Another Management Failure

You got to be kidding. I work in a out station and it take three people maybe one hour to clean and due a security check on a 737-400. If 19 people can't do 31 aircraft in a shift than all 19 of you are slowing the process down. I say out source all of cleaning. I can remember when I worked for Piedmont and we had wang and the gang clean the planes, they did a much better job in less than half the time. I don't feel sorry for any of you.

• Banned
If you are doing it in one hour, you are not doing the check nor cleaning it by the me-37.

gimme a break

Bob,

Your fangs are showing....

700UW can be more precise, but I suspect it is the list of what is supposed to be accomplished. Formulated by the company to meet various criteria.

Jim

The ME 73 is the company-generated 'checklist' of things to be accomplished during RON cleaning.

And I can flat promise you, if you're routinely accomplishing a security check quicker than 1 minute a seat, you're pencil-whipping it.

Don't think so? Have TSA watch you work, and see what happens.

Of course, U is perfectly capable of giving you less than enough time to complete the task, and leaving you to take the risks.

Also, check with your CSM about the latest regs about how cleaning and security are to be performed - it will be enlightening.

You guys know I don't bulls*&t.

• Banned
I would expect a more mature response by a middle age man, but oh well your anti-union bias is alive and well.

It is a ME-73, forget which number is used is a COMPANY MADE JOB CARD, let me repeat it is a COMPANY MADE JOB CARD, on what is to be done on the RON Cleaning. The form is signed off by the person completing the work and their lead and then is turned into management to be kept on file.

So your feable attempt to try and slam unionized workers has failed once again.

700UW said:
I would expect a more mature response by a middle age man, but oh well your anti-union bias is alive and well.

It is a ME-73, forget which number is used is a COMPANY MADE JOB CARD, let me repeat it is a COMPANY MADE JOB CARD, on what is to be done on the RON Cleaning. The form is signed off by the person completing the work and their lead and then is turned into management to be kept on file.

So your feable attempt to try and slam unionized workers has failed once again.
[post="204538"][/post]​
Your feable attempt to justify your "important" job is laughable!!! Security check??, cleaning between flights?, And don't even try to talk about maintenence issues, 700, you don't have a clue about maintenance!! You talk a good talk, but your NO MAINTENANCE Man!!!

• Banned
Why dont you learn to read, the ME-73 Job card is the overnight cleaning card, who said anything about maintenance?

And go ask the TSA if a plane can fly without a security check.

PineyBob said:
"A Company MADE job card. HMMMMM?????

So the company made up the cleaning procedures all by themselves? Geez and here I thought the CBA's covered EVERY aspect of work life.

I thought the purpose of a CBA was to define the scope of work to be performed and such in addition to defining pay & benefits for the workgroup covered by said same CBA.

Seems I've been outsmarted!

Now be a good boy and GDAT
[post="204593"][/post]​

Your disdain and continued anti labor remarks about unions are real easy to make when you're not face to face with the individuals who make up the thing you loathe. You must have had some kind of trauma in your early life that involved unions, regardless, there is help out there for the mental issues your posts clearly show.

If you answer with one of your long winded diatribes about America Steel and how the French and Indian War changed everything you 're wasting bandwidth because I refuse to read your rants and haven't for a long time....

the guy who called you out when you bragged about getting people fired and then tell everyone the meaning of virtue.

StatioRat said:
I can remember when I worked for Piedmont and we had wang and the gang clean the planes, they did a much better job in less than half the time. I don't feel sorry for any of you.
[post="204515"][/post]​
No wonders when the Piedmont planes came in for checks

right after the merger they were so filthy

PineyBob said:

So the company made up the cleaning procedures all by themselves? Geez and here I thought the CBA's covered EVERY aspect of work life.

I thought the purpose of a CBA was to define the scope of work to be performed and such in addition to defining pay & benefits for the workgroup covered by said same CBA.

[post="204593"][/post]​

Bob,

Not outsmarted, just led astray by your anit-union zeal.

The CBA's do cover the "scope" issues, but your understanding is what "scope" covers is obviously in error. Scope merely says who will do the job, not how it is to be done. In the case of overnight cleaning/security check, scope determines which stations will use utility personnel and which stations will not.

How any job is done is entirely within the perview of the company, as long as it meets any regulatory requirements (and aviation has a lot of regulatory requirements).

Jim

However if work is assigned to a group and is not being accomplished for whatever reason, the company is forced to deploy more assets whether they are actually needed or not. This is strickly a function of how the work is being performed and not subject to a CBA. However it might as well be since the company needs the work accomplished and there have been many times when the work was just not done either for lack of manning, lack of supervision, or a lack of integrety.

A320 Driver

• Banned
A320 Driver:
All the factors you describe are controlled by the company, not the union. The union does not set the staffing, make the job cards nor are they responsible for the lack of supervision.

And to Bob, there is a Manager of Aircraft Appearance he sets the standards and procedures of what is suppose to be done on the RON cleaning, He is based in PIT and answers to the Director of Technical Ops. Like others have said in your zealous attempt to slam the unions once again, you only made yourself look foolish since you have no idea of what actually goes on.

PineyBob said:

[post="204593"][/post]​

Yes, the companies formulate the cleaning procedures. At AA we call it "the bill of work". After 9/11, we were instructed by management on how to do security checks.

ExUAW said:
No wonders when the Piedmont planes came in for checks

right after the merger they were so filthy

[post="204601"][/post]​

You should see the Airbuses. Talk about gross!

A320 Driver

Back