can some one explain to me this ....

flyingman

Jan 29, 2007
can some one explain to me this .... I have been a SWA fan for about a year but there is something I don't truly understand and that is Why did southwest airlines go into Dulles airport? Any they only have 4 cities out of Dulles. Why have we not seen them put any additions to dulles airport? Is anyone else questioning this airport addition? It just seems top me that dulles is a huge airport and I thought they would come in and compete more then they have?. Will we ever see any new service for dulles airport? seems to me a waste of time and money for southwest if they don't want to go at dulles?

can some one explain to me this .... I have been a SWA fan for about a year but there is something I don't truly understand and that is Why did southwest airlines go into Dulles airport? Any they only have 4 cities out of Dulles. Why have we not seen them put any additions to dulles airport? Is anyone else questioning this airport addition? It just seems top me that dulles is a huge airport and I thought they would come in and compete more then they have?. Will we ever see any new service for dulles airport? seems to me a waste of time and money for southwest if they don't want to go at dulles?

There isn't anyone on this website who can answer that question. The people in the know here had a good reason to start service to IAD, so they did. Historically, their track record is pretty good, so I tend to trust their judgement as opposed to speculators on this site.

One obvious reason is that with their fourth largest airport right up the road (BWI, in terms of daily departures), with much the same catchment area, they don't want to cannibalize it TOO much...

Geez, you've got 7 daily nonstops to MDW where you can connect to just about anywhere in the country with the exception of the northeast. If you want to go up there, take Amtrak from Union Station to BWI station. Give it a rest.

For the same reasons we've told you all the other countless times you have asked this SAME QUESTION.

Exactly. Sad that a 13 year old's imagination is so impaired that they can't at least come up with a variety of questions with which to harrangue the adults.

Exactly. Sad that a 13 year old's imagination is so impaired that they can't at least come up with a variety of questions with which to harrangue the adults.

Gee, and I felt special, until I found the SAME type question on the jetBlue board.

:spam: MODERATOR!! :spam:

Back