W-2 plus cash cow = F/A Profit Share Amount

songbirdstew

Senior
Sep 10, 2003
So, I just found out that the F/A profit sharing was not just based on our W-2 from our flying earnings but the total which includes cash cow. I think that really stinks !!!
Being a RSV, I am not out there flying every single week but B/H are. I do cash cow but don't see much cuz I don't fly much. Aside from that, cash cow is a voluntary program and some people chose not to harass pax trying to earn an extra 50 bucks...which is their choice so now they are being penalized.
In addition, I think the company has some explaining to do to those employees who do not have the opportunity to make the extra bucks the way F/As do.
There are some F/As supplementing their income by hundreds/thousands per month while other employee groups can't do that....and that was reflected in their share of the profit sharing checks.
I'm sure those people who do cash cow will not agree but to be fair to all groups, I think this definitely needs to be changed in the future.

I agree with you. Cash cow should not have been included in the equation. It has nothing to do with how much profit this company made. Just another lame decision. I'll bet our LECP and MECP's ok'ed it that way.

to be fair to all groups.
I tend to agree, not that it's any of my business. Just a small correction, though. The F/A group didn't get a larger percentage of the profit sharing pool because of cash cow. It just determines how the F/A group's percentage of the profit sharing pool is divided among the individual F/A's.

Jim

Don't forget that the company makes a lot of monies off those sales as well which incresses your proffit sharing that also includes GOFIRST

Don't forget that the company makes a lot of monies off those sales as well which incresses your proffit sharing that also includes GOFIRST

Yeah, and drives away god only knows how many people who are tired of the credit card shill....

Back