Booking Away?

firstamendment said:
What REALLY pisses me off when I hear things like this is that NOWHERE...NOWHERE was there a big brew haha over the more than 2000 f/a's at American that called off sick over Christmas. Oh and let's not forget the tiny blurb about the 28hr hostage situation on the NWA airplane. YOU PEOPLE BEAT ALL!! Yeah, what happened at U was unfortunate, but if you are going to book away from screwed up airlines, then your choices are limited to about 2 airlines. Short of SWA, JB, and MAYBE Airtrans, NONE...again NONE of the other airlines are out of the woods, mustless making a dime.

I am truely convinced that US Airways is the airline that Americans love to hate. Please just go to your other f###ing airlines. I am as over people who write this sh!t as I am US management!! :angry: :angry:
[post="236130"][/post]​

When you are right you are right. While USAIR got all the press the fact is from what I saw things were not that great at JFK and USAIR doesnt even fly here!

I have no doubt that management had a hand in orchestrating the fiasco in PHL as I witnessed a few years back when another airline claimed that 10 mechanics caused the airline to cancell over 400 flights out of JFK, (even though they did not have 400 flights out of JFK) because they were having an "illegal job action". The airline made all sorts of accusations, they and the TWU were very upset when I showed up on TV saying that the company was lying, that the planes were ready to go and that the company for some unexplained reason cancelled all the flights.I told the press that I believed that the company orchestrated the incident in order to get an upper hand during negotiations, which was true because the company then sought to get a restraining order against the Local, but they were denied. Of course none of that made the headlines and the press never questioned why a client (that spent millions of dollars on television ads) would claim that 10 mechanics out of 400 caused the company to cancell not only every flight, but more than they even had, out of JFK.

The unions may not be doing anything but the hopelessness and despair of airline employees is starting to cause noticable effects on service, and by no means is this confined to USAIR.

Have to admit in res we are swamped...and we are booking new reservations..with the new low fares.....even with the booking fees....

firstamendment said:
What REALLY pisses me off when I hear things like this is that NOWHERE...NOWHERE was there a big brew haha over the more than 2000 f/a's at American that called off sick over Christmas. Oh and let's not forget the tiny blurb about the 28hr hostage situation on the NWA airplane. YOU PEOPLE BEAT ALL!! Yeah, what happened at U was unfortunate, but if you are going to book away from screwed up airlines, then your choices are limited to about 2 airlines. Short of SWA, JB, and MAYBE Airtrans, NONE...again NONE of the other airlines are out of the woods, mustless making a dime.

I am truely convinced that US Airways is the airline that Americans love to hate. Please just go to your other f###ing airlines. I am as over people who write this sh!t as I am US management!! :angry: :angry:
[post="236130"][/post]​

I agree. Despite US' problems, I would still rather fly US than AAttitude AAirlines or NorthWORST.

I have tickets on US booked through mid-April and I sure hope I can use them!

JS said:
I have tickets on US booked through mid-April and I sure hope I can use them!
[post="236208"][/post]​

I have tix through April as well. I've been with U for the last 5 years and will stay as long as they are flying. :up:

Res said:
Have to admit in res we are swamped...and we are booking new reservations..with the new low fares.....even with the booking fees....
[post="236207"][/post]​

Booking update..Jan3-7.

Worked about 43 hours,super busy, (corp travel only) . Sold only one (1) USAIR tkt this entire week, to someone traveling next week.

She said she has about 160,000 miles built up,was really worried about losing it, and and asked my advice.

Also turned around maybe 15-20 bookings on UA after I advised them (they don't look at what they are booking), that they were wanting to book a codeshare, but is was US metal.

Can't say if this is true or not, but I've heard since some corporations have said NO MORE USAir bookings, that some employees are going straight to your res agents in order to build up the remaining mileage necessary mileage to get themselves some fast tkts..

And I'm sure some are just loyal customers.

Also heard some agencies are refusing to book US period, unless pax signs a disclaimer .

That leaves them nowhere else to go, but to res.

From my office, it's pretty much don't touch US.

To be honest during Christmas week and New Year hardly sold any tickets but this past Monday-Friday what a difference a week makes. Biz as usual even with the the bad press.

Back