Bombardier News

• Banned
Eye,

It would be interesting to know where Bombardier or GECAS places those other airplanes.

Jim

It's the very reason that I don't believe the excess capacity in the industry will be eliminated except in the short-term if US Airways fails. Aircraft companies keep building those puppies faster than the airlines can fill the new seats or amortize and retire older aircraft.

EyeInTheSky said:
I smell Johnny O all over this one. <_<
[post="180606"][/post]​
No way. Mesa is trying to figure out what they are going to do with the 59 rjs we now have with U. No need to add more risk here. Maybe if U gets the costs cuts and makes it out of BK JO would consider buying these aircraft and growing the U operation. Otherwise, forget about it. -Cape

Capecod said:
No way. Mesa is trying to figure out what they are going to do with the 59 rjs we now have with U. No need to add more risk here. Maybe if U gets the costs cuts and makes it out of BK JO would consider buying these aircraft and growing the U operation. Otherwise, forget about it. -Cape
[post="180795"][/post]​

CapeCod, true. But Mesa doesn't want to end up like Independence Air...an airline with no feed.

BoeingBoy said:
It would be interesting to know where Bombardier or GECAS places those other airplanes.
[post="180610"][/post]​

Isn't it certainly possible that GECAS is going to place the airplanes at US?

That is, that US will lease them from GECAS instead of buying them from Bombardier with GECAS financing?

Fred Buttrell (VP of Delta Connection) said in a company meeting last Wednesday that Comair and/or ASA may be interested in the PSA CRJs if US Airways liquidates or Bombardier needs to place them elsewhere.

This would be dependant, obviously, on US Airways closing its doors. Delta intends to pick up as much of that capacity as possible.

(by the way, just as an aside: Did you know that Delta has first right of refusal on all of Chautauqua's US Airways Express ERJ's? So if US Airways terminates the CHQ codeshare, those ERJs will get a quick paintjob and be redeployed into the Delta system within days. )

ringmaruf said:
Isn't it certainly possible that GECAS is going to place the airplanes at US?

That is, that US will lease them from GECAS instead of buying them from Bombardier with GECAS financing?
[post="180839"][/post]​

Possible, but I don't know if probable. Whether buying or leasing new a/c, taking delivery of new a/c constitutes taking on new debt--a no-no in BK unless pre-approved by the court.

jimntx said:
Possible, but I don't know if probable. Whether buying or leasing new a/c, taking delivery of new a/c constitutes taking on new debt--a no-no in BK unless pre-approved by the court.
[post="180947"][/post]​

Could it be that US will show the judge that these deliveries are essential to the transformation of the company and then they will allow it?

DAL has done a very good job of soaking up excess capacity in the RJ market and will probably play a role in shaking out the regional industry. I’m not sure that there are that many more markets where DL can deploy more RJs but they keep finding spots for them. At the very least, DL will hoard new RJs from lower cost operators like Chautauqua and cut lose other operators like Skywest. Given the looming overcapacity in the RJ sector, there is no doubt that costs and salaries for RJ operators and their employees will fall. I suspect that if this rumor is true, it’s only because Delta wants to be in control of the RJ industry shakeout rather than allowing people like Ornstein to make those kind of decisions. Delta does not want any more RJ based airlines like Independence created.
Notice that DL has yet to negotiate a deal to keep the ACA Fairchild jets flying so they will likely be grounded at least for now.

Anything could happen. But playing the coulda/woulda/shoulda game is rather pointless. After all, after 1500 years of fighting among those Balkan hill tribes, there should be peace in Yugoslavia. :p

Actually, Jim, many of us see strategy what-ifs as a great mental exercise. It's real life chess.

Granted. But, only so long as you are willing to look at ALL the possible scenarios, not just the ones that provide you with a favorable outcome.

"Maybe GECAS will lease them to us" and "Perhaps the deliveries will restart as soon as the labor concessions are completed" constitute only looking at the scenarios that allow for US Airways to get the a/c. There is also the senario that US Airways will NEVER get those a/c. How does that affect the transformation plan?

Back