Buyout

Oh no not another buyout rumor from a reliable source. Here we go again. Which department or work group from your reliable source is this so called buyout going to be offered too? Without details it's just another rumor.

Oh no not another buyout rumor from a reliable source. Here we go again. Which department or work group from your reliable source is this so called buyout going to be offered too? Without details it's just another rumor.
lol you're probably right. It's for the CSA's. Those kiosks and car agents just keep coming at half our wages while they tell us we are over head count with the CSA's. Of course after four mergers nothing would surprise me.

lol you're probably right. It's for the CSA's. Those kiosks and car agents just keep coming at half our wages while they tell us we are over head count with the CSA's. Of course after four mergers nothing would surprise me.

Over time they will probably offer buyouts to lower their overall labor expenses. The telltale sign will be when you are dramatically over headcount.

But the Company will absolutely not advertise that they have any buyouts coming. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact to get people frustrated and disappointed so they leave for free.

Actually I hope you guys do get a buyout offer. Hopefully some that are entertaining retirement will be able to do so sooner rather than later.

I was told by a reliable source another buyout is coming. Has anyone else heard about this?

I read the skepticism, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. We Flight Attendants have had two buyouts in the past few years, 40k each time. The first one took about 2250 people, and the next about 300, IIRC. It followed the first a bit too closely.

If they offered another, I'd take it. I think a couple of thousand more would, too, especially if they upped the ante a bit.

MK

On the TWU /IAM side the company is going to drag negotiations for a JCBA as long as possible. In the meantime many will just retire on their own and it will not cost the company any additional funding towards a package.

1AA, do the fleet guys have an AIP? Will there be separate voting between the fleet and mechanics?

1AA, do the fleet guys have an AIP? Will there be separate voting between the fleet and mechanics?
I am clueless on how things will pan out in future elections. I was told this but no verification to back it up from a union officer a while back.
All groups will vote on their JCBA at the same time. So my understanding is that if the fleet service group have a T/A they have to wait for us to have a T/A before anyone can vote. Sounds crazy because we can be tied up for many months after fleet has a T/A. I don't believe that is possible or makes any sense. But that's what I was told by a union officer. And this can be vice versa as well. In the end the association was and still is a disaster.
It's all about money and control. They have the money and the control.

With the IAM involved it's unlikely they'd vote an agreement for one group before all other groups have agreements. That was one of William O'Driscoll's ideas that seems to have stuck with the IAM "leadership".

Josh

What a nightmare. Who came up with this crap? It really does not make sense how they are running this asso. sad to see you guys have to go through it. I do hope you guys get a buyout offer, but I don't want to see it tied to the contract vote, it should be totally separate and on it's own.

Lots of guys have their hopes up for UA type buyout in the 100k range. But as was said the company has the ability to drag negotiations out way past the 2018 amendable date. Natural attrition through death or age helps the company in two ways: It saves them buyout money and the longer we are employed the less years we draw from our retirement plan which lessens the company's burden. Taking away our retiree medical gave them almost complete control over when guys can retire. Medical will keep us working until they throw a bone to whoever they want to. I don't see a companywide offer. I see them offering only to areas they want eliminate jobs like Tulsa for example.

What a nightmare. Who came up with this crap? It really does not make sense how they are running this asso. sad to see you guys have to go through it. I do hope you guys get a buyout offer, but I don't want to see it tied to the contract vote, it should be totally separate and on it's own.
Of course it makes sense.

Once you understand the goals it makes perfect sense.

Lots of guys have their hopes up for UA type buyout in the 100k range. But as was said the company has the ability to drag negotiations out way past the 2018 amendable date. Natural attrition through death or age helps the company in two ways: It saves them buyout money and the longer we are employed the less years we draw from our retirement plan which lessens the company's burden. Taking away our retiree medical gave them almost complete control over when guys can retire. Medical will keep us working until they throw a bone to whoever they want to. I don't see a companywide offer. I see them offering only to areas they want eliminate jobs like Tulsa for example.
The minimum would have to be at 100K or more, especially since they brought you guys into the mid 40's range. I have always said that a decent buyout offer, to get the number of employees to take that the company wants is at least 1 years salary. Our last buyout offer was Freedom 09. The mechanics were offered 75K and only got a few takers from the mechanics ranks. I know of 30 more guys that would have taken it if it were offered at 100K. Good luck on the buyout guys. Rumor or not, it may get the co. thinking about one...