"operation Recovery"

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
"Operation Recovery"

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - With operations back to normal, US Airways is focusing efforts this weekend on restoring customer confidence. "Operation Recovery" kicked-off this morning at Philadelphia International Airport, through which thousands of passengers are expected to travel on US Airways over the New Year's holiday weekend.

This customer-focused initiative features scores of US Airways management employees who have volunteered to assist customers in the ticketing/check-in and baggage claim areas at Philadelphia.

These employees represent a cross-section of the airline. They are there to help direct customers through the airport, queue check-in and security lines to expedite the flow of traffic, assist customers in locating and removing luggage from the baggage claim carousels, and distribute complimentary beverages and snacks to US Airways customers.

The Operation Recovery team will be on hand through Monday, complementing the hard work of US Airways' front-line airport employees. Additionally, many US Airways baggage handling and customer service employees in Philly have taken on additional shifts over the busy holiday weekend, to assist in the recovery effort, as have pilots and flight attendants who have made themselves available for flights.

CEO Bruce Lakefield, who recorded his usual Friday message a day early today, praised employees for taking all the steps they have “to show our customers that we care.â€￾ “This company has faced its share of challenges over the years, and our great employees have made the difference. I am confident that we will again rise to the challenge,â€￾ he said. You can hear Bruce’s message by calling 1-800-USDAILY (800-873-2459) and choosing prompt 4.

Both employees and customers alike have responded positively to the effort to restore confidence in US Airways.

“This experience has been very rewarding and encouraging as most of the customers I have interacted with are wishing us all the best,â€￾ said Sam Cosby, manager of international and Caribbean sales.

“Great to see all the US Airways folks on hand,â€￾ said one traveler. “Tastykakes. My favorite! Thanks,â€￾ said a customer about the refreshments offered to travelers around the airport. “This is good,â€￾ said another flyer. “We were mad at you.â€￾

Okay, so what happens when the director of somethingorother tries to foist a pack of Tastykakes on someone whose luggage is lost from the 24th?

The spin machine is going to implode...

USA320Pilot said:
"Operation Recovery"

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - “Tastykakes. My favorite! Thanks,â€￾ said a customer about the refreshments offered to travelers around the airport. “This is good,â€￾ said another flyer. “We were mad at you.â€￾
[post="234139"][/post]​

Good lord! Never underestimate the power of a Tastykake. Let's just put the passengers in a diabetic coma before the flight. Has anybody in Philly ever heard of fruit and vegetables?? :blink:

According to the AP, US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said his company recognizes that competitors are going to "crow" a little bit, but that it won't detract from the airline's focus on rebuilding relationships with customers in the weeks ahead. "It's clear that there are customers that are upset with us and that are going to book away from us," Castelveter said. "We're trying to restore the confidence of customers we let down." "We will be reaching out to customers in other ways that I can't discuss right now," he said.

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You know, you sad suckheads will talk down anything and everything. How lame. :down:

Employees that care, coming in not for the company, but for the passengers, trying to make a positive gesture, and all you can do is laugh, make fun, or bad mouth it.

It was not management that was effected because of this you morons. No one from CCY will lose a dime out of their own pockets. Yeah, the company lost needed cash, but the real ones that suffered were

THE PASSENGERS.

So if anyone of us wants to come in, on our own time to try and get a bag where it should have gone, to apologize to and empathize with our customers, then what do you care...?

People going above and beyond, for the reason they should..., our passengers is what WILL save this company (despite the herd of jerks that feel sorry for themselves and look for anything to take their anger out on).

It's not about working for free, it is about helping out , to make up for those who let our passengers down...

Company vs labor issues aside. It is the passengers that matter

ClueByFour said:
Okay, so what happens when the director of somethingorother tries to foist a pack of Tastykakes on someone whose luggage is lost from the 24th?

The spin machine is going to implode...
[post="234155"][/post]​
Give us a chance. What else can we do? Best. Greeter.

Walmartgreeter said:
Give us a chance. What else can we do? Best. Greeter.
[post="234167"][/post]​

The folks on the frontline? Keep doing what you are doing, although I fear it's for nothing.

Like so many other things, the folks at CCY cannot think more than 1/2 a step ahead. They've also shot themselves in the foot with the staffing levels companywide (not just in PHL baggage or PHL FAs).

My post was meant to illustrate (in a very tounge-in-cheek way) the complete foolishness of actually needing an "Operation Recovery," naming it as such, and then figuring that someone who has not seen their bags since Xmas eve will suddenly want to reach US1 because US gave them a pack of snack cakes on the way home.

Tasty cakes must be regional? I guess if CLT lost a lot of bags we'd be passing out Lil'Debbies???

I am not bashing the effort, I would like to head on up to PHL but heard from some people that went yesterday that they were all but told that nobody from PHL really wanted them there. It's a shame, a grassroots effort like this could make a big difference in the passengers eyes. Well, as long as the bags get there....

Latest posts