Comments From Ga Congressman

Sad to say, but had the PI/US merger been handled properly the outcome COULD have been a powerhouse of an airline. I know we have all been over this many times already, and nothing can be done to reverse the damage that was done. I would be willing to give Parker a shot at this deal, as he is not of the same mentality that the CCY gang was. :unsure:

I was just thinking about some of the comments made about going to 1 carrier in many cities and this is why it should be denied. IF there is no restriction on gate space and no slots, and US and DL are the only carriers currently WILLING to serve a certain city, why should they (and the merger) be punished because of this? If WN or FL or B6 could start service to ILM/AVL/HTS tomorrow and they dont want to, why should we not be allowed to merge because no one else wants to serve a certain city? What about all those cities where US +OR+ DL are the only carriers now? Is that anticompetitive and being considered into the mix on the new routes that wont have competition? Why arent they crying about the other carriers not serving AGS or CSG now? Just curious what others felt about this particular line of thought regarding the merger?