cash cow adds $1000's to profit share checks for f/a's

l8rd8r

Senior
Oct 21, 2005
whores or just smarter than most...This one pissed me off but, should it have??? I had the chance like they did to sell them in the beginning. I did not, so now I want to cry unfair that my fellow co-worker put in a new granite top stainless steel kitchen on the $$$$ he got from pimping cash cow and then turned around and made out with a higher profit share check based on earned income not company time. Help me out here is this fair to you?? And I'm on the East. You should hear the reasons the West f/a's didn't get to profit from cash cow. "Its an Itt glitch" or "you hated the $1 coupons we figured you'd hate the cash cow too". It amases me that one group of employees can be treated so differently. Andrew...whats the union say bout this??? "cut them all another check equal to the largest cash cow amount" (wishful thinking).
Whinning big time!!!

Profit sharing was based on your W-2 Earnings, how you can base it on hours worked when flight crews and ground ops all have differant hours and schedules?

How would you pay it out on company time?

W-2 Earnings is the most fair way to calculate it.

The more you work, the more you make, seems fair to me.

And when we took paycuts over the years before those who made more took bigger cuts, did not see the people who made less complain about that.

The more you work, the more you make, seems fair to me.

And when we took paycuts over the years before those who made more took bigger cuts, did not see the people who made less complain about that.
I believe you missed my point.
I took paycuts on the years that I flew the most.
I got profit sharing based on the year that I flew the least.
The fair way to do it would be to take the average earnings of the years that we gave back, and base the profit sharing on that.
Subtract the West sharing since they had NOTHING to do with our give backs.

Subtract the West sharing since they had NOTHING to do with our give backs.

I agree that its unfair to include the Cash Cow program in the profit sharing. Some of us are NOT included in that program, as it only is on the East.

And the comment on subtracting the West employees is just idiotic...without the West helping to merge and to make profit and allowing US to stay afloat..you wouldnt be getting a profit sharing check! You would be counting your foodstamps rather than a profit sharing check.

Guess you dont know how to read, the East made the profit while the West lost money.

US raised the money for the merger, not HP.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

I agree that its unfair to include the Cash Cow program in the profit sharing. Some of us are NOT included in that program, as it only is on the East.
Right, and you were also NOT included in the profit sharing program at all until East MEC decided, on a whim, without input from the flight attendants making 3 sets of painful concessions, to include you as well. So don't kick a gift horse in the mouth. Get it?

Whine whine whine.....

And the comment on subtracting the West employees is just idiotic...without the West helping to merge and to make profit and allowing US to stay afloat..you wouldnt be getting a profit sharing check! You would be counting your foodstamps rather than a profit sharing check.

Yea Yea Yea

If if wasn't for the west....

Give it a rest...

We all did our part to make a profit...

As a customer, I think anyone who "pimps cash cow" should be denied extra profit sharing out of general principle. It's the most annoying, degrading, trailer park carnivale style thing I've ever seen/heard on an airline. It's worse than the happy meal, boones wine in a plastic cup, and the bud out of the party sized cup combined.

As a customer, I think anyone who "pimps cash cow" should be denied extra profit sharing out of general principle. It's the most annoying, degrading, trailer park carnivale style thing I've ever seen/heard on an airline. It's worse than the happy meal, boones wine in a plastic cup, and the bud out of the party sized cup combined.
Sorry you feel that way. Trailer park or not, my announcements are brief and tasteful, and the $$$ in my checks, both regular and profit sharing, is even more tasteful.... :up:

I am surprised to see that you would advocate taking even more $$$ away from the front line employees. Thank you for your input on the matter.

Sorry you feel that way. Trailer park or not, my announcements are brief and tasteful, and the $$$ in my checks, both regular and profit sharing, is even more tasteful.... :up:

I am surprised to see that you would advocate taking even more $$$ away from the front line employees. Thank you for your input on the matter.

I don't advocate taking money away from frontline employees. I loathe Tempe for incenting employees to shill in such a blatent fashion to a captive audience. I am annoyed about such lies as:

"Specially marked for this flight" (eg, I get the money)

Lies about the "unlimited upgrades."

And "the miles that almost get you a free ticket anywhere" (good luck using them).

I am further aggrevated in that I did not buy a plane ticket to be exposed to an additional 5-10 minutes of advertising and the "door to door sales pitch" coming down the aisle two or more times in a flight.

If you want to sell stuff, do us all a favor and do it door to door when you don't have a captive audience. If you "Cash cow," don't expect so much as a modicum of respect from me or anyone else about "being primarily there for my safety," either. It cheapens the profession.

The best move I have ever seen is on a flight from LGW where a gentlemen in Y stood up, turned round, and announced to the entire Y cabin that "they get paid for every application--just keep it in mind." Bravo, I say.

Cash Cow is voluntary for every east F/A. No offense, but if you chose not to do it then it's your loss. You turned down free money. I thought it was lame too but ended up doing quite well on it. Same as ETB, its a choice, there is some flexibility in how much you earned.

Does it cheapen the profession? Yes, but so did the company and the union (and indirectly the traveling public) when they decided my contribution was worth little more than a thousand dollars each month. But I like the gig so hell yeah I'll supplement with those things. Four of them is equal to a four day trip. I've doubled my income some months. The majority of our current customers couldn't care less if Hare Krishnas and encyclopedia salesmen roamed the aisles and someone tried to get you to buy a timeshare by the lav. You can't even vomit on a US plane without seeing an advertisement. Is it really possible to "cheapen" the current US Airways product? All that gets beaten into my head is "not a premium airline, low cost, cheap cheap cheap" so there's my cheap contribution. Customers who don't like the constant ads and underpaid employees should vote with thier feet- go to another airline and tell US why. Talk is also cheap!

West doesn't have Cash Cow because they have a different credit card. Simple. I don't really think they should have gotten profit sharing this time either. When it's a sing;e work group yes, now no.

I don't advocate taking money away from frontline employees.
Yes, in fact you do.

If you want to sell stuff, do us all a favor and do it door to door when you don't have a captive audience. If you "Cash cow," don't expect so much as a modicum of respect from me or anyone else about "being primarily there for my safety," either. It cheapens the profession.
With all due respect, I could not care less if you respect me or not. I am professional, do my job well, and simply do not care what a passenger thinks of me personally. As far as cheapening the profession, that's a bit of a stretch.... Does not matter to me what you feel concerning my profession, either. I would never dream of judging another person according to their profession. Do you yell at the Starbucks barista when they ask you if you would like a muffin with the latte you ordered? After all, they receive bonuses based on their sales! :lol:

The best move I have ever seen is on a flight from LGW where a gentlemen in Y stood up, turned round, and announced to the entire Y cabin that "they get paid for every application--just keep it in mind." Bravo, I say.
Scream and yell all you want; we are used to hearing pax yell and scream at us, especially with the Super Savers in YC these days. (It always entertains the other passengers that aren't so hotheaded.... :lol: ) Does not change the fact that I made a lot of welcome $$$ with the program. :up:

Take care!

Latest posts

Back