Bronner''s Irresponsible Comments

dashflyer

Aug 20, 2002
Don''t know if anyone has seen this yet, but it was on the front page of the Charlotte Observer Business Section. It is a Q&A Session with David Bronner.
Q. It cost me $803 to fly from Charlotte to Montgomery, and I flew on a turboprop that was slow and uncomfortable. Can you fix that?
We''re going to get rid of the prop jets. We''ll get regionals here. But there are high fares on Delta, too. I''m not sure it''s within our ability to do anything about it, without help from the other airlines. They take advantage of the markets they dominate.
That''s the framework we have to work within. I think we can do better. How much better, it will take some time to figure out.
Q. How can your participation in US Airways help Alabama?
Easy. Instead of that piece of junk you flew over here on, we''ll get a regional jet. We would have more flights if the demand is there, but that''s a supply-and-demand sort of thing. I don''t think Alabama has ever really been on US Airways'' radar screen because it''s too rural and it''s too small.
But at the same time, there are incidental things that are of benefit to the state and to US Airways as well. We''re working on a marketing deal right now. We can market my golf trail and US Airways to the trail. (Raycom Media) broadcasts to roughly 11 percent of the U.S. population, and we do $3 million worth of ads a month on that thing. We''ll start some ads with US Airways, saying fly to the golf trail.
Where does this guy come from?????? If what I''m flying is a piece of junk, then get on the ball and give me a shiny new RJ to fly. I''ll do your MGM round-trips alllllll day long!!

It is interesting that his answer to how much of his investment was in U, his answer was, "miniscule." That is a little scary. It shows that Mr. Bronner may up and walk away at any given time. The ice is truly thin around here.

flip of the coin and its jets or hamburgers...what a job!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I read that also and I think he is a no nonsense guy. He doesn't subscribe to the PC crap.

[FONT size=3]He also probably thinks there is more room inside a jungle jet than a Dash, Especially if you have the nerve to bring a carry-on with you.[/FONT]

I think the point needs to be made that Mr. Bronner is not doing very well at promoting a product he just invested quite a bit of money in. How can you justify putting peoples hard earned money into a company that flys a "piece of junk"?

I'm all for Non-PC, but people worry about prop airplanes enough with out them being called a piece of junk!

I'm all for Non-PC, but people worry about prop airplanes enough with out them being called a piece of junk!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
However, the recent accident sure won't help counter his sentiments in the flying public mind.

Personally, I agree with you and honestly feel safer on a prop job where flame outs don't happen, but it's that thing called perception.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 9:15:29 PM cavalier wrote:

Personally, I agree with you and honestly feel safer on a prop job where flame outs don't happen
[/blockquote]

I hate to tell you but flameouts happen on turbo props just like they do on the CFM's or Rolls or GE, etc. The public doesn't care that it may be safe. It "their" perception and they are the ones paying your salary.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 9:55:30 PM trvlr64 wrote:

I hope once U comes out of BK that they institute a "focus group" of PAX and employees to find out what their customers and employees want to help U prosper. But maybe that's a pipedream.

See you tomorrow on my flight to DFW.........gnite

----------------
[/blockquote]
I've thought the same thing. In all my years of flying, I don't ever recall being asked for opinions or suggestions regarding what's important to me as a customer, except perhaps with regard to the website at US. It just goes to show how insulated from the passengers the management is.

This PAX has emailed Dr. Bronner after his last flaming comment about liquidating U. Of course the {deleted by moderator) didn't reply. I really didn't expect him to, but he is showing he has no class what so ever whenever he opens his mouth about U.

I hope U can survive and thrive then get rid of him in the future. I hope once U comes out of BK that they institute a "focus group" of PAX and employees to find out what their customers and employees want to help U prosper. But maybe that's a pipedream.

See you tomorrow on my flight to DFW.........gnite

I hate to tell you but flameouts happen on turbo props just like they do on the CFM's or Rolls or GE, etc. The public doesn't care that it may be safe. It "their" perception and they are the ones paying your salary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to forgive me, I am just a dumb slow and stupid A&P mechanic and did not know about burn-outs or, oh, I mean flash-outs, or is that flash- overs. Or maybe I was just flamed? Hmmmm, I will have to think about this. . . . .

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 10:24:49 PM PITbull wrote:

My take on that word he used "miniscule", as meaning "a drop in the bucket" compared to that same money they make in the Dow. Again, this guy from the South, comes across as a guy with little substance and few words.
----------------
[/blockquote]

David Bronner was born, raised, and educated in Minnesota. He is NOT a Southerner. I guess he blows away the idea of "Minnesota Nice".

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 5:51:22 PM autofixer wrote:

It is interesting that his answer to how much of his investment was in U, his answer was, "miniscule." That is a little scary. It shows that Mr. Bronner may up and walk away at any given time. The ice is truly thin around here.
----------------
[/blockquote]
My take on that word he used "miniscule", as meaning "a drop in the bucket" compared to that same money they make in the Dow. Again, this guy from the South, comes across as a guy with little substance and few words.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 10:25:19 PM cavalier wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to forgive me, I am just a dumb slow and stupid A&P mechanic and did not know about burn-outs or, oh, I mean flash-outs, or is that flash- overs. Or maybe I was just flamed? Hmmmm, I will have to think about this. . . . .

----------------
[/blockquote]

What do you work on?