Bob Crandall does not want a damn tax cut.

WeAAsles you REALLY want these people to not be subjected to estate tax?

Bill Gates $89 Billion
Jeff Bezos $81 Billion
Warren Buffett $78 Billion
Mark Zuckerberg $71 Billion
Larry Ellison $59 Billion
Charles Koch $48 Billion
David Koch $48 Billion
Michael Bloomberg $46 Billion
Larry Page $44 Billion
Sergey Brin $43 Billion

Think VERY carefully before you answer.

Just for fun here is one more for the list.

Carl Icahn $16.7 B

Last edited:
Abolish the 16th amendment ratified in 1913 and all these tax problems at the federal level go away. Bring the power back to the states.

I stand to lose alot in this tax plan. In addition to losing the deduction for state income tax, which in NY is substantial, I lose the deduction for my property taxes, which go well into the 5 digit range...that is a double whammy which is not acceptable to me. I think the middle class is left in the lurch on this tax "cut", which is not really a tax cut at all for most of us. My congressional delegation all voted NO but it didn't help. Let's hope the senate comes to their senses ( I just noticed the irony in that statement).

My BEST to you all......
Art, I find that level of naivete refreshing in someone your age. :rolleyes: To come to their senses would require that they do something honest, upright, and public. That would be a violation of their sacred pledge to honor and defend party over country and do nothing that might cut into donations to their re-election campaigns.. (And, I mean BOTH parties. A pox on both their houses.
:mad:)

I stand to lose alot in this tax plan. In addition to losing the deduction for state income tax, which in NY is substantial, I lose the deduction for my property taxes, which go well into the 5 digit range...that is a double whammy which is not acceptable to me. I think the middle class is left in the lurch on this tax "cut", which is not really a tax cut at all for most of us. My congressional delegation all voted NO but it didn't help. Let's hope the senate comes to their senses ( I just noticed the irony in that statement).

My BEST to you all......
I live on LI too my property taxes are $10,000 the fact that school superintendents are making $250,000 +and cops are retiring with$100,00 plus a year is no fault to anyone living in Nebraska not to mention all the illegals using social services and killing one another. Do what everyone else is doing which I plan to.......... leave

I live on LI too my property taxes are $10,000 the fact that school superintendents are making $250,000 +and cops are retiring with$100,00 plus a year is no fault to anyone living in Nebraska not to mention all the illegals using social services and killing one another. Do what everyone else is doing which I plan to.......... leave
You can thank the Democrats for that. Every bit of it.

Reactions: cltrat and 1AA
Where he lives and grew up was under republican control for over 60 years and this was set up many years ago by republicans.

The first democratic leader was just elected.

Last edited:
Where he lives and grew up was under republican control for over 60 years and this was set up many years ago by republicans.

The first democratic leader was just elected.
Doesn't matter. When you are a dot of red in an ocean of blue your going to get wet.

Do you deny that powerful public sector UNIONs and entitlements (not to mention illegal immigration) are supported and championed by Democrats? Two of the things he specifically mentioned having issues with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Long_Island

Politically, Nassau and Suffolk Counties WERE long controlled by the Republican Party.

In 1992, the suburban counties split, with Nassau voting Democratic and Suffolk voting Republican; however, since 1996, both counties, along with Brooklyn and Queens, have been Democratic, although sometimes by fairly close margins.

Five of New York's 29 congressional districts are located on Long Island. Of them, the Republicans only represent two

Democrats currently hold a 12 to 6 supermajority
in the Suffolk County Legislature.

Ask him when living on Long Island REALLY started to suck. My guess....... about 1996.

Wiki is not a credible source.

And he is talking about Nassau County, not Suffolk.
I find Wikipedia to be more credible than these news networks who tell half truths and sensationalize outright lies to get ratings.

Like I said, when your surrounded by s**t, expect to get it on you.

All of you are living in a world where the politician and the IRS are in charge.
Some have an idea how the Tax Plan hits them.

My opinion, remove the income tax completely at the Federal and move to a sales tax.

Reactions: I'll have another
I find Wikipedia to be more credible than these news networks who tell half truths and sensationalize outright lies to get ratings.

Like I said, when your surrounded by s**t, expect to get it on you.
It was the republicans that let things get out of control spending wise. I was in the Repblican club did work for a candidate seeking reelection and received a summer patronage job . My paycheck as little as it was contained a 1% kick back fee to the Republican party which was called an "agency shop fee" on my pay stub. I could have stayed there and made a living out of it wouldn't had to pay any medical and probably would have a better retirement.The changing demographics and corruption has hurt the GOP. I drove past a GOP rally not a single person was under 55. Nassau is more and more like a 6th borough of NYC just with much higher taxes

All of you are living in a world where the politician and the IRS are in charge.
Some have an idea how the Tax Plan hits them.

My opinion, remove the income tax completely at the Federal and move to a sales tax.
You got it right. It's called abolishing the 16th amendment. Takes the power away at the federal level and brings it back to the states. Approaching 20 trillion in debt. Does that sound like a success? "Put the feds in charge of the Sahara Desert and in 5 years a shortage of sand will happen." Both parties are corrupt.

Latest posts