Carty resigns from American Airlines

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well, if true then y''all won. But a year ago, when Arpey was named President of AA, I am positive that I read some less than glowing reactions from the troops. Hope things have changed.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:24:05 PM KCFlyer wrote:

Well,  if true then y''all won.  But a year ago, when Arpey was named President of AA, I am positive that I read some less than glowing reactions from the troops.  Hope things have changed.

----------------​

KCF,
What is it with you, with this "Y''ALL" stuff, lately ???

AS far a Don Carty resigning, It''s all part of this "Facade" that the BOD''s are putting on for display today. Congressional delegation. "GIVE ME A FRIGGIN" BREAK" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:24:05 PM KCFlyer wrote:

Well,  if true then y''all won.  But a year ago, when Arpey was named President of AA, I am positive that I read some less than glowing reactions from the troops.  Hope things have changed.

----------------​

KCF;
Your right about negative ARPEY QUOTES.
I can''t wait until the "annointed one" "TRY''s" to throw his weight around with the (John ward-less) APFA.

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:42:11 PM texflyer wrote:

NHBB,I remember back in the days of Plane Business forums,you were a much happier camper.

----------------​

texflyer, you make a valid point.
That was mostly pre 9/11. (Boy, don''t we ALL yearn for pre 9/11)

Now fast forward to the last 6/9 months.
With AA nearing BK-11, the smartest thing that should of benn done, was IMHO, to SHRINK the company, for the cost savings needed, without BK even becoming an issue.
But NO, "they" had to come up with "shared sacrifice", WHICH WE "ALL" KNOW WAS A BUNCH OF BULL SH*T !! RIGHT ??

You''ll get these "monday morning quarterbacks" who will tell you that WN, and B6 are "just waiting for AA to pull out of routes/cities" Hey, "NEWS FLASH" WN, and B6 are''nt waiting for ANYTHING. There doing it already.

texflyer, If you or I buy a fine old home, thats in such bad shape that it''s unlivable, we would (99% of the time), Strip it down to it''s basic''s(frame), and rebuild it,slow but SURE(RE-CALLED EMPLOYEES), and turn it into the best home on the street.
Sound familiar ????????/

Crandall did "just that" to AA once before, and turned it into a FORCE, that had one heck of a run.(15 years)

If you(using "you" in the general sense) look at it that way, as opposed to BOO HOOing because "I(using "I" in the general sense) will get laid off", it''s CRYSTAL CLEAR, which way is the best way, for long term viability !!!!!!

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 4/24/2003 7:56:07 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:42:11 PM texflyer wrote:

----------------​

texflyer, you make a valid point.
That was mostly pre 9/11. (Boy, don''t we ALL yearn for pre 9/11)

Now fast forward to the last 6/9 months.
With AA nearing BK-11, the smartest thing that should of benn done, was IMHO, to SHRINK the company, for the cost savings needed, without BK even becoming an issue.
But NO, "they" had to come up with "shared sacrifice", WHICH WE "ALL" KNOW WAS A BUNCH OF BULL SH*T !! RIGHT ??

You''ll get these "monday morning quarterbacks" who will tell you that WN, and B6 are "just waiting for AA to pull out of routes/cities" Hey, "NEWS FLASH" WN, and B6 are''nt waiting for ANYTHING. There doing it already.

texflyer, If you or I buy a fine old home, thats in such bad shape that it''s unlivable, we would (99% of the time), Strip it down to it''s basic''s(frame), and rebuild it,slow but SURE(RE-CALLED EMPLOYEES), and turn it into the best home on the street.
Sound familiar ????????/

Crandall did "just that" to AA once before, and turned it into a FORCE, that had one heck of a run.(15 years)

If you(using "you" in the general sense) look at it that way, as opposed to BOO HOOing because "I(using "I" in the general sense) will get laid off", it''s CRYSTAL CLEAR, which way is the best way, for long term viability !!!!!!

NH/BB''s

----------------​

NH/BB''s,

You seem to know a whole bunch about the aviation industry, which begs me to ask, why don''t you either run for President of AA or stick to "slinging bags".

----------------

----------------​

NHBB, that should be posted at every AA facility for all employees to see, to remember who the real enemies are.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 8:00:27 PM BDLDFW wrote:

----------------

----------------​

NHBB, that should be posted at every AA facility for all employees to see, to remember who the real enemies are.

----------------​

"FACT''s are FACT''s" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crandall pulled AA out of the crapper once before, NOT USING (Phoney) "SHARED SACRIFICES", but by S H R I N K I N G the C O M P A N Y .

"WHAT IN GOD''s NAME, IS SO (FRIGGIN'') HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT ????????????????????????????????????????????

Ah well, we ALL know how the saying goes,
"THE TRUTH HURTS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

NH/BB,I know what you are stating about shrinking the airline back to profitability. I just don''t think your fellow employees would share the view of wanting to loose their job for the sake of the company.

The union could have taken the same point of view you do,but they want the most workers employed so as not hinder their dues. Yeah that sound harsh,but it is true.

I thought you were the same guy from Plane Business.