourth place Metroplex of Dallas/FW. What better location for some additonal China capacity? Makes a helluva lot more sense than ATL-China (lack of traffic) or DFW-China (similar low traffic stats).

If Arpey and his minions had not had their head up their collective behind last year, they would have applied for ORD-PEK last year instead of that stupidass DFW application.

Back