Committee teams?

I am extremely disheartened that there has been no replies to my completely incoherent rant from any of the usual industrial unionist clown crowd. Please come in the the water it's safe. Take a shot.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

He isn't chairing negotiations, that would be the IAM for the first two years.

700UW said:
He isn't chairing negotiations, that would be the IAM for the first two years.
He is the chairperson for my group M&R. That`s a red flag and completely unacceptable. Period. Full stop.

Rogallo said:
Yep, first things first. The industrial unions have to figure out who gets all our dues money first.

Then it's time to look out for the members!

I got mine!

It's going to take some time.
First they have to decide were to meat :p (iam loves Vegas :) )
Then make reservations for plane, hotel, conference room and meals.
Line up the hookers and pre-order the best coke.
Take a survey of the best booby bars that give the cheapest lap dances.
It's all in the details... :p

View attachment 10675

Yea Baby!

The should be meeting at the William W Wipinsinger Education and Technology Center at Placid Harbor, MD.

This isnt the TWU and the IAM negotiating separately with AA, its the Association and the IAM is the lead for the first two years.

eolesen said:
Yeah, you might find out that there's no difference... Worst case, you have a new representation election in a year.
I beg to differ. I am sure there are many a contractual issue that the company wishes were gone. To get free reign over how we work might be quite a shock to some. if people think they're all of a sudden going to Delta wages without Delta work rules, they'd better think again.

700UW said:
The should be meeting at the William W Wipinsinger Education and Technology Center at Placid Harbor, MD.

This isnt the TWU and the IAM negotiating separately with AA, its the Association and the IAM is the lead for the first two years.

Oh well, glad you cleared that up.  For a minute I was concerned; however, with that new info, I feel a lot better about our chances in negotiating a good contract.....not!

NMB still hasn't come out with a decision, so let's not put the cart before the horse.

If (god forbid) the NMB fails the AA M&R and agrees to this association abomination, Bob is right, the TWU's title one negotiating committee is led by a baggage handler.  To make matters worse, there are more baggage handlers on the title one negotiating committee than there are actual AMTs.  Again, what could go wrong?

bikeguy said:
OK great the committee teams have been picked.
What else has been done?
Have we got everything lined up to join the contracts? As far as what are we going to ask for in negotiations.
Are we going pension or 401k?
What overtime system are we going to use LUS or LAA?
Are we going to bid jobs like we do now at US or are we going to use a transfer list like AA?
This list can go on and on, Seems these guys got a lot of work to do and we have not gotten any update on none of it.
They asked for contract proposals what was the result of that? maybe a top ten list of the results.
Seems everything is a secret and there is a lack of communication to the guys on the floor.
We the AMT's need to have everything in order BEFORE we get to the table.

Yeah! What he said. ^^

MetalMover said:
Delta mechanics seem to do good with no union. But they have always been non union. For us to suddenly go non union...well, let your imagination run wild as to what might happen.
The last time this teAAm had non-union mechanics working for them was NWA. Need I say more? We do not want to be non-union, especially with these guys. 

Appointing a guy from Fleet is a big disappointment. Nothing against Sean but he should not be there, let the three Presidents pick who they want as Chair. 

No matter how they spin it having a FSC as our Chair is unacceptable. The Chair is always the most powerful in the room, they pick who speaks, and they have the last word before every vote. Look at stores, they did better than any other group because they threw Don out and picked one of their own to Chair their committee, Steve Gukelberger, and they ended up coming out of BK with their work rules pretty much intact (CC by Seniority) , more Vacation than us, Longevity, no loss of half pay for the first two days out sick, even won a skill premium they never had before and second in pay to WN not bottom of the industry like us. 

Bob Owens said:
The last time this teAAm had non-union mechanics working for them was NWA. Need I say more? We do not want to be non-union, especially with these guys. 

Appointing a guy from Fleet is a big disappointment. Nothing against Sean but he should not be there, let the three Presidents pick who they want as Chair. 

No matter how they spin it having a FSC as our Chair is unacceptable. The Chair is always the most powerful in the room, they pick who speaks, and they have the last word before every vote. Look at stores, they did better than any other group because they threw Don out and picked one of their own to Chair their committee, Steve Gukelberger, and they ended up coming out of BK with their work rules pretty much intact (CC by Seniority) , more Vacation than us, Longevity, no loss of half pay for the first two days out sick, even won a skill premium they never had before and second in pay to WN not bottom of the industry like us. 
According to Sean Doyle, stores didn't get anything extra.  Everyone had a cost neutral contract.  Since stores got improvements everywhere in their contract and lost nothing, it appears AMTs funded stores improvements with the loss of a week of vacation.  They claim stores got a 1.5% less raise but then they awarded them skill pay (equal to 1.5%) for a skill that is not identifiable.  Doyle is on board with this stuff.  Anyone who would lie about that stuff like he does is dangerous.  Lombardo's stooge is what he is.  He has no business being in the room for AMT negotiations.  I promise you he will screw our ears off.  

OldGuy@AA said:
According to Sean Doyle, stores didn't get anything extra.  Everyone had a cost neutral contract.  Since stores got improvements everywhere in their contract and lost nothing, it appears AMTs funded stores improvements with the loss of a week of vacation.  They claim stores got a 1.5% less raise but then they awarded them skill pay (equal to 1.5%) for a skill that is not identifiable.  Doyle is on board with this stuff.  Anyone who would lie about that stuff like he does is dangerous.  Lombardo's stooge is what he is.  He has no business being in the room for AMT negotiations.  I promise you he will screw our ears off.  

I would be in favor of Local 591 taking some sort of action against the makeup of this committee.  Bob, if you guys haven't already - need to look into this, and see what we can do as AMTs to get this changed.  The shear audacity of this Doyle character to accept this position speaks volumes about his character.  This will be yet another tough lesson for the AMTs at AA, all courtesy of the people that failed to sign AMFA cards. 

Latest posts

Back