Blind Justice Kansas Style

http://m.wlky.com/na...cz/-/index.html

A new law in Kentucky:

"As the nation debates restricting guns, Kentucky has gone the other way, allowing guns in places where they’ve been banned for decades.

A revised Kentucky gun law, passed last summer and put in to action in January, is so gun-rights friendly, public places that have never allowed guns are now prohibited from banning them.

As one state lawmaker, who opposed the new gun law, put it, it will open up Kentucky to a “new Wild West.”

Crossing Off Guns

The “beep” sound emanating from the security station at the front door of Louisville Metro Hall is unmistakable. It’s the metal detector designed to find weapons before someone brings them through.

Nearby, a sign with a list of banned weapons has crossed out the word “Guns.”

“No one ever brought a gun in,” Barry, the former corrections officer, now security guard, said.

Thanks to the newly revised Kentucky gun rights law, the machine at Metro Hall may detect the weapons, but Barry can no longer prevent someone from openly carrying in their firearms.

"They can bring it (a gun) in the building,” Barry said, “as long as it’s open."

“We were keeping all guns out of government buildings because, you know, sometimes heated exchanges take place in government buildings by citizens,” Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said. “We felt like that was best for the safety of the employees of the city. We can no longer prohibit guns from coming in to our building,”

The mayor and many other local leaders are adapting to the new law that prohibits them from banning weapons in many places where they say “common sense” dictated keeping firearms out. "

You selectively left this little gem out of your copy/paste job.

The bill’s sponsor, State Rep. Bob Damron, D-Nicholasville, said he’s perfectly comfortable with that.

You selectively left this little gem out of your copy/paste job.

The bill’s sponsor, State Rep. Bob Damron, D-Nicholasville, said he’s perfectly comfortable with that.
Not sure what that has to do with the post. I don't care who passed it, nor did I offer an opinion on it.

The Kansas legislature also has another bill they are working on. Right not, guns are not allowed in public buildings. They want to fix that...they want to make it LEGAL to carry guns in public buildings if that building doesn't have a guard or a metal detector at the entrance. And that's all good, because at the capitol building, they have armed guards AND metal detectors. But most motor vehicle offices don't, and Kansans have never seen a tax they liked, so that means that the guy in line next to you who is bitching because that overpaid government worker who is a waste of their tax dollars for telling him he has to have an insurance card to get his car tags can carry a GUN into the building so he can have it handy to....what....shoot the government clerk? Local governments can't afford to pay for that kind of equipment or manpower, and Kansas never met a tax to pay for security that they ever agreed with...so the public now gets to stand next to pissed off taxpayers who are LEGALLY carrying their guns in a government building. I sent a letter to my state reps and told them that if they decided to approve this, then I would like them to save us tax money and take out the metal detectors and armed guards that they have in the capitol. Seems fair to me.

KC....back up give what you just said some deep thought.

Those people carrying concealed in your DMV have already passed an extensive background check.....sure they're pissed off taxpayers, but in your estimation , that is enough to warrant a massacre?
C'mon.....I got more respect for your ideology than that.

A new law in Kentucky:

"As the nation debates restricting guns, Kentucky has gone the other way, allowing guns in places where they’ve been banned for decades.

A revised Kentucky gun law, passed last summer and put in to action in January, is so gun-rights friendly, public places that have never allowed guns are now prohibited from banning them.

As one state lawmaker, who opposed the new gun law, put it, it will open up Kentucky to a “new Wild West.”

Crossing Off Guns

The “beep” sound emanating from the security station at the front door of Louisville Metro Hall is unmistakable. It’s the metal detector designed to find weapons before someone brings them through.

Nearby, a sign with a list of banned weapons has crossed out the word “Guns.”

“No one ever brought a gun in,” Barry, the former corrections officer, now security guard, said.

Thanks to the newly revised Kentucky gun rights law, the machine at Metro Hall may detect the weapons, but Barry can no longer prevent someone from openly carrying in their firearms.

"They can bring it (a gun) in the building,” Barry said, “as long as it’s open."

“We were keeping all guns out of government buildings because, you know, sometimes heated exchanges take place in government buildings by citizens,” Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said. “We felt like that was best for the safety of the employees of the city. We can no longer prohibit guns from coming in to our building,”

The mayor and many other local leaders are adapting to the new law that prohibits them from banning weapons in many places where they say “common sense” dictated keeping firearms out. "

Thank you, Quags, for providing a perfect example of what the second amendment really stands for.

When the government fears the citizens, we have liberty......when the citizens fear the government, we have tyranny. This example shows this particular government entity is on the citizens side of the Constitution. God bless America.

And like I said previously, to obtain a concealed carry permit, one has already demonstrated to the government that there is nothing in their background information that does not disqualify them from carrying concealed. Does this necessarily mean every person demonstrating open carry is some kind of demented wacko not qualified to carry? Maybe, but I rather doubt it.

Reactions: 1 person

Common sense tells me there is no such thing as a "heated exchange free zone".

The Kansas legislature also has another bill they are working on. Right not, guns are not allowed in public buildings. They want to fix that...they want to make it LEGAL to carry guns in public buildings if that building doesn't have a guard or a metal detector at the entrance. And that's all good, because at the capitol building, they have armed guards AND metal detectors. But most motor vehicle offices don't, and Kansans have never seen a tax they liked, so that means that the guy in line next to you who is bitching because that overpaid government worker who is a waste of their tax dollars for telling him he has to have an insurance card to get his car tags can carry a GUN into the building so he can have it handy to....what....shoot the government clerk? Local governments can't afford to pay for that kind of equipment or manpower, and Kansas never met a tax to pay for security that they ever agreed with...so the public now gets to stand next to pissed off taxpayers who are LEGALLY carrying their guns in a government building. I sent a letter to my state reps and told them that if they decided to approve this, then I would like them to save us tax money and take out the metal detectors and armed guards that they have in the capitol. Seems fair to me.

You don't live in fear, what are you so worked up about?

What does someone you "suspect" may have a felony look or smell like?

Is there some kind of online course you take to recognize this.

Here in TX we go by 'don'd ask don' tell'. If I have a gun I want to sell I can put an add out and when you come to buy it I won't ask why and you don't tell me why. I take your money, you take the gun and the deed is done. No ID, no names ... nothing is required by TX law. Lovely place.

Reactions: 2 people
KC....back up give what you just said some deep thought.

Those people carrying concealed in your DMV have already passed an extensive background check.....sure they're pissed off taxpayers, but in your estimation , that is enough to warrant a massacre?
C'mon.....I got more respect for your ideology than that.

Well dell...That's why I urge the legislators that if they pass that bill, take down the metal detectors and armed guards from THEIR workplace and save the taxpayers that money. It's pretty damn easy to think that something is a good idea for everybody else, might as well be good enough for themselves don't you think? After all, the people walking down their hallowed halls would have undergone extensive background checks that would make the costs associated with guards and metal detectors just a waste of taxpayer money...right?

KC. you need educated to the reality of the law abiding gun owners and what you and others of your political persuasion want rammed down their throats.
The law abiding gunowners have been singled out every time some gun related crime goes down. That in itself is wrong.

IT's far more likely to get a person toting his Glock pissed off while in a government building that it is for marauding hordes to come break down my door.
Where in the hell do you get your information from? Would it be asking to much for you to provide proof to support your statement or did you just make it up? Sure sounds like you live in fear to me.

Latest posts