California sides with the animal rights nuts

I think there are completely different cars. The Leaf is more of an econo-box no frills type of car. The Volt is more a mid-size sedan. Much better looking in my opinion. No idea about build quallity. Nissan is not what it used to be and Chevy is better than it used to be.

Forced to choose I'd take the volt in a heart beat.

nissan-leaf-502.jpg

2011-chevy-volt.jpg

I think there are completely different cars. The Leaf is more of an econo-box no frills type of car. The Volt is more a mid-size sedan. Much better looking in my opinion. No idea about build quallity. Nissan is not what it used to be and Chevy is better than it used to be.

Forced to choose I'd take the volt in a heart beat.

nissan-leaf-502.jpg

2011-chevy-volt.jpg

Does it bother you that to a tractor trailer these are bugs on a windshield? At least your species isn't endangered or on the verge of extinction.

If you like the car, you'll love this. Airbus will start production of the Bubbabus at it's new plant in Alabama in the near future. I know, this thread is going South real fast.

fatalbus04_t653.JPG

You think a SUV can survive a Semi accident? Idiotic post.

Well...note the deployed air bag and at least the uncrushed space within which the driver likely survived. Now..imagine the crushed chewing gum wrapper that would be all that's left of a prius/whatever instead.

If you like the car, you'll love this. Airbus will start production of the Bubbabus at it's new plant in Alabama in the near future.

Sigh!...It was bound to happen. (I'm stealing that picture to inflict on a select few friends btw) ;)

"I know, this thread is going South real fast." LOL (but painfully)...Ouch!....Have mercy! No need to just "pun"ish us all like that! ;)

Does it bother you that to a tractor trailer these are bugs on a windshield? At least your species isn't endangered or on the verge of extinction.

The additional problem I have is that both of those "cars" have the appearance of being little more than pregnant door jams.

Well...note the deployed air bag and at least the uncrushed space within which the driver likely survived. Now..imagine the crushed chewing gum wrapper that would be all that's left of a prius/whatever instead.

did you miss the roof line? I don't have the link but if you do a search for volvo vs renalt crash video they set up a head on between the two. The volvo.was older (late 90's i believe) and the renalt was newer. The question was which would fair better. Most assume.d the full size volvo would cream the econo box renalt. The people in the volvo would have sustained life threatening injuries. The renalt occupants would have walked away or sustained far less critical injuries.

Size does not dictate suitability. That body on frame 3 plus ton sun has to.dissipate.the energy somewhere. Most likely it will go to the occupant.

Ill try and find the video tonight.

fatalbus04_t653.JPG

You think a SUV can survive a Semi accident? Idiotic post.

Again you twist it. Your survival is greater in an SUV from the looks of it. I don't own an SUV, btw. At least your greener weiner car will serve the purpose of doubling as a coffin.

As far as idiotic, it goes right along with the discussion, because, get this, people are animals, too! We're just not smart enough to put ourselves on the endangered list, but we are the only animal that has legal rights! :p

Again you twist it. Your survival is greater in an SUV from the looks of it. I don't own an SUV, btw. At least your greener weiner car will serve the purpose of doubling as a coffin.

As far as idiotic, it goes right along with the discussion, because, get this, people are animals, too! We're just not smart enough to put ourselves on the endangered list, but we are the only animal that has legal rights! :p

No your survival is not better in an SUV and there is not statistical evidence to support your claim. Unibody is far same than body on frame.

Actually some countries have afforded certain species (primates mainly) certain legal rights.

Back