City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh we see only at DL HDQ is fleet profitability discussed

wow - every other airline is flying blind on fuel efficiency, etc

how do you come up with this stuff

How many airline executive offices have you been in outside of DL that allows you to make this statement?

I guess all these airlines buying new aircraft with more fuel efficient engines are clueless - I guess the engine manufacturers never bring up how much fuel one could save with the new engines - this is truly amazing analysis on your part

since you are "outside" of the DL family, you wouldn't know but Kev could certainly ask the question of DL execs in the hob-knobbing he does with them.

and I wouldn't be surprised if they have discussed it even on earnings conference calls - which are available to the public.

It is the truth whether you believe it or not.

and it is the economics of the M80 and 757 (hint, hint, Kevin) that allow DL to compete as well as DL does in so many domestic markets.

again, other carriers think differently from DL - and yet DL manages to be extraordinarily profitable.

DL IS buying new aircraft as well... they just don't see the need to throw out every aircraft when it reaches 20 years old.

oh - so we are back to "need to know" since you prove your point - got it - we will make sure airlines like SQ know they have been missing the boat all these years with new aircraft

hint... global airline profits are being driven by the US carriers.

and low fare carriers are growing rapidly in SE Asia.

so can you tell us EK and SQ's profit margin?

or at what point do you decide that having a post for every carrier that has ever ordered a new aircraft proves nothing?

I know it's hard to follow but someone tried to make a slam about DL's use of older aircraft like the M80 and how DL would be at a disadvantage because of it.

They decided to try to argue that all of the carriers that are buying new aircraft are making a mistake.

problem with that theory is that DL does buy new aircraft - they just also manage to keep their older aircraft flying longer, esp. the DC9 series which is incredibly durable.

and $60/bbl oil makes the M80 look even better and even breathes new life into the 757, of which DL will keep about 100 copies in service for the better part of another decade.

esp. on routes like ATL-DFW and the 717 on ATL-DAL where the low costs for both work very favorably.

Wait we should change this now to how WN is going to fail - over on the WN board some cheerleader is suggesting that WN is running an unsafe operation and with a single aircraft out of service - it will impact their international flying

you clearly either don't get it or like to confuse the issue in the name of increasing your post count.

I see you have gotten above 1000. Congrats!

what is your goal by Dec 31?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back