Buh-Bye Pittsburgh :-/

Parker and others have stated that the US' PIT OCC would be moved to the newly renovated AA OCC in Ft Worth, numerous times.

Its not a shock to anyone there.

To think that US Airways was once the largest private employer in Allegheny County.

As sad as it is, not unexpected.  Moving the ops center from Texas would not have made much sense and the carrier needs a combined center.

Dont call me Shirley said:
To think that US Airways was once the largest private employer in Allegheny County.

As sad as it is, not unexpected.  Moving the ops center from Texas would not have made much sense and the carrier needs a combined center.

To think that the people of Allegheny County very publicly jumped with glee, and into their cars, when SW started service to CLE.

Buh-bye, Pittsburgh.

Dont call me Shirley said:

One could say the same for Tulsa....

nycbusdriver said:

To think that the people of Allegheny County very publicly jumped with glee, and into their cars, when SW started service to CLE.

Buh-bye, Pittsburgh.
.............. including our very own ex-mayor.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2519&dat=19951117&id=s3FeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=v2ENAAAAIBAJ&pg=3415,3235730

Then it became a war between the company and county.  Guess who finally lost that war?

All the ex-generals of that war are all gone now to greener pastures and left the white elephant of PIT behind.  Mayor Murphy, Kent George, Jim Roddey. All losers.

Nothing said about layoffs or buyouts in this instance--- just that all would have the opportunity to relocate. So DFW will have a side by side ops centers?  What kind of synergy is that?  Oh, I guess true integration will occur once everyone's on the AA certificate--- THEN we can worry about who stays.

US Airways is looking for a base maint. manager. What does that mean for TUL down the road? 

Nothing, PIT only has two tracks, as does CLT and CLT has three open bays. US is wanting out of PIT but contractually protected.

IAM Contract Article 2 page 3 states, Base work will be performed in both CLT and PIT. Page 4 covers Plant Maintenance work with PIT listed. But on the other hand PIT is not listed as a protect Line maintenance Station as per Article 2( B) on page 96.

skinvalve said:
IAM Contract Article 2 page 3 states, Base work will be performed in both CLT and PIT. Page 4 covers Plant Maintenance work with PIT listed. But on the other hand PIT is not listed as a protect Line maintenance Station as per Article 2( B) on page 96.
Even thought the language may say one thing the IAM and TWU will do anything to get this alliance done. Even violate their own members contract. I can not even remember who many times the TWU amended or just plain out violated our contracts and got away with it.

Back