California sides with the animal rights nuts

Last I checked, there are numerous internet sales that will still ship foie gras to CA 'tax free'!
YaHoo!!
Another step back in society!
Dumb Bastards!
Can't sell it in a restaurant or stores but order it online.
At least the local restaurants and stores paid sales tax.
Brilliant!
B) xUT

What's next, ban enjoying a Turkey Thanksgiving dinner?

It would naturally follow EC. Just consider that the turkeys are pretty much bred in concentration camps, fed excessive hormones/etc, and...well.....I'm just glad to no longer be a resident of "The Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia" ;)

Reactions: 2 people
I tend to agree there. I don't think a chicken feels less tortured after being chased down then killed than one that was penned up slated for death.

Of course, I am no chicken.
You have a dark sense of humor, GQ I like it. Once it's dead, isn't all of it dead, even the liver?

Last I checked, there are numerous internet sales that will still ship foie gras to CA 'tax free'!
YaHoo!!
Another step back in society!
Dumb Bastards!
Can't sell it in a restaurant or stores but order it online.
At least the local restaurants and stores paid sales tax.
Brilliant!
B) xUT
No argument there. :rolleyes:

It would naturally follow EC. Just consider that the turkeys are pretty much bred in concentration camps, fed excessive hormones/etc, and...well.....I'm just glad to no longer be a resident of "The Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia" ;)
Welcome to the cooler. The sandbox made me kinda thirsty. Good arguments, I liked the fishing analogy. Good one.

You have a dark sense of humor, GQ I like it. Once it's dead, isn't all of it dead, even the liver?

Welcome to the cooler. The sandbox made me kinda thirsty. Good arguments, I liked the fishing analogy. Good one.

Thanks EC. It is refreshing to just relate as people for a change ;) That other stuff's understandably poisonous to pretty much all of us involved, after any prolonged exposure.

Thanks EC. It is refreshing to just relate as people for a change ;) That other stuff's understandably poisonous to pretty much all of us involved, after any prolonged exposure.

Agreed 100%. I'm in waiting and watching mode on the merger and rulings by the courts. Not much else to do other than wait and hang out at the cooler with friends every now and then. Hope you don't mind while I borrow your. ;)

Agreed 100%. I'm in waiting and watching mode on the merger and rulings by the courts. Not much else to do other than wait and hang out at the cooler with friends every now and then. Hope you don't mind while I borrow your. ;)

Sound wisdom sir...and...well...I'm unaware of any copyright issues for either of us there ;) Have a good one.

[quote name='Ms Tree' timestamp='1340981391' post='91223]

Watch a video of how they make it. Not sure how anyone could eat it after they saw it. I think it takes a seriously twisted individual to do that to an animal.
[/quote]

If you watched a video on where your eggs and milk came from, you'd probably skip breakfast. If you saw a videos on the remains of people after a drone strike ordered by Obama, would you reconsider your support of him?

Just curious.

If you watched a video on where your eggs and milk came from, you'd probably skip breakfast. If you saw a videos on the remains of people after a drone strike ordered by Obama, would you reconsider your support of him?

Just curious.
Sorry, Ms Tree only eats organic sustainable food.
Meats that are killed humanly, like halal where they cut the animal's throat and hang it upside down to bleed out.
Say a few prayers and yum yum... :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, Ms Tree only eats organic sustainable food.
Meats that are killed humanly, like halal where they cut the animal's throat and hang it upside down to bleed out.
Say a few prayers and yum yum... :lol:

My point exactly.

Say a few prayers? Ms Tree thinks we are dust in the wind. I got a clue from her signature, "Without God....." that's says enough.

Just curious.

I do not drink milk (high cholesterol), eggs are from a local farm where the chickns are free range and natural fed.

Drone strikes have nothing to do with the conversation but war is a nasty business. I'd rather there be drone strikes than body bags coming into Dover. If anyone could put up a better candidate (low standard, how hard can it be) I would be happy to vote for them. So far I have not seen any one who I feel can do a better job.

Reactions: 1 person
You make a good argument. Liver, I never liked it and would pass up on the Foie Gras. The problem I have is with California's ban, the same problem I have with New York saying I can't order a super-sized drink and popcorn at a movie theater. Where does it end?

Smoking pot is illegal unless you get the medical pass card. If someone is sitting at a table next to me eating Foie Gras, doesn't bother me. If you light up while I am having a meal, that's like having a peeing section in a pool. That's when your business becomes my business.

The states have the power to initiate asinine regulations under the 10th Amendment. If the residents of CA want to continue to be seen as the laughing stock of the World by electing morons to carry out the will of other morons it can't be helped. There will be a backlash sooner or later.

Bans on products like Foie Gras are best handled by a free market. Activists make consumers aware and the public decides whether the activist argument has merit and if it does they simply don't order the offending product.

I do not drink milk (high cholesterol), eggs are from a local farm where the chickns are free range and natural fed.

Drone strikes have nothing to do with the conversation but war is a nasty business. I'd rather there be drone strikes than body bags coming into Dover. If anyone could put up a better candidate (low standard, how hard can it be) I would be happy to vote for them. So far I have not seen any one who I feel can do a better job.

As a consumer, you have the choice to buy free range fowl as the government has not regulated your local farm out of business.

There is parallel argument when you ask if you'd rather be chased and killed or chased tortured and killed? If you are a free range chicken or a drone target I'd ask you the same question.

The states have the power to initiate asinine regulations under the 10th Amendment. If the residents of CA want to continue to be seen as the laughing stock of the World by electing morons to carry out the will of other morons it can't be helped. There will be a backlash sooner or later.

Bans on products like Foie Gras are best handled by a free market. Activists make consumers aware and the public decides whether the activist argument has merit and if it does they simply don't order the offending product.

Chefs in California are getting around the ban by having peole bring Foie Gras and charge a fee for cooking. Some are offering it for free. xUT made a good argument about how they shot themselves in the foot.

I agree, let the market decide, not the politicians.

Latest posts