Chicago-bound AA aircraft diverted

ronaldl79

Feb 14, 2006
Denver, Colorado
ronaldlewis.com
Original story here

NEW YORK, Aug 25 (Reuters) - An American Airlines flight carrying 179 people from Manchester, England, to Chicago was diverted to Bangor, Maine, on Friday because of security concerns, the AMR Corp. (AMR.N: Quote, Profile, Research) subsidiary said.

It was the latest in a series of scares since police in Britain uncovered a suspected plot to blow up U.S.-bound airliners this month. Since then security has been tightened at airports and passengers have been jittery.

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration said it learned of "a reported threat to the aircraft while it was en route." The plane landed safely and all passengers left the plane.

Richard Hedges, an American Airlines spokesman in London, said American Airlines flight 55 from Manchester to Chicago was diverted to Bangor due to a possible security concern.

In Houston, FBI officials were questioning a man traveling from Buenos Aires on Continental Airlines Inc. (CAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) flight 52 after bomb-sniffing dogs at the international arrivals area noticed something in his luggage, a TSA official said.

Officials believed he had picked up dynamite during a mining trip while he was abroad and had stored it in his suitcase.

The Continental flight flew on to Newark without the man or his luggage and was swept for explosives as a precaution. A spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said the incident was over and "we have an 'all clear.'"

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

"LETS GO" you AA insiders(Former ModerAAtor, Garfield 1966).

Whats up with this occurance ??

Did they fly the passengers out of BGR,via a ferry, or the same A/C /

Since I've been "up there", I know that BGR does have customs, and is the first choice(in the USA/east coast) for flights coming from europe.

"INFO PLEASE" !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

(Sadly),by living in beautiful New Hampshire, I'm surrounded by the NATIONS most BRUTAL conservative newspaper(RAG) !!

The Manchester "Union Leader"(JESUS, what a contradiction), makes Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity/Ann Coulter and FOX news, all look like members of the ACLU !!!!!!

Anyway, I awoke this saturday morning to this horrible form of INEPT journalism !!!!

www.theunionleader.com/forms/pageform.aspx

Complete with LARGE colorful photo, and caption, I called them to inquire about their FRONT PAGE ERROR(regarding our AA/55 flight that was diverted to Bangor(BGR) Maine)

All I kept getting from the UL, was excuses ranging from computer glitchs, to "It was the A P's fault"

"Man, I tell ya'....the consumer does'nt stand a chance these days" :down: :down: :down: :down:

NH/BB's

Apparantly the guy wasn't on the no fly list, because the US wanted him. Mid flight, they were told to land, and the crew used the ruse of an inflight medical emergency. After landing, the police arrested/detained him as he walked off the plane. A 757 came up from BOS, F/A's as well. IOR F/A's waived DHD and went to ORD on the 767 with a new BOS crew. ORD pilots stayed overnight and took the 757 back the next day to BOS. This was told to me by someone working the flight from MAN to ORD.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Are you "moonlighting"/(second job) to supplement your Income ?

Considering the increase in pay I got by leaving AMR, trust me when I say that won't be necessary. I'm still shocked when I see a positive balance in both my checking and my savings accounts at the end of the month....

Latest posts