Boyd Group on WN's future

"Another type of aircraft isn't out of the question, notwithstanding the howls of cackling that would come from the ill-informed financial parrots on Wall Street...If a 100-seater, or even a mainline-cabin 70-seater can contribute, it'll come on property."

Typical Boyd group "prediction." Something may happen. This prediction is not out of the question.

Yeah, well, AA recalling all 3,000+ furloughed f/as next month is not "out of the question." If AA can't find something else to do with the $5.5 billion in cash on hand "it'll buy" NW and DL and UAL. Gee, maybe I should be in the consulting business. :lol:

A bit off topic, but one thing I've noticed lately here in the NYC area is an increase in WN advertising. Long Island advertising has picked up with frequent ads for the Southwest credit card in Long Island's Newsday newspaper which had virtually no WN ads over the past several years. Then, this morning for the first time I heard WN sponsor the local traffic report on NYC's WCBS-AM. I had heard WN ads on Long Island radio stations before but this is the first time I've heard of them buying time on a NYC radio station. Maybe they're starting to market themselves in NYC even though they don't directly serve it? It's a huge market, so attracting just a little bit of the local traveling public can still be quite a few people.

Boyd has been calling a second fleet type for WN for years. He'll continue to do so until either he dies and/or WN actually adds the second fleet type--in the latter case he'll write about how "he called it first."

The Boyd group is a joke! They are a perfect example of so called aviation "experts" that don't have clue about what they are talking about. The Boyd group is like Nostrodomus' so called "predictions",the Y2K scare,etc. Say a bunch of B.S. and eventually it becomes "fact".

The Boyd group is a joke! They are a perfect example of so called aviation "experts" that don't have clue about what they are talking about. The Boyd group is like Nostrodomus' so called "predictions",the Y2K scare,etc. Say a bunch of B.S. and eventually it becomes "fact".

....also comparable to John Edwards' "contacting" of spirits from "the great beyond": "...I'm getting the sense that somebody close to you...at some time during your lifetime...has passed on. Am I correct?"

....also comparable to John Edwards' "contacting" of spirits from "the great beyond": "...I'm getting the sense that somebody close to you...at some time during your lifetime...has passed on. Am I correct?"

Sure wish it were you that had to communicate through Edwards...we'd never hear from mga again.