Can Someone Give Me Information On Benefits For New Hires

groundcontrol

Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
Visit site
I was wondering about health care coverage for a new hire and family.
would you recieve benefits right away or is there a waiting period?
am intrested in taking a mechanic job...if that makes a difference...

Are there any other benefits offered and if so what....

our response to this is greatly appreciated.

Call 1-800-872-4780 press 1 Good luck!

Stay on hold for 20 minutes...."please enter your social security number....please enter your pin"...
enter pin ****
"Sorry that pin number does not match your social security number, please try again"
try again
"Sorry that pin number does not match your social security number, please try again"
try again
try again
"Sorry that pin number does not match your social security number, please enter your date of birth"
enter date of birth
"Sorry that date of birth does not match your social security number, please reenter your date of birth"
reenter date of birth
Sorry that date of birth does not match your social security number, please reenter your date of birth"
reenter date of birth
Sorry that date of birth does not match your social security number, please reenter your date of birth"

PLease Hold for the next available agent...another 20 minutes..

Yep.... GOOD LUCK :)

Stay on hold for 20 minutes...."please enter your social security number....please enter your pin"...
enter pin ****
try again
try again
try again
"Sorry that pin number does not match your social security number, please enter your date of birth"
enter date of birth
"Sorry that date of birth does not match your social security number, please reenter your date of birth"
reenter date of birth
reenter date of birth

PLease Hold for the next available agent...another 20 minutes..

Yep.... GOOD LUCK :)
Than

thank you for answering, however I don't think you answered my question.....
I don't get your reply????

are you saying that in order to see a doctor you have to call first???
are you saying you have to handle your own claims?

do you get immediate coverage? new hire
who is the insurance company?

thanks all

That is the number for USairways benefits. I am not sure if you can call them and ask of benefits if you are not employeed with the company. However you may be able to call human resourses, sorry I have no number for them.

I know new hires have to do a 90 day probation period, but I "THINK" benefits kick in immediately. I am sure someone here will have the answer for that.

Insurance is with Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and the coverage is high for part time/family coverage. However if you are looking into maintenance, I don't recall them ever hiring part time. Full coverage for family is around 250 a month, set to increase in 2006. Dental Insurance is also included.

You do not have to file your own claims, you use doctors in network and they file for you. usually a 15 or 25 dollar co-pay at the time of the visit.

Hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back