Canada''s Aviation Headquarters lacks excitement

Hey Max,

Let us know when you are going to be back in Lotus Land and we'll try to have a beer bash...

If any of you are passing through Nanaimo I am finally finished with my foreign contracts for this year please get in touch with me.

Now that I am free to spend more time at the airport and play with my toys I would just love to meet all of you, especially the young new people to Aviation.

It is my intent to spend my last years in Aviation giving back all the knowledge and skills that I have been fortunate enough to have learned during my fifty years as pilot.

I plan on offering a one on one training program to those who wish to improve their flying skills to enable them to better impress potential employers.

And I hope CTD can get this far west so we can get to know each other better, we can ride our bikes to the west coast of the Island. By the way we stopped in Goose and spent two days waiting for weather.

Chuck Ellsworth

I think part of the problem is too many forum categories. The two other major forums that I visit- AvCanada and AEForum both only have a "general" message area in which all topics are posted. Here its like "Left Handed C172 float instructors in Manitoba with brown hair". I would hazard a guess that if the categories were reduced to 2 or 3 forums: Private Pilots, Commercial fixed wing, and Heli that there would appear to be significantly more posts. I like the idea of many categories, but until the forum becomes an international meeting place a la PPruNe, there just isn't the traffic to support that format.

Dockjock

For me it works really good the number of forum categories. I read everyday a lot of stuff and, to have time for it all I need to have some time saving procedures or I will not be able to do it all.

The forum categories is one of such ways of saving time, since I only go to the categories that are more of my interest. To tell you the thruth there are some Forums where I never go to check the messages...

If it was everything in one or two categories, I would have to go through a time consuming process to select those that are of my interest!

Actually, I kinda like this forum over the other one (the one that's still operating). It seem all the threads in the other one just break down to petty bickering and name calling. There seems to be good threads on both, but we seem to be a little more cultured! :)

schteevie said:
I am in toronto, but I plan to spend some more time in Tillsonburg finishing my Harvard conversion training with CHAA later this season or early next
Hey Schteevie, how are you making out? Have you finished your training? :up: Share some stories with us!

The site seems to be coming more alive these days.. Being the end of the season I'm not really surprised and I'm sure it will only get better as the weather get's worse..

Hey guys, I'm not gone...
I just check here less often, so when I do check there are atleast SOME new topics :p

anyway - I ran out of "extra" money again this summer before I could get into the flying part of the harvrad training... so it is pushed back to next year <_<

warbird flying stories soon to come I hope!

Hi schteevie,

How is the Harvard flying going? Have you finally finished the conversion training process?

We're all looking forward to some interesting warbird stories!

Cheers,

Swingline

P.S. Who do they have for instructors, btw?

Hey all, good to see that you are still all here. I haven't had much access to the site for a while as I was out of town on a contract, so I guess I'm part of the problem of lack of traffic as well. Now that I'm back for a while, I hope I'll be able to contribute again. For anyone coming around the YVR area, remember that the beaver is a great place to waste an afternoon and I'm sure I could get Old Dog to come out and tell some of his lies too!!! :p

Thanks Kyle... Hopefully we can get some excitement happening around here again. Lot's of people out there are lurking, we just need them to start talking.

Cheers..