Blame Southwest

----------------
On 7/21/2003 9:32:30 PM F/Oaa wrote:

You Know you are RIGHT!!!
AA did have a genuine plan for TWA at STL.
Dismantle it as soon as you can.
I''m not the only one that believe''s that AA and Carty were doing BACKFLIPS on the dreadful day 9/11. It just gave them an excuse to Wack Away sooner. Long Live the TEXAS TALIBaan as DFW is now known as.
Yes I do have a clue on this one!!!!!

----------------​
I think you mean "Clueless"!! Try to use a little common sense here. Why would AA sink millions upon millions in the TWA LLC operation if if had a "Secret" plan to "Dismantle it as soon as they could"? Besides once TWA was on Sabre and receiving AA connecting traffic, plus buying fuel at AA prices and Leases at AA prices TWA LLC was MAKING MONEY!!! The dismantling of STL is a genuine tragedy!

----------------
On 7/23/2003 12:09:57 PM AAmech wrote:

----------------
On 7/21/2003 9:32:30 PM F/Oaa wrote:

You Know you are RIGHT!!!
AA did have a genuine plan for TWA at STL.
Dismantle it as soon as you can.
I'm not the only one that believe's that AA and Carty were doing BACKFLIPS on the dreadful day 9/11. It just gave them an excuse to Wack Away sooner.  Long Live the TEXAS TALIBaan as DFW is now known as.
Yes I do have a clue on this one!!!!!

----------------​
I think you mean "Clueless"!!  Try to use a little common sense here.  Why would AA sink millions upon millions in the TWA LLC operation if if had a "Secret" plan to "Dismantle it as soon as they could"?  Besides once TWA was on Sabre and receiving AA connecting traffic, plus buying fuel at AA prices and Leases at AA prices TWA LLC was MAKING MONEY!!!  The dismantling of STL is a genuine tragedy!

----------------​

Where are the people and planes of AirCal and Reno?

Mturpiz,
-As much as I hate to admit it you are correct. For having ten fortune 500 copmanies, (yes, thats right more than Dallas or Atlanta), and numerous 1000 companies, STL is a small market. The population has grown recently to just over 2.78 million however, which is an increase bigger from 2000 to 2003 than 1990 to 2000. But for the business and pop, STL is a small market. If you could find an opposite to this it would have to be DEN. They have fabulous O & D. STL's is mediocre at best, but better than CLT, PIT, CLE, PDX (interchanges), SLC, CVG, MEM all which are hubs.
-Addressing the Southwest situation, it does make it hard. It basically ruined 13 of those runs. AA cannot make ANY money being a full service airline matching Southwest fairs, they just cant do it. With Southwest and AA both on those runs, there isnt enough O&D to make either one profitable hence both airlines are pulling back. TWA could make those routes profitable because they had a TREMENDOUS amount of feed to make up for the lack of O&D that went to Southwest. Folks lets not forget the TW hub was massive. 522 departures, like 400 mainline? Large to say the least.
-Supposedly Leonard Griggs is bending over backward to get a carrier in here that will really setup a decent operation. I have heard whisperings of FL, but nothing positive. I know we have the whole D concourse open now, which could be attractive to possibly B6, F9, or FL. Who really knows though. I read in the paper he has 14 new flights lined up for Nov. 1. With whom I am not sure. I really think an ATA EWR or SFO-STL has an outside chance. UAL is starting 3 times daily IAD-STL with a CRJ which is ok by me, also adding 2 flights two DEN. NWA will add 2 departures daily also. Delta is *supposedly* upgrading their 732 flights. Dont count on anything big from southwest, 10 flights I would bet.
-The fact of the matter is this: STL is too well positioned, with decent enough o& D to operate a decent sized hub. Plus, St Louis thinks of itself as a world-class city and will not stop at anything short of a decent sized hub.
-One other thing, I have VERY GOOD inside contacts and AA is not done with their cuts, quote me on that one.