Cleanliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Well the company has decided that the appearance of their interior airplanes and lavatory servicing is not a top priority.

In CLT the company has cut manpower in utility and reports are this is happening systemwide.

Charlotte is running very short on manpower as management is not covering any time off due to vacations, light duty, sick and occupational injuries.

They are only running three lavatory trucks for 40 flights per bank, so lavs are only getting serviced if the crew requests it.

They are running one utility for every two gates including security checks.

And on third shift on the RON cleaning, management has told the leads, not to clean the airplanes, do a security check and through flight cleaning.

So bathrooms, galleys, trays and anything else is not getting cleaned. They are being told to cross the seat belts, remove the trash from the galleys and that is it.

Seems local management does not want to provide a clean plane to our passengers, maybe the FDA needs to be informed.

Sounds like the airplanes at the PIT gates when the cleaners were fully staffed before any layoffs were happening. I cannot count the times we had to take a flithy dirty airplane out of pit or phl due to cleaners simply not doing their job. Also, there were many times we did not get lav service or potable water after numerous requests and lengthy delays. A house cleaning is long overdue.

And one more thing, a special thank you to the cleaner in ewr who screamed that he should be paid what first officers were being paid. This happened when he was cleaning our airplane after we had been parked on the ramp with passengers for over four hours in clt before we were allowed to depart. Of course the plane was trashed and he resented having to clean it. Found out later that we were the only airplane to have landed that day due to fog. So this was his only plane all day, he cursed at all of the flight attendants (after we had been on the airplane for over six hours with all of the angry passengers) , he and his buddy pulled a slow down and he thinks he needs to be paid more money. I remember him fondly and want to thank him for all of the laughs he has given me over the years.

Hula Girl said:
Sounds like the airplanes at the PIT gates when the cleaners were fully staffed before any layoffs were happening. I cannot count the times we had to take a flithy dirty airplane out of pit or phl due to cleaners simply not doing their job. Also, there were many times we did not get lav service or potable water after numerous requests and lengthy delays. A house cleaning is long overdue.
[post="186153"][/post]​
:up:

Funny how a story turns on a dime when a little truth is added.

I can see why some employers shy away from "some" former union members as potential employees.

Hula, we have not have had Cleaners in EWR in over a year, so you must be going way back. The Ramp in EWR now cleans the aircraft and the lone ramp guy will accept help cleaning from anyone willing to help....its called team work. So next time in EWR feel free to assist or atleast pick up some news papers before landing to make a fellow employees job quicker, since after he is done in the cabin he must go out and load the flight so you can depart on time.

Mmmm hmmm. Thank you Hope 777, I am refreshed and enlightened by your post. I know for a fact that if we had dared to even fold a blanket then he would have happily filed a grievance with the iam. What do they get when a crewmember or someone other than a cleaner helps them without permission-time and a half? It was several years ago-hence the line about the laughs he had given me over the years. And do not lecture to me about teamwork. I was part of Piedmont and we were more than happy to help each other out. Now, instead of being grateful for the help, too many were looking for anything that would give them the opportunity to file and get paid for work they were not going to do anyway. I know many people who had grievances filed against them for doing something like folding a wadded up blanket the cleaner threw in the overhead, or taking a newspaper out of a seatback that was left by the cleaner. (Many many cleaners did and continue to do a great job. Unfortunately as with many situations, the worse ones stand out the most.)

As do the F/As who kept putting coffee and ice in the trash and getting people hurt with back injuries or the other ones who used the drains on the gate pouring hot coffee on the employees instead of reading their manuals and placards in the galleys that say otherwise!

I suggest if you live in a glass house you should not throw stones.

And cant you keep it on topic?

Hula, you are the one who attempted to slam me, I guess you should practice what you preach.

Do you have selective memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.